Predict the Obama Presidency (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:00:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Predict the Obama Presidency (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predict the Obama Presidency  (Read 6534 times)
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« on: October 12, 2008, 01:09:43 AM »

Good foreign policy, bad everything else.  Might get some traction on curbing spending, but with a partisan bent to the prioritization.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 09:05:31 AM »

He will almost certainly end up being an enormous disappointment to many of his most devoted followers. Beyond that, I don't know. A lot depends on what goes on in financeland in the months before he takes office (assuming that he wins. Which looks very likely right now).

Agree with this.  I like Obama, but I think he's too tied to his party to be truly effect in the ways he might want.  Change, yes, but change bastardized by the Harry Reids and Nancy Pelosis of the world.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:59:49 PM »

Well, it looks like his followers cannot conceive a scenario in which he will be unsuccessful. Even I will admit I don't see McCain doing that well in his first term given the current state of things.

Agree.  If it is McCain, I think the term is quiet and sluggish.  Feels like ice cold water and little substantive change.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 08:00:35 PM »

Good foreign policy, bad everything else.  Might get some traction on curbing spending, but with a partisan bent to the prioritization.

^^^^^^^^

I like Obama, but I think he's too tied to his party to be truly effect in the ways he might want.  Change, yes, but change bastardized by the Harry Reids and Nancy Pelosis of the world.

^^^^^^^^

Have I been posting under another login in my sleep?

And you're from Maryland, too.  Bizarro.  *high fives*
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 08:03:59 PM »

President Romney being sworn into office as President of the United States in January, 2013.

LOL.  That slimeball will never be President.

Agree.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 10:58:41 AM »

Hillary Clinton might challenge Obama for the 2012 nomination in that scenario, Ford. If his approval ratings were that sucky, he'd almost certainly receive at least one if not several high profile challengers.

Strongly agree.  Dems eat their own.

(To be fair, the GOP is loyal to a fault -- see Bush.)
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 01:43:00 PM »

Hillary Clinton might challenge Obama for the 2012 nomination in that scenario, Ford. If his approval ratings were that sucky, he'd almost certainly receive at least one if not several high profile challengers.

Strongly agree.  Dems eat their own.

(To be fair, the GOP is loyal to a fault -- see Bush.)

Not really. Ford and Reagan battled it out in 1976. The Republicans had no reason to challenge Bush in 2004 anyway. He had a 52% approval rating and won reelection.

Ford wasn't elected, and was not a popular or consensus pick.

The cracks in the Bush regime were showing in 2004, regardless of the popularity level.  Regardless, I'd more specifically point to the 2006 elections and the 2008 primaries as evidence of supporting the Bush administration for far too long.  If McCain loses, it may end up looking that way in hindsight, too (he has properly thrown Bush under the bus a bit since the convention, though not as much as I would prefer).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies