Palin didn't know that McCain pulled out of Michigan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 09:56:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Palin didn't know that McCain pulled out of Michigan
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Palin didn't know that McCain pulled out of Michigan  (Read 810 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2008, 09:09:22 PM »

Decision On Michigan Questioned By Palin

October 4, 2008

Sarah Palin questioned Republican presidential candidate John McCain's decision to abandon efforts to win Michigan, a campaign move she said she learned about Friday morning when she read it in the newspapers.

In an interview with Fox News Channel Friday, the Alaska governor said she was disappointed that the McCain campaign decided to stop competing in Michigan. In an indication that the vice presidential candidate had not been part of the decision, she said she had "read that this morning, and I fired off a quick e-mail" questioning the move.

"Todd and I, we'd be happy to get to Michigan and walk through those plants of the car manufacturers," Palin said. "We'd be so happy to get to speak to the people in Michigan who are hurting because the economy is hurting."

Palin acknowledged the GOP ticket's lackluster poll ratings in the state, but said: "I want to get back to Michigan, and I want to try."

Word of the McCain campaign's decision to move staff out of Michigan and stop advertising in the state was reported Thursday — the same day as Palin's vice presidential debate against Democrat Joe Biden. The campaign had decided Wednesday night that the $1 million a week it was spending in Michigan wasn't worth it, with internal polls showing Democratic nominee Barack Obama approaching a double-digit lead.

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-caucus1004.artoct04,0,3828873.story
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 09:12:36 PM »

Sarah Palin questioned Republican presidential candidate John McCain's decision to abandon efforts to win Michigan, a campaign move she said she learned about Friday morning when she read it in the newspapers.

Interesting that McCain has so little trust in Palin that he wouldn't even share campaign strategy with her.  Tongue

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 09:27:58 PM »

Interesting that McCain has so little trust in Palin that he wouldn't even share campaign strategy with her.  Tongue

But at the same time unsurprising.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 09:30:45 PM »

Did she ever figure out which newspaper it is that she reads?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 09:36:20 PM »

That attack would actually work if she didn't already explain it to Carl Cameron.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 10:28:39 PM »

That attack would actually work if she didn't already explain it to Carl Cameron.

Allow myself to explain why I didn't, in an interview, know the papers, of which I had before me, to find information. It's all about job creation, doncha know?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 04:22:41 AM »
« Edited: October 05, 2008, 04:25:19 AM by Politico »

Allow myself to explain why I didn't, in an interview, know the papers, of which I had before me, to find information. It's all about job creation, doncha know?

You betcha! *WINK*

Got a heck of a used car to sell ya - We call's it the Maverick Mobile, eh!
wildfood
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 06:22:17 AM »

McCain has run a very shoddy campaign.

His handlers let him get on TV and run his mouth without a script.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies