Marriage Equity Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:41:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Marriage Equity Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marriage Equity Act  (Read 7249 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: September 13, 2004, 05:51:42 PM »

I support this bill.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 09:01:32 AM »

Perhaps this would be better:

It shall be the stated policy of the forum that the definition of marriage shall not be construed to deny a person the right to enter into a marriage contract with a person of the same gender nor enjoy any of the benefits thereof.
So I presume you're withdrawing the old version and introducing this one in its stead?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 09:32:32 AM »

So do you want to start a new week of debate, or just go by the date you first proposed the bill?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 11:16:48 AM »

I'd be comfortable to have a vote based on the date I put the version out for review.

In that case, we'll commence voting on the Marriage Equity Act, which reads:

It shall be the stated policy of the forum that the definition of marriage shall not be construed to deny a person the right to enter into a marriage contract with a person of the same gender nor enjoy any of the benefits thereof.

All in favor, vote aye.  All opposed--vote nay
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 12:09:04 PM »

I'd be comfortable to have a vote based on the date I put the version out for review.

In that case, we'll commence voting on the Marriage Equity Act, which reads:

All in favor, vote aye.  All opposed--vote nay

This was not the bill that was introduced for a vote in the senate.  And as the original bill has not ever been amended by a vote of the senate, the bill above has no business being voted on by the senate.

I ask senator Harry to immediately remove this bill from consideration until the senate sees fit to amend migrendel's original bill to more closely reflect this bill.  Of course, this bill could be introduced as a seperate bill from migrendel's original bill, but that would have to be in another thread.

I followed a precedent we've set several times, that if the author of the bill wants to amend it himself, he is free to do so.  You've not spoken up to complain in the past.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 07:42:35 PM »

Yea
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies