disturbing article

<< < (2/4) > >>

English:
Raise the retirement age or scrap it entirely. Unfortunately because people live longer, they're just gonna have to work longer too. There's no other way to solve this problem.

Fmr. Gov. NickG:

We should reform Social Security and Medicare by scrapping the payroll tax and just funding them out of income tax and other general funds.  There is no Social Security trust fund in reality, so let's just get rid of the mirage.  

Also, raising the retirement age will probably be necessary at some point...I know it is already scheduled to increase, but we may need to bump it to 70 for people in my generation.

MODU:

That is the current practice.  People my age will able able to pull retirement 5 years later than what my parents can.

Because of this, I've already planned on the fact that there will be no funds available when I reach my "golden years," hence the reason why I've built my own retirement package through 401(k)s, invesmtnets, property, debt reduction, etc.  

However . . . I wish I would win the lotto before then, so I can retire earlier.  hehehe

Wakie:
Quote from: AuH2O on September 15, 2004, 09:36:25 AM

LoL

Maybe Clinton should have reformed Social Security in the 8 years he was President?

Maybe Bill Clinton should have reformed Medicare?

And now he blames Bush for Clinton's political cowardice? lol that is hilarious.

The irony of you saying this is that he tried but was thwarted by a Republican Controlled Congress.

Bush also has a Republican Controlled Congress and he gets nothing done.  But then again, as the expiration of the Assault Weapons Ban proved, Bush is the Republican Congress's bitch.

TheBulldog:
Wasn't one of the most memorable lines from Clinton's state of the Union address in 1997 "save social security first?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page