AL: Survey USA: McCain comfortably ahead of Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:39:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  AL: Survey USA: McCain comfortably ahead of Obama
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AL: Survey USA: McCain comfortably ahead of Obama  (Read 2112 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 11, 2008, 12:33:57 AM »

New Poll: Alabama President by Survey USA on 2008-10-09

Summary: D: 35%, R: 62%, I: 2%, U: 1%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 12:36:29 AM »

Hahaha.

McCain gets almost 1/5 of African-Americans in their poll.

They are underestimating Obama's final result by about 4-5% ...

I think he'll end up with 39-40% overall, getting 95% of African-Americans and 20% of Whites.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 06:44:05 AM »

Alabama lol
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 12:26:34 PM »

Hahaha.

McCain gets almost 1/5 of African-Americans in their poll.

They are underestimating Obama's final result by about 4-5% ...

I think he'll end up with 39-40% overall, getting 95% of African-Americans and 20% of Whites.

I agree.

ALABAMA PRESIDENT -
59% (R) McCain
40% (D) Obama

ALABAMA SENATE -
62% (R) Sessions
36% (D) Figures
  1% Others
LanceMcSteel

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 06:02:09 PM »

The Conservative heart of Dixie remains faithful to its slavery and segregated roots.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 06:15:50 PM »

The Conservative heart of Dixie remains faithful to its slavery and segregated roots.

Roll Eyes
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 09:14:29 PM »

I often wonder if they placed slavery on the ballot  how many in these southren states would vote for it?

Willing to bet 40% of whites?

If you ever noticed during primary season a black democract will beat out other white democracts and win ( Obama/ Hillary) in these states.

In the general election its a different story... could it be that the democrats in those states are the AA vote  and the republicans are the white vote?

It always workout to 35% for the dem and 50% for the republican.  That 35% is the black vote is my guess.
LanceMcSteel

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 09:28:13 PM »

Well friend they did have a referendum on the ballot in 2000 in Alabama to remove non enforceable wording from their constitution that banned interracial marriage. 42% of Alabama voters voted against it.

lol
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 09:36:33 PM »

I often wonder if they placed slavery on the ballot  how many in these southren states would vote for it?

If you ever noticed during primary season a black democract will beat out other white democracts and win ( Obama/ Hillary) in these states.

In the general election its a different story... could it be that the democrats in those states are the AA vote  and the republicans are the white vote?

It always workout to 35% for the dem and 50% for the republican.  That 35% is the black vote is my guess.

You just figured that out, Mr Politics? Why do you hate the south so much since you live in my home state? Where in South Carolina are you from?
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 11:59:05 AM »

The Republicans should be absolutely embarassed that states like Alabama and Oklahoma are their strongholds
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 12:04:31 PM »

The Republicans should be absolutely embarassed that states like Alabama and Oklahoma are their strongholds

Just as much as Democrats should be embarrassed that literally crumbling inner cities that have been ruled by their party for decades are their strongholds.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 12:09:33 PM »

Just as much as Democrats should be embarrassed that literally crumbling inner cities that have been ruled by their party for decades are their strongholds.

Amen to that!  Look at the top 20  most crime ridden cities and the top 20 poorest cities in America and find me just ONE that has a Republican mayor!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 12:10:05 PM »

No they shouldn't.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 12:27:42 PM »

Republican 45% (42%): McCain 90% (92%); Obama 9% (7%)

Democrat 30% (35%): McCain 21% (20%); Obama 77% (78%)

Independent 22% (17%): McCain 61% (75%); Obama 29% (22%)

Conservative 45% (45%): McCain 85% (88%); Obama 12% (11%)

Moderate 30% (27%): McCain 50% (57%); Obama 49% (40%)

Liberal 9% (9%): McCain 20% (18%); Obama 76% (79%)

Top issue - the economy 61% (52%): McCain 59% (62%); Obama 38% (36%)

(denotes SUSA, Sep. 16-17, 2008)
tokar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.87, S: -6.87

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 12:45:53 PM »

Republicans are mostly to blame for their plight and these people know it...thus the reason why they are DEM strongholds.

S-CHIP expansion - would have helped more low income families with children...nixed by Bush.
Lack of socialized medicine - socialized medicine would have immensely helped low income families...shot down by republicans.
Iraq War - gas prices have shot through the roof, causing everything to go up in price, including food...thanks Bush.
All the crap with the stock market - certainly doesnt help low income families...thanks Bush policies.

etc. etc.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 12:48:34 PM »

Republicans are mostly to blame for their plight and these people know it...thus the reason why they are DEM strongholds.

