Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:35:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Poll
Question: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?
Yes.

No.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 128

Author Topic: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?  (Read 26230 times)
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 30, 2008, 02:07:32 AM »

Everyday I Write The Book
 hello, I am no re re he just understands where comon folk need help.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #226 on: August 30, 2008, 02:09:17 AM »

States is referring to Obama's supporters, not Obama. Learn the distinction. Wink
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #227 on: August 30, 2008, 02:10:33 AM »

No, Obama is racist trash who made 4.3 million dollars last year, went to Harvard and doesn't have one f'in clue about the "common folk". Remember, we're just clinging to our guns and religion. And also that white peoples greed hurts a world in need. Also remember, the US is a downright mean country and his wife was never proud of her country until saint Obama ran for president. The Dumbasscrats don't give three sh*ts about the blue collar American. The only thing they are interested in is repressing blacks and hispanics with economic repression as a result of dependence on the federal government.

States is referring to Obama's supporters, not Obama. Learn the distinction. Wink

No, Obama is pond scum as well.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #228 on: August 30, 2008, 02:13:24 AM »

PiT (The Physicist)
I am an obama supporter.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #229 on: August 30, 2008, 02:18:12 AM »

Neither is Obama but most of the morons here don't have a clue.

Obama and his supporters are a bunch of retards, I swear.

Absolutely, I'd like to see Obama go down like McGovern. I'm an L....but I'm so sick of the Obama cult.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #230 on: August 30, 2008, 02:59:23 AM »

No, Obama is pond scum as well.

Didn't he once cite his ownership of a three-bedroom condo in Chicago as proof of his hardship?

PiT (The Physicist)
I am an obama supporter.

I am aware of this.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #231 on: August 30, 2008, 03:11:45 AM »
« Edited: August 30, 2008, 03:23:40 AM by bgwah »

Neither is Obama but most of the morons here don't have a clue.

Obama and his supporters are a bunch of retards, I swear.

PiT (The Physicist)
I am an obama supporter.

You're twelve so your support is about as meaningless as Eboweds DNA code.

The conservatives on this forum are hilarious. If a liberal said anything like this there would already be a 100 post thread in The Atlas sub-forum. But when one of their own does it? No prob!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #232 on: August 30, 2008, 03:23:19 AM »

My newspaper pretends that this pick was a big surprise. Huh

When she was listed on all the shortlists, and the only reason I didn't think it likely was that it seemed too obvious, including too obviously pandering.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #233 on: August 30, 2008, 03:35:44 AM »

It does not appear that she is.  Palin's resume seems similar to that of Tim Kaine except the state she governs is even smaller.  I was opposed to a Kaine selection by Obama.  She is going to have to do some serious cramming to get up to speed on foreign policy/national security and I just don't think she has the time.  Biden will kill her on this issue during the debates. 
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #234 on: August 30, 2008, 03:42:10 AM »

It does not appear that she is.  Palin's resume seems similar to that of Tim Kaine except the state she governs is even smaller.  I was opposed to a Kaine selection by Obama.  She is going to have to do some serious cramming to get up to speed on foreign policy/national security and I just don't think she has the time.  Biden will kill her on this issue during the debates. 
Palin's level of information is not going to be lower than your average voter's.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #235 on: August 30, 2008, 03:55:16 AM »

Palin's level of information is not going to be lower than your average voter's.

It doesn't matter.  Voters will see from her biography that she has little background on the issue and if she makes misstatements on foreign policy, the media will make sure people know.  It will reinforce the perception that she is out of her league on national security.  Kaine would have come under the same scrutiny.  It may be worse for Palin because of stereotypes that women candidates are less authoritative on national security.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #236 on: August 30, 2008, 03:57:26 AM »

It doesn't matter.  Voters will see from her biography that she has little background on the issue and if she makes misstatements on foreign policy, the media will make sure people know.  It will reinforce the perception that she is out of her league on national security.  Kaine would have come under the same scrutiny.
Kaine is a Democrat.
If it didn't sink Bush, for chrissakes, it won't hurt a runningmate of McCain's.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Ah, that may be true.
Anyways. We'll see.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #237 on: August 30, 2008, 04:01:57 AM »
« Edited: August 30, 2008, 04:05:17 AM by Ogre Mage »

It doesn't matter.  Voters will see from her biography that she has little background on the issue and if she makes misstatements on foreign policy, the media will make sure people know.  It will reinforce the perception that she is out of her league on national security.  Kaine would have come under the same scrutiny.
Kaine is a Democrat.
If it didn't sink Bush, for chrissakes, it won't hurt a runningmate of McCain's.

U.S. Politics in 2008 is a completely different political environment from 2000, when Bush first ran.  And McCain is 72 years old, so the abilities of his successor are more of a consideration than usual.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #238 on: August 30, 2008, 04:14:57 AM »

Kaine is a Democrat.

U.S. Politics in 2008 is a completely different political environment from 2000, when Bush first ran.  And McCain is 72 years old, so the abilities of his successor are more of a consideration than usual.
Should theoretically be. Not sure they will be.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #239 on: August 30, 2008, 04:29:47 AM »

I predict she makes foreign-policy gaffes, like confusing important countries, before this campaign is done.  I suppose that McCain's campaign might be giving her a crash-course in how to find Georgia on the map and so on, but that might not cover the intense media barrage.  I mean, most senators probably couldn't find X country on the map, and that will only be amplified for someone who comes from a rural area in a remote part of the globe.  No fault of her own, but I predict a gaffe or two on foreign affairs that will be used by the Obama campaign to "prove" her inexperience - you heard it here first Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #240 on: August 30, 2008, 04:33:52 AM »

I predict she makes foreign-policy gaffes, like confusing important countries, before this campaign is done.  I suppose that McCain's campaign might be giving her a crash-course in how to find Georgia on the map and so on, but that might not cover the intense media barrage.  I mean, most senators probably couldn't find X country on the map, and that will only be amplified for someone who comes from a rural area in a remote part of the globe.  No fault of her own, but I predict a gaffe or two on foreign affairs that will be used by the Obama campaign to "prove" her inexperience - you heard it here first Wink

Then again, this is America. She could probably impress the average person by finding Canada on the map. Wink
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #241 on: August 30, 2008, 04:36:58 AM »

We tend to hold our leaders to a higher standard than we hold ourselves.

Prior to 2007, she had only visited one international country, Ireland (according to her press secretary).  Canada was not mentioned.  Afterwards, she's visited national guard troops in several countries.  I'm not trying to hold it against her, I just expect her to be more like the average American when it comes to knowledge of affairs, meaning an inability to find Afghanistan on the map (which would not be good PR).

Like Kuwait:
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #242 on: August 30, 2008, 06:20:55 AM »

We tend to hold our leaders to a higher standard than we hold ourselves.

Prior to 2007, she had only visited one international country, Ireland (according to her press secretary).  Canada was not mentioned. 
Palin was born in Northern Idaho and spent her early childhood in Skagway AK, so avoiding a visit to Canada would be no mean feat. Grin
politicaltipster
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #243 on: August 30, 2008, 09:38:41 AM »

In answer to the question - no.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #244 on: August 30, 2008, 09:57:07 AM »

No, it's true.  I ran into him at the mosque this morning and invited him over for a drink or two, but he declined.  You know, he's pretty observant about the faith.  Inshallah.  But he did burn a big fat joint with me, and after we finished it, he lit up a Marlboro.  Then, before we parted company, he'd finished that first Marlboro and just before it went out he lit a second one from the dying cherry of the first.

Did you have time to abort any babies, sacrifice any virgins or sell any crack to school children.?  Or was Obama too busy planning the next 9/11 attack?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #245 on: August 30, 2008, 10:00:06 AM »

and that will only be amplified for someone who comes from a rural area in a remote part of the globe. 

hur, hur, hur. rUralz aRe sTupId!!!!11111
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2008, 10:05:12 AM »

Kaine was too inexperienced because he was a Democratic, one term governor.

Palin is extremely experienced because she is a Republican, one term governor.

You have to learn to sort these things out.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #247 on: August 30, 2008, 11:53:10 AM »

and that will only be amplified for someone who comes from a rural area in a remote part of the globe. 

hur, hur, hur. rUralz aRe sTupId!!!!11111

Does anyone wonder why these guys can't win office outside of those elected by their state? As we've seen by their supporters here they must be pretty clueless.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 2.09

« Reply #248 on: August 30, 2008, 11:57:13 AM »

Is she qualified? I would say not as much as I would like, but can she do it yes. Just like Sen. Obama, he isn't as qualified as people would like, but I believe he can be a good President.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #249 on: August 30, 2008, 12:44:36 PM »

Okay