Palin supported Pat Buchanan in 2000
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:54:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Palin supported Pat Buchanan in 2000
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Palin supported Pat Buchanan in 2000  (Read 11555 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2008, 05:48:53 PM »

Without any real evidence showing that she was actually involved in Buchanan's campaign, other than Pat's singular statement, this issue will die a simple death on this forum.

This won't die on this forum.  Even though it's thoroughly debunked, some people around her want to believe it so badly that they're willing to suspend reality to accept any smear as fact.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2008, 05:52:53 PM »

Without any real evidence showing that she was actually involved in Buchanan's campaign, other than Pat's singular statement, this issue will die a simple death on this forum.

This won't die on this forum.  Even though it's thoroughly debunked, some people around her want to believe it so badly that they're willing to suspend reality to accept any smear as fact.

It just goes to show their level of frustration with this pick. They don't have anything juicy on her and the spotlight has been stolen. Nobody is really talking about that little event Obama held in Denver.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2008, 06:21:45 PM »

I like her so much more now.  It seems like every time I go online I few something new that makes me like her more

Foreign policy?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2008, 09:53:31 PM »

It just goes to show their level of frustration with this pick. They don't have anything juicy on her and the spotlight has been stolen. Nobody is really talking about that little event Obama held in Denver.

Smiley
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2008, 10:33:36 PM »

yes and no, she'll have to explain this, but she does have a good escape:

"She wore the button as a courtesy to Mr. Buchanan and in an effort to make him feel welcome during his visit, but immediately sent a letter to the editor of her local paper clarifying that the button should not have been interpreted as an endorsement of any kind."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/08/mccain-camp-den.html

She was smart to send that letter, but was she smart enough to keep a copy of the letter?  If so, she might even spin this story in her favor.

Heck, even though I think he is a nut, even I bought a Pat Buchanan book in the 90's, and I am certainly one of Israel's biggest supporters in this forum.

And you mentioned she was Assembly of God, isn't that church a huge supporter of Israel?
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2008, 10:36:14 PM »

JSJ

sorry, haven't read this thread, can you summarize the conclusion of the majority opinion of this forum?
brownieand45sfan
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2008, 10:58:01 PM »

Why?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2008, 11:47:22 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2008, 11:52:15 PM by Ronnie »

My grandmother just told me that the Israeli news network she listens to says Palin is an anti-semite.  This is outrageous.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2008, 12:06:04 AM »

My grandmother just told me that the Israeli news network she listens to says Palin is an anti-semite.  This is outrageous.
Cool. I don't think she is, but no one knows anything about her, so getting the word out that she's an anti-semite early is always helpful, especially for our prospects in a state like Florida.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2008, 12:10:50 AM »

Cool. I don't think she is, but no one knows anything about her, so getting the word out that she's an anti-semite early is always helpful, especially for our prospects in a state like Florida.

So we're allowed to spread rumors because we don't know if they're true or not?

These are the same people that went nuts whenever called Obama a Muslim...  Roll Eyes

You guys are nothing but hypocrites. Seriously.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2008, 12:21:34 AM »

These are the same people that went nuts whenever called Obama a Muslim...  Roll Eyes

Hmm, I think he meant that he is internally glad. Not that he condoned it.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2008, 12:22:13 AM »

So it's okay to lie?  That's disgusting.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2008, 12:25:44 AM »

He never said that.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2008, 12:28:18 AM »

Hmm, I think he meant that he is internally glad. Not that he condoned it.

Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit.  Please look at this part of the comment again.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If that's not condoning it, I don't know what is.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2008, 12:32:02 AM »

good god

all these palin topics

several getting 100+ posts

insanity
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2008, 12:34:33 AM »

Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit.  Please look at this part of the comment again.

I got 690 on my verbal SATs. How'd you do Sam?

If that's not condoning it, I don't know what is.

You don't know what is. If it gets less votes for the Repub ticket than it is helpful to Obama whether or not he or anyone else condones it.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2008, 12:36:10 AM »

He never said that.

I know, but it's the same idea as spreading rumors that you don't know are true.

I pray (figuratively) that this will be put to rest.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2008, 12:37:51 AM »

I'm wondering at what point Obama supporters are going to start embarrassing other Obama supporters with crap like that.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2008, 12:38:49 AM »

good god

all these palin topics getting 100+ posts

insanity

When I went out for dinner this evening, all the NYC types were talking about Palin.  I must've overheard her name mentioned at least 6-7 times.

Most amusing line was a guy was talking to his girlfriend, saying good things about Palin.  Finally, he said "I think she's quite good-looking and intelligent, much like you are dear."  Girlfriend was not pleased.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2008, 12:40:37 AM »

I'm wondering at what point Obama supporters are going to start embarrassing other Obama supporters with crap like that.

funny.  But really, I'm about done with beating my head against a wall.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2008, 03:15:01 AM »

McCain's campaign finally puts out a statement!:

Gov. Palin has never worked for any effort to elect Pat Buchanan — that assertion is completely false. As Mayor of Wasilla, Sarah Palin did attend an event with Mr. Buchanan in her hometown, where reports described her wearing a Buchanan for President button. She wore the button as a courtesy to Mr. Buchanan, and in an effort to make him feel welcome during his visit, but immediately sent a letter to the editor of her local paper clarifying that the button should not have been interpreted as an endorsement of any kind.

text is bold to try and make the facts noticeable among the speculation.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2008, 09:00:10 AM »

As McCain said when Obama was called a closet Muslim with links to terrorism, "got to keep a sense of humor."

This is what the Obama camp has been putting up with for months. Outrageous is part of politics... one reason it's amusing to see so much outrage from people in response to tactics and comments that have been part of American politics since time immemorial.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2008, 09:05:45 AM »

funny.  But really, I'm about done with beating my head against a wall.

If you're upset with negative attacks and shocked by people "condoning" surrogates spreading false rumors about nominees, vote for change and a new kind of politics. Obama-Biden '08. Yes we can.
elcorazon

« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2008, 09:23:26 AM »

good for her.

my voting history is diverse as well.

i voted for jesse helms.  and i voted for teddy kennedy.  i voted bush twice for president and will vote kerry for the senate.  i voted mike easley and patrick ballantine.

i even voted and contributed money to phil's hero...elizabeth dole.
really?  you voted for helms?   that's the worst right there.  I hope you regretted it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2008, 09:35:26 AM »

McCain's campaign finally puts out a statement!:

Gov. Palin has never worked for any effort to elect Pat Buchanan — that assertion is completely false. As Mayor of Wasilla, Sarah Palin did attend an event with Mr. Buchanan in her hometown, where reports described her wearing a Buchanan for President button. She wore the button as a courtesy to Mr. Buchanan, and in an effort to make him feel welcome during his visit, but immediately sent a letter to the editor of her local paper clarifying that the button should not have been interpreted as an endorsement of any kind.

text is bold to try and make the facts noticeable among the speculation.

OK, that post clarifies a couple of things.  It says that Buchanan's campaign swing through Alaska, at which Palin wore a Buchanan button was in July 1999, so that was the 2000 election cycle, not 1996.  Though it was when Buchanan was still running in the GOP primary, before he switched to the Reform Party.

It also dates Palin joined the Forbes campaign in August 1999, so again, that's the 2000 election cycle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies