Mideast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:37:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 137
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 252542 times)
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: June 11, 2009, 06:22:46 PM »

I hereby resign from my position as Mideast Assemblymember. I bid you adeiu.

I think you have to do it in this thread : https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=36934.0
JerryBrown2010
KyleGordon2016
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.68, S: -9.30

« Reply #901 on: June 11, 2009, 07:04:09 PM »

Who will be replacing him, or will the next election decide that?
Fine...I Made This More Civil
persepolis

« Reply #902 on: June 11, 2009, 07:05:08 PM »

Who will be replacing him, or will the next election decide that?

The governor will appoint a replacement. You should probably contact Inks.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #903 on: June 12, 2009, 11:50:17 AM »

I hereby resign from my position as Mideast Assemblymember. I bid you adeiu.
Regardless of any technical formality, as Speaker, I accept your resignation and direct the Governor to fill the vacancy.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #904 on: June 12, 2009, 02:37:51 PM »

tmthforu94 has been appointed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #905 on: June 12, 2009, 05:58:13 PM »

I would like to present the following bill to the Assembly:

The Animal Protection Act
1. The Mideast recognizes animal torture as knowingly torturing, tormenting, needlessly mutilating or maiming, cruelly beating, poisoning, needlessly killing, or committing an act of cruelty against a companion animal.
2. To require a child under the age of 18 to undergo psychological evaluation to determine if the child needs individual or family counseling.
3. To require the parent, guardian, or other person taking care of the child to pay the costs of the evaluation, counseling, or both.
4. If a person over the age of 18 commits animal cruelty more than twice, that person would be required to spend a minimum of 30 days in prison and a maximum of 5 years.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #906 on: June 12, 2009, 10:58:53 PM »

1. The Mideast recognizes animal torture as knowingly torturing, tormenting, needlessly mutilating or maiming, cruelly beating, poisoning, needlessly killing, or committing an act of cruelty against a companion animal.
2. To require a child under the age of 18 to undergo psychological evaluation to determine if the child needs individual or family counseling.
3. To require the parent, guardian, or other person taking care of the child to pay the costs of the evaluation, counseling, or both.
4. If a person over the age of 18 commits animal cruelty more than twice, that person would be required to spend a minimum of 30 days in prison and a maximum of 5 years.

I love you....not in a gay way of course :-D
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #907 on: June 13, 2009, 06:01:55 AM »

The bill is brought to the floor. My first reading of the bill would seem to mean that clause 2 requires that all children under the age of 18 (surely a tautology?) undergo a psych evaluation. I ='d like some clarification of who exactly is meant to be affected by this bill.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #908 on: June 13, 2009, 08:36:59 AM »

The bill is brought to the floor. My first reading of the bill would seem to mean that clause 2 requires that all children under the age of 18 (surely a tautology?) undergo a psych evaluation. I ='d like some clarification of who exactly is meant to be affected by this bill.
I'm sorry. Anyone under the age of 18 must undergo a psychological evaluation.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #909 on: June 13, 2009, 08:44:19 AM »

I think he means what does that have to do with the protection of animals?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #910 on: June 13, 2009, 08:46:43 AM »

I think he means what does that have to do with the protection of animals?
Ahh...
The main purpose of this bill is to protect animals by creating punishments if you abuse animals. Minors who are beating animals obviously have anger problems, and need professional help. Hopefully, prison time would also keep adults from being cruel to animals.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #911 on: June 13, 2009, 11:26:08 AM »

As far as I can tell, you are actually proposing that every single person under 18 undergo a psych evaluation at some point. The Mideast probably has somewhere on the order of 10 million children within its boundaries. You seem content to delegate the cost of this on to hard working families by requiring that all families pay for the evaluation of their children. Sorry, but thats unacceptable to me, especially as we will find that the vast majority of children are not animal torturers.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #912 on: June 13, 2009, 11:28:43 AM »

As far as I can tell, you are actually proposing that every single person under 18 undergo a psych evaluation at some point. The Mideast probably has somewhere on the order of 10 million children within its boundaries. You seem content to delegate the cost of this on to hard working families by requiring that all families pay for the evaluation of their children. Sorry, but thats unacceptable to me, especially as we will find that the vast majority of children are not animal torturers.

Oh
I'm sorry, I made a mistake on the bill. :/
That was meant to say...
2. To require a child under the age of 18 who has committed animal cruelty to undergo psychological evaluation to determine if the child needs individual or family counseling.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #913 on: June 13, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »

I'm going to work on this tonight or tomorrow, I want to reword some things so don't call for a vote until I am able to do so.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #914 on: June 13, 2009, 05:54:20 PM »

There needs to be something that makes it clear that hunting is excluded from this.  Hunting for sport could be considered "needlessly killing," since most people don't HAVE to hunt for food.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #915 on: June 13, 2009, 11:53:05 PM »

There needs to be something that makes it clear that hunting is excluded from this.  Hunting for sport could be considered "needlessly killing," since most people don't HAVE to hunt for food.

So could eating animals. And are certain mass animal slaughter farms abusive? This could potentially harm a lot of Mideast business as well without clarification.

Oh
I'm sorry, I made a mistake on the bill. :/
That was meant to say...
2. To require a child under the age of 18 who has committed animal cruelty to undergo psychological evaluation to determine if the child needs individual or family counseling.

The problem is you didn't clarify in the bill that those things are punishments for animal abuse.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #916 on: June 14, 2009, 01:34:38 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2009, 01:38:06 PM by ♠♣♦Dan♦♣♠ »

I would like to bring this up as an Amendment to the current bill on the table.

The Mideast Region recognizes that it is our duty to protect Animals. Thefore the following shall be enforced:

1. The Mideast recognizes animal cruelty as the following:
a. Neglect
b. Malicious killing
c. Beatings
d. Animal Fighting ie Dog fight, cock fight.

2. The Mideast doesn't recognizes the following as animal cruelty:
a. Hunting for food or sport
b. Killing Animals for food.

3. Any person under the age of 18, who is found guilty of animal abuse is require to undergo psychological evaluation to determine if the child needs individual or family counseling. If found sane said person shall serve at least 6 months in juvenile jail and/or 2,500 dollars fine.
a. Parents/Guardians of said person under 18, is liable for all cost for the evaluation/counseling/fine.

4. If a person over the age of 18 commits animal abuse, said person shall serve at least 6 months in jail and/or 5,000 dollars fine.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #917 on: June 14, 2009, 11:29:33 PM »

Grammar needs fixing up.

And you can't have a law where the punishment is "at least __________" - you need a maximum, not a minimum.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #918 on: June 14, 2009, 11:33:32 PM »

Does this mean I can't kill ants for fun anymore? And is the sentence per ant I kill or do I get 6 months no matter how many of the little buggers I squish?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #919 on: June 14, 2009, 11:44:39 PM »

Does this mean I can't kill ants for fun anymore? And is the sentence per ant I kill or do I get 6 months no matter how many of the little buggers I squish?

Perhaps a definition of the word "animal" is in order.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #920 on: June 15, 2009, 07:38:16 AM »

Perhaps a definition of the word "animal" is in order.

Indeed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #921 on: June 15, 2009, 11:31:46 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2009, 11:34:35 AM by Bayh! `10 »

I would like to bring this up as an Amendment to the current bill on the table.

The Mideast Region recognizes that it is our duty to protect Animals. Therefore, the following shall be enforced:

1. The Mideast recognizes animal cruelty as the following:
a. Neglect
b. Malicious killing
c. Beatings
d. Animal Fighting ie Dog fight, cock fight.

2. The Mideast doesn't recognizes the following as animal cruelty:
a. Hunting for food or sport
b. Killing Animals for food.
c. Killing any rodents or insects.

3. Any person under the age of 18, who is found guilty of animal abuse is required to undergo psychological evaluation to determine if the child needs individual or family counseling. If found sane said person shall serve a maximum of 2 years in juvenile jail and/or 2,500 dollars fine.
a. Parents or Guardians of said person under 18, are liable for all cost for the evaluation/counseling/fine.

4. If a person over the age of 18 commits animal abuse, said person shall serve a minimum of 30 days in jail and a maximum of 5 years in jail and/or 5,000 dollars fine.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #922 on: June 15, 2009, 06:13:04 PM »

Wait a minute - rodents includes hamsters and stuff like that.  So if somebody kills somebody's pet hamster, they'd be exempt.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #923 on: June 15, 2009, 11:14:14 PM »

In addition, putting pets down during old age would be criminalized, while abandonment is not, so we would see a lot of sick dogs wandering the streets it seems.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #924 on: June 16, 2009, 06:21:01 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So I can still kill my cats and dogs, just as long as I eat them afterwords?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 137  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies