Predict the Obama Presidency (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:22:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Predict the Obama Presidency (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predict the Obama Presidency  (Read 6615 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: October 11, 2008, 11:02:14 PM »

I envision Jimmy Carter's second term. Well, I really don't expect anyone to have a good term, whether it be McCain or Obama. I think this country will be extremely polarized when he gets into office, and if he tries to push his liberal agenda forward, we could see a backlash in 2010 with a GOP resurgence in congress. I just see him as being an ineffective leader, which he has proven with his track record. I doubt he's going to have people do all the work for him so he can take credit like he's had done for him throughout his senate and Chicago days.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 11:29:22 AM »

Well, it looks like his followers cannot conceive a scenario in which he will be unsuccessful. Even I will admit I don't see McCain doing that well in his first term given the current state of things. But no, he'll pass universal healthcare, end the Iraq war peacefully, initiate his tax plan and raise capital gains, while seeing the DOW soar back over 14,000 because investors feel like paying capital gains taxes is patriotic.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 01:15:21 PM »

In early 2009, he will pass a second stimulus package that is heavy on public works projects and includes another round of rebate checks and a significant middle class tax cut.  He will also pass some laws that drastically reform the banking and financial industry, with much more oversight on these companies by the federal government.  In early 2010, he will pass his healthcare program that helps cover most uninsured Americans who cannot afford healthcare and want it.  The ecomomy begins to recover in March 2010 due to this keynesian style of economics.  In early October 2010, he helps negotiate a nuclear weopons halt that includes the US and many middle eastern countries. 

Scary how optimistic his supporters are. What will they do if/when he isn't successful at all these things he's promised? Will they blame Bush or throw Obama under the bus?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 11:35:26 AM »

Hillary Clinton might challenge Obama for the 2012 nomination in that scenario, Ford. If his approval ratings were that sucky, he'd almost certainly receive at least one if not several high profile challengers.

Strongly agree.  Dems eat their own.

(To be fair, the GOP is loyal to a fault -- see Bush.)

Not really. Ford and Reagan battled it out in 1976. The Republicans had no reason to challenge Bush in 2004 anyway. He had a 52% approval rating and won reelection.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies