Mideast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:00:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 ... 137
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 249829 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: April 28, 2010, 05:46:59 PM »

Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1926 on: April 29, 2010, 06:24:47 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's not completely unrealated, as a decrease of tobaccoo and maruijuana sells would encourage farmers to turn their cannabis and tobaccoo fields into algae fields instead. And that was my reasoning behind it when proposing it.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1927 on: April 29, 2010, 12:34:12 PM »

It's not completely unrealated, as a decrease of tobaccoo and maruijuana sells would encourage farmers to turn their cannabis and tobaccoo fields into algae fields instead. And that was my reasoning behind it when proposing it.

OK, that's fair.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1928 on: April 29, 2010, 04:14:38 PM »

OK, that's fair.

How about 2% increase in tobacco and  6% tax on marijuana instead of a one cent gas tax. Then we'll even have additional resources for testing on algae
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1929 on: April 29, 2010, 05:35:18 PM »

OK, that's fair.

How about 2% increase in tobacco and  6% tax on marijuana instead of a one cent gas tax. Then we'll even have additional resources for testing on algae

I'm fine with that.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1930 on: April 29, 2010, 06:56:28 PM »

Here's the final amendment I'm putting on the bill

Amendment on ALGAE PROMOTION AS ALTERNATIVE ENERGY
BE IT RESOLVED: That the contents of ALGAE PROMOTION AS ALTERNATIVE ENERGY will be repealed from the bill and replaced with the following
WHEREAS: The price of a gallon of algae is at $33, $5,000 (edit from original bill) a year is needed to maintain and algae farm and the cost of one acre of algae farm is $32,000 and those costs will go down with breakthroughs in innovation and technology to better use algae energy
BE IT RESOLVED: The Mideast will give 5% business tax credit to any company or organization researching algae efficiency and a 15%-20% business tax credit to any company or organization that finds a break through algae energy, determined by a task force headed by the Governor.  This tax credit will be paid for with a 2% increase in all tobacco products, and a 6% tax on marijuana.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1931 on: May 01, 2010, 11:47:29 AM »

Voting is now open on the following bill.  This will be a 48 hour vote:

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1932 on: May 01, 2010, 12:26:46 PM »

AYE
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1933 on: May 01, 2010, 12:27:05 PM »

AYE.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1934 on: May 01, 2010, 01:43:39 PM »

AYE
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1935 on: May 01, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »

Can I present another bill even though we are not done voting on this current amendment?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1936 on: May 01, 2010, 06:27:28 PM »

Can I present another bill even though we are not done voting on this current amendment?

I believe my infrastructure bill is next on the docket.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1937 on: May 01, 2010, 06:30:20 PM »

yeah, I was just wondering if I can introduce it now. Infrastructure should be addressed first anyways.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1938 on: May 01, 2010, 08:55:11 PM »

Of course, go ahead Smiley  I just wanted to make sure my bill didn't get lost.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1939 on: May 01, 2010, 09:13:59 PM »

Ideas welcome for editing the bill

GI JANE
Growth. In. Jobs. And. New. Economy.
WHEREAS: Unemployment is at 12.1% in the Mideast with over 7 million citizen unemployed and
WHEREAS: Most citizens are employed in small businesses and consumer confidence is down
BE IT RESOLVED:
SECTION 1:
1.   Any business that creates 1 new job in the current fiscal year will be given a $5,000 corporate tax credit.
2.   There shall be no waiting period for a business or company to start after government forms are approved.
3.   Drop the corporate tax rate to 10%, the lowest internationally. The loss of corporate tax revenue gained by the Mideast will be made up with the creation of new jobs and decrease of unemployment benefits.
4.   Cut capital gains tax by 20% for incomes over $500,000 and 40% for incomes under $500,000.
5.   Welfare program requires 40 hours a week of, or a combination of education to receive a GED, job training, work or community service for those that are deemed “fit to work” by the Mideast Government. Every welfare recipient deemed “able to work” must find work within two years of being enrolled in a Mideast welfare program or four years if the recipient is attending education at any level.
6.   Cut income tax to 6% for those making less than $12,000 a year. Cut the income tax to 11% for those making between $12,000-$35,000 a year. Cut the income tax to 17% for those making between $35,000-$80,000. Cut the income tax to 22% for those making between $80,000-$150,000.
SECTION 2:
7.   Departments and committees of government in the Mideast will eliminate overlapping responsibilities, tasks and programs to save tax-payer funding and to guarantee no business has to file or complete the same form or paperwork more than once. Each department and committee will send one representative to a weekly meeting in which they will decide who will have what specific responsibility that they alone will posses. The “Government Employment Committee” headed by an appointee by the Governor, confirmed by the Assembly will lead these meetings.
8.   A one year hiring freeze will take effect. The Mideast cannot total more workers in the government then that of the passage of this bill. If an employee is fired, a different position is allowed to be created instead of replacing that former employee.
9.   Eliminate all subsides to farms that do not grow crops.
10.   The Mideast government must buy products and materials to complete projects that are the cheapest on the market when the material is non-essential to safety and not needed for efficiency (examples: toilet, paper clips, hammers)
11.   Projects of the Mideast government carried out by private companies must be chosen based on the cheapest, most efficient budget requested.
12.   Halt Mideast government purchase of land for one year.
13.   Eliminate corporate subsidies for corporations that cannot provide a business plan or execute a plan that will bring in a profit within 2 years or a profit enough to pay off the subsidies in 5 years giving the corporation the option time for research, development, innovation and improvement or let a different, profitable, efficient company replace the failing corporation.
14.   All Mideast funds to sanctuary cities, that knowingly hold and protect illegal peoples, shall be kept by the Mideast government or returned to the people of the Mideast.
15.   Eliminate any Mideast government job deemed unnecessary by “Government Employment Committee”.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1940 on: May 01, 2010, 11:53:41 PM »

Is there any crossover between the 2 bills that people like?  Do people want to go with mine or Ben's, or a hybrid?  I'll open debate on both bills at the same time - basically anything covered under infrastructure, feel free to discuss it now...
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1941 on: May 02, 2010, 09:51:13 AM »

Is there any crossover between the 2 bills that people like?  Do people want to go with mine or Ben's, or a hybrid?  I'll open debate on both bills at the same time - basically anything covered under infrastructure, feel free to discuss it now...

I would be perfectly fine with combining the two bills, especially since yours puts funding into place immediately, while mine would delay things for a report to come out.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1942 on: May 02, 2010, 12:28:56 PM »

I would be perfectly fine with combining the two bills, especially since yours puts funding into place immediately, while mine would delay things for a report to come out.
^ although I wouldn't want overlapping funds from immedate and delayed funding
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1943 on: May 02, 2010, 12:52:22 PM »

In addition, given the latest unemployment numbers posted by the GM, I think it is imperative that we get people to work on these reconstruction projects as soon as possible.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1944 on: May 03, 2010, 02:13:07 AM »

Voting is now open on the following bill.  This will be a 48 hour vote:

AYE, if it's not too late
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1945 on: May 03, 2010, 12:12:19 PM »

Personally all of these tax cuts are bothering me quite a lot considering now we are in a deficit unless I'm wrong.  Our region will be bankrupt within a few months if such tax cuts and incentives continue to pass.  If I am wrong please correct me.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1946 on: May 03, 2010, 04:25:56 PM »

Personally all of these tax cuts are bothering me quite a lot considering now we are in a deficit unless I'm wrong.  Our region will be bankrupt within a few months if such tax cuts and incentives continue to pass.  If I am wrong please correct me.

very few companies will look into algae R&D and if they find some way to make if much less expensive to grow, the region will gain huge profits in reliable replacement for oil.

Also there was proposed tax increase and creation to pay for the incentives that will be given to an extremely small number of farms and businesses
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1947 on: May 03, 2010, 05:50:51 PM »

A RESOLUTION CONCERNING INVASIVE SPECIES-NEED FOR A ERADICATION OF KUDZU

WHEREAS: For the purpose of ridding the Mideast Regin of the invasive species Pueraria
Montana
, common name Kudzu, which is growing more common in the Southeast United States; and,

WHEREAS: Kudzu has been proven to damage crops, with average estimates reaching $500 million dollars annually as well as effects local plants and infrastructure in a given area where it grows out of control.

BE IT RESOLVED: The Mideast Region shall encourage the removal and control of Kudzu within the Mideast Region through various methods including but not limited to crown removal, grazing, controlled firing, and fungal herbicide.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1948 on: May 03, 2010, 10:43:32 PM »

On the final vote for ALGAE PROMOTION AS ALTERNATIVE ENERGY:

The AYEs are 4, and the NAYs are 0.  The AYEs have it.  The bill is transmitted to the Governor for his veto or signature.

Now onto the infrastructure bill... How do we like this as a hybrid of the bill:

HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1949 on: May 03, 2010, 10:52:28 PM »

AYE
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 ... 137  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length