NH: SurveyUSA: Obama 53, McCain 40 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:20:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NH: SurveyUSA: Obama 53, McCain 40 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH: SurveyUSA: Obama 53, McCain 40  (Read 1663 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 06, 2008, 12:18:45 PM »

Third consecutive poll to show Obama up by double digits

remember the primary. That's all I'm gonna say.

......however, there were several dynamics at work in the primary that aren't at work here: for one thing Hillary's win came largely from the margin she racked up among early voters, who voted during the "Hillary is inevitable" phase. This time around, early voting, if anything, will likely benefit Obama. Also, if John McCain cries a week before the election, he'll be laughed out of the race. However, if Sarah Palin cries a week before the election...see where I'm going with this? Wink
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 04:52:01 PM »

my other concern about New Hampshire is the Bradley Effect. It seems like there was a Bradley Effect here in the Primary, albeit a small one. Hillary supporters claimed they were undecided, which was why it appeared so many undecideds broke her way. If there's anywhere in the country I expect to see a Bradley Effect, it's in the lily white states of New England, where black candidates are still a novelty and where outward displays of racism are most socially unacceptable, and where paradoxically Obama is most susceptible to "othering".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies