Goodbye Bank of Scotland

(1/4) > >>

afleitch:
1695-2008

The oldest bank in the UK, will it is likely dissapear after the shock buy-out by Lloyds. This is a huge blow for our national economy and our national pride. It was a greedy bastard but it had tradition, it employed thousands and it was the pinnacle of the Edinburgh financial sector. It merged with the Halifax in 2001 and kept the two brands seperate.

I hope, I really do hope Lloyds do the same. But it probably won't

There are fears that the other Scottish giant, the Royal Bank of Scotland may be in a similar position.

The Bank of Scotland is my bank. My pennies are safe but I feel strangely upset at it's demise

Filuwaúrdjan:
Yes, it's strange how people get attached to that sort of thing. Always used to get Bank of Scotland and Royal Bank of Scotland confused.

afleitch:
Quote from: Al Sibboleth on September 17, 2008, 06:33:52 PM

Yes, it's strange how people get attached to that sort of thing. Always used to get Bank of Scotland and Royal Bank of Scotland confused.

They are known here simply as 'The Bank' and 'The Royal'

If the job and branch losses in Scotland are unfairly disproportionate then I'll probably switch.

Dan the Roman:
With all due respect screw Gordon Brown. I hope carrion feast upon his entrails. I had 50K in Lloyds stock and he is trying to wipe me out with this awful deal.

Filuwaúrdjan:
So rare (and so amusing) to see the omgmySHARES!!!!!!!!!!111 argument stated openly ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page