S-CHIP expansion - would have helped more low income families with children...nixed by Bush.
Lack of socialized medicine - socialized medicine would have immensely helped low income families...shot down by republicans.
Iraq War - gas prices have shot through the roof, causing everything to go up in price, including food...thanks Bush.
All the crap with the stock market - certainly doesnt help low income families...thanks Bush policies.

etc. etc.

Uh, huh. And when these cities are basically the same under a possible Obama Administration? Then what?

Many of them were just as bad under Democratic Presidents. Nice try, though!
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 12:55:09 PM »

Inner Cities>backward rural areas
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 12:58:27 PM »

backward rural areas>Obama's South Side of Chicago
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 12:59:48 PM »

I love cities and I especially love my city (with all of its problems) but to deny that there are real problems and that the Democrats are mostly to blame is total hackery.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 01:07:29 PM »

I love cities and I especially love my city (with all of its problems) but to deny that there are real problems and that the Democrats are mostly to blame is total hackery.
Now that's hackery right there if I've ever seen it.

The plight of inner cities is a bipartisan f**k up, beginning after WWII with the policies of the Eisenhower administration that promoted mass movement out to the suburbs... in response, poor blacks from the south saw a chance to get some cheap real estate in the cities up north where they believed there were better chances for them, so they moved up.

But with the whites, went the tax revenues and cities began to crumble.

This prompted more white flight and racial tensions began to rise...

This is where the Democrats came in and caused problems.  They thought "well, if we just tear all the abandoned buildings down, that'll help"... urban renewal destroyed the heart of many of our cities... not to mention the civil rights movement happening on top of all of this and race riots.

Some cities began to reform in the 1970s and into the '80s... like New York.. or even Minneapolis.  While other cities continued to bleed population during the '80s, Minneapolis lost 2000 people.

In fact, during this time, condos became popular downtown again.

Now since, it has been liberals who have suggested things that actually work:  Keeping kids in school and off the streets after school, promoted mixed income neighborhoods and developments, and upping the police presence on the streets...

Sure, it hasn't all been fixed... but cities that have followed many of these policies, like Minneapolis, have been improved greatly since bottoming out in the late '70s.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »

The plight of inner cities is a bipartisan f**k up, beginning after WWII with the policies of the Eisenhower administration that promoted mass movement out to the suburbs... in response, poor blacks from the south saw a chance to get some cheap real estate in the cities up north where they believed there were better chances for them, so they moved up.

This is where the Democrats came in and caused problems.  They thought "well, if we just tear all the abandoned buildings down, that'll help"... urban renewal destroyed the heart of many of our cities... not to mention the civil rights movement happening on top of all of this and race riots.

Some cities began to reform in the 1970s and into the '80s... like New York.. or even Minneapolis.  While other cities continued to bleed population during the '80s, Minneapolis lost 2000 people.

Now since, it has been liberals who have suggested things that actually work:  Keeping kids in school and off the streets after school, promoted mixed income neighborhoods and developments, and upping the police presence on the streets...

Sure, it hasn't all been fixed... but cities that have followed many of these policies, like Minneapolis, have been improved greatly since bottoming out in the late '70s.

Right and it's not hackish to pledge your allegiance to a party that promises to fix all of your problems and when they don't, they effectively get you to shift blame to the evil Republicans.  Roll Eyes
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 01:17:30 PM »

Right and it's not hackish to pledge your allegiance to a party that promises to fix all of your problems and when they don't, they effectively get you to shift blame to the evil Republicans.  Roll Eyes

If I may play one of your cards, Phil:

*I* never said I blame the Republicans for the problems of inner city America... but rather, I think all sides are at fault.  One for not caring, and the other for doing the wrong things.
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 08:48:39 PM »

I often wonder if they placed slavery on the ballot  how many in these southern states would vote for it?

If you ever noticed during primary season a black Democrat will beat out other white democrats and win ( Obama/ Hillary) in these states.

You just figured that out, Mr Politics? Why do you hate the south so much since you live in my home state? Where in South Carolina are you from?

Iam actually from Florida in terms of birth.  I like here in upstate SC a nice place in terms of  better living.

Its not that I hate the south, its more of I hate the southern attitudes on race.  I hate that people in the south let politicans take advantage of  racial attitudes when theres  no need for it.

If people in the south punished ANY politician who attempts to use race, they wouldn't do it anymore.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies