Post debate: How would you rate the election at this point?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:09:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Post debate: How would you rate the election at this point?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: ^
Safe Obama

Likely Obama

Lean Obama

Tossup tilt Obama

Tossup tilt McCain

Lean McCain (lol)

Likely McCain (lololol)

Safe McCain (uberlol)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Post debate: How would you rate the election at this point?  (Read 5531 times)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2008, 11:26:31 PM »

I would rate it as "Likely Obama"
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 11:28:23 PM »

Tossup, lean Obama.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 11:28:28 PM »

This optimistic partisan hack rates it "lean Obama."  Keep hope alive!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 11:31:13 PM »

The debate changed nothing, it is still likely Obama (although 2 weeks ago it was lean McCain).
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 11:32:22 PM »

Lean Obama. I think the general public probably liked Mccain's foreign policy more than some of us suspect. How the hell talking to Ahmadinejad legitimizes his stupid rants, I just do not get. We have to deal with reality that the Iranian regime is insane but that does not mean we do not engage them. Whatever....emotion trumps logic.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 11:33:25 PM »

Strong Lean Obama (whatever that means).  It's not Likely, quite yet.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 11:34:40 PM »

Lean Obama/Likely Obama
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 11:34:50 PM »

^^^
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 11:35:11 PM »

Lean Obama, but I really won't know for sure till Monday when all this sinks in. McCain might have done better than we think.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 11:35:36 PM »

90% chance of obama winning
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 11:36:03 PM »

^^^

Same but medium-strong lean Obama, I'm not quite at strong lean, not yet.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 11:37:35 PM »

What hope?  I don't see any hope.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 11:39:01 PM »

And really Ronnie, your pessimism is really annoying me. If you're that sure your side has lost, change your signature. Playing into the left's hands on this forum by constantly exclaiming we're hopeless doesn't help our cause. Your sig and now this poll by mocking anyone who thinks McCain has a chance is over the top. You aren't Lief or anyone like that, but it seems like he made Two weeks ago it was McCain's race to lose, and now it's shifted. 2 weeks from now, who knows where we'll be. This is still a fluid race. It ain't over till its over.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 11:39:36 PM »

Lean Obama right now because it is simply too early for anything to be likely or safe.  If there's no radical shift in the next two weeks, I'll upgrade it to Likely or maybe Safe depending on the state polling.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 11:39:59 PM »

And really Ronnie, your pessimism is really annoying me. If you're that sure your side has lost, change your signature. Playing into the left's hands on this forum by constantly exclaiming we're hopeless doesn't help our cause. Your sig and now this poll by mocking anyone who thinks McCain has a chance is over the top. You aren't Lief or anyone like that, but it seems like he made Two weeks ago it was McCain's race to lose, and now it's shifted. 2 weeks from now, who knows where we'll be. This is still a fluid race. It ain't over till its over.

Historians will clearly blame McCain's loss on Ronnie's Internet forum signature.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 11:40:35 PM »

What hope?  I don't see any hope.

Trust me your candidate still has a very good chance of winning this thing. It seems like people enjoyed the emotion MCcain showed in the debates. I think we are underestemating his performance. He will have to get better on the economy though. He has to be able to defend his tax cuts and broaden his policy beyond just cutting pork.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 11:42:09 PM »

Political predictions are different than one's preferences. Who knew? I don't think the color of one's avatar constrains one to be a cheer leader, or tilt for the good of the team. If you have to pull your punches, you might as well cut them off.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 11:43:02 PM »

JSoj predicted that the race was over for Obama many weeks ago, but it'd be ridiculous for Democrats to tell him to change who he roots for.

Nothing's wrong with pessimism, it's actually a bit refreshing after reading that entire debate reaction thread.  God forbid we attempt objectively analyze anything on this forum.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 11:45:06 PM »

I am going to go out on a limb and say likely Obama

I think before the conventions the undecideds were were split failry evenly between the parties and indies. After the conventions I think McCain scooped up a lot more GOPers than Obama didi with the dems. I think this debate will finish the deal with the dems and Obama will move up mostly based on finally solidifying the party, including those 'Reagan dems' and the 'hillary voters'

Obama can easily win by splitting indies or even losing indies and bringing in the dems to the same levels as Kerry and Gore. I think this debate combined with the economy will do that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 11:45:47 PM »

JSoj predicted that the race was over for Obama many weeks ago, but it'd be ridiculous for Democrats to tell him to change who he roots for.

Nothing's wrong with pessimism, it's actually a bit refreshing after reading that entire debate reaction thread.  God forbid we attempt objectively analyze anything on this forum.

I know JS has been pretty pessimistic, but I'm getting wary of every post from Ronnie somehow bringing up how hopeless things are, plus he has it in his signature and polls.

I like Ronnie and I enjoy his posts and talking with him on this forum and I consider him an ally. I just wish he wasn't so overtly doom and gloom to the point where it becomes too much.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 11:46:34 PM »

^^^

Same but medium-strong lean Obama, I'm not quite at strong lean, not yet.

Ugh.  Whatever 2-1 odds mean.

Anyway, my ranking is subject to revision vis-a-vis post debate polls, which won't come until Monday at the earliest/Tuesday for the tracking.  I have a couple of things that I'm looking for that others have failed to point out yet.  I also tend to be leery of quick "snap" polls, but that's just me.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 11:48:13 PM »

I think the key will be the bailout plan.

Obama didn't die tonight, and neither did McCain.  Both gave hideous answers on the economy; if McCain would lay it out better, he might.

McCain looked animated, vigorous, not old.  Neither looked presidential.  Obama didn't look like a deer caught in the headlights, but he said "You're right, John" too many times.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 11:48:50 PM »

Sam: Haha.  I'm just joshin' with my verbage, but that I do feel the race is just a hair over "Lean Obama" - so I wasn't really making fun of your post.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 11:56:38 PM »

Lean Obama, but certainly closer to Likely than Tossup.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 11:59:41 PM »

Lean Obama, but certainly closer to Likely than Tossup.
I agree with this answer. Lean Obama moving (rapidly) in the direction of Likely Obama.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies