disturbing article

<< < (4/4)

johngalt1234:
I think we are losing track over here. It is not a matter of budget deficits. It is the matter of looming liabilities caused by entitlements such as Medicare.

The article points out the Medicare is going to cause more problems than Social Security. It isnt going to get easier from here on out.

Since We are talking about Clinton and how he ran surpluses that was all because of a booming stock market.  

The key fact is that in order to get elected all Clinton and recently Bush have pandered to the electorate(read senior citizens) by talking about a drug benefit that is the most recent occurrence.  Give people a free lunch and they will keep coming back for more.

There is no free lunch, because the Piper will demand payment sooner or later and the later we pay the more is demanded.
I dont like the fact that payroll taxes are going to go up soon. Maybe some on this board do....
I will vote my conscience and vote Badnarik

http://www.badnarik.org

badnarikin04:
Quote from: Philip on September 15, 2004, 01:08:48 PM

How to save social security: completely privatize 'it' (so that it no longer exists, and people can keep their own money).

GASP!!!!!

Phillip....making sense?!?!?!

IT'S ARMAGEDDON!!!

DA:
Quote from: English on September 15, 2004, 09:43:07 AM

Raise the retirement age or scrap it entirely. Unfortunately because people live longer, they're just gonna have to work longer too. There's no other way to solve this problem.

Sure there is, privitization.

Bogart:
1. Privatize Social Security in some fashion for those under a certain age and for those older who wish to participate.

2. Means test both Social Security and Medicare.

Just for starters....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page