Bradley Effect
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:55:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bradley Effect
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: If there is a wide scale Bradley Effect on November 4th, will you lose large amounts of faith in humanity?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Bradley Effect  (Read 4859 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2008, 03:16:02 PM »

lol, no bradley effect anywhere in the US..

except perhaps a very slight one in Iowa, and of course, in Arkansas..but that was more of a PUMA effect.

and lol.. Europe will probably elect a true minority leader in one of their countries when we are very very very very old. Only the UK has a chance of doing it within the next 3 decades..

germany electing a turk chancellor.. lolz.. wont happen!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2008, 03:18:27 PM »

I think phil has a point here. Europe is much more xenophobic than America. There is a complicated racial problem here for sure but we are much more accepting of immigrants of every stripe. If we were to exclude the deep south, I would say America is much less racist and xenophobic than Europe.

^^^^^

This is correct. America is far less racist then Europe, with the exception of the deep south. In the deep south racism is well and alive, on both sides.

The US is far better then Europe in most aspects. Really the only Euro countries I would live in is Germany and the United Kingdom.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: 9.48

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2008, 03:22:53 PM »

I think phil has a point here. Europe is much more xenophobic than America. There is a complicated racial problem here for sure but we are much more accepting of immigrants of every stripe. If we were to exclude the deep south, I would say America is much less racist and xenophobic than Europe.

^^^^^

This is correct. America is far less racist then Europe, with the exception of the deep south. In the deep south racism is well and alive, on both sides.

The US is far better then Europe in most aspects. Really the only Euro countries I would live in is Germany and the United Kingdom.

Does that mean we are more Liberal than Europe?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2008, 03:23:51 PM »

^^^^^

In some ways yes, in some ways No.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: 9.48

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2008, 03:27:34 PM »

^^^^^

In some ways yes, in some ways No.

I was just wondering, since I hear most Americans are Center - Right. (As I consider myself to a certain extent.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2008, 03:27:48 PM »

Well the Greens will have a Turkish chairperson in a couple of days... Smiley
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2008, 03:37:01 PM »

Well, good for them.

Hopefully the CDU controls germany forever.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2008, 04:24:28 PM »

There was no Bradley Effect in Iowa. The polling average gave Obama 54%. He got...54%. He never had outside the MoE in any recent polls. There was no mass lying to any pollster saying they would vote for Obama who then went to vote for McCain.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2008, 05:16:06 PM »

Thought the ethnics were overrepresented in the PDS?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2008, 08:24:25 PM »

There was no Bradley Effect in Iowa. The polling average gave Obama 54%. He got...54%. He never had outside the MoE in any recent polls. There was no mass lying to any pollster saying they would vote for Obama who then went to vote for McCain.

Technically people saying they're undecided but really not could be counted as a B.E.

However, it's asinine to assume this isn't just due to poor weighting or leaners dissatisfied with McCain (he wasn't popular in the caucus if you remember).  Especially when it doesn't show up in other states with similar demographics!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2008, 09:08:35 PM »

Technically people saying they're undecided but really not could be counted as a B.E.

However, it's asinine to assume this isn't just due to poor weighting or leaners dissatisfied with McCain (he wasn't popular in the caucus if you remember).  Especially when it doesn't show up in other states with similar demographics!

Exactly. There's a million reasons why polls could be off or undecideds can break heavily, etc. But try telling that to J. J., who basically argues any discrepancy in McCain's favor MUST be the Almighty Bradley Effect.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2008, 05:24:27 AM »

The West German PDS, that is, but yes. In the Greens too though.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2008, 11:26:08 AM »

The West German PDS, that is, but yes. In the Greens too though.

Hmm. Didn't know that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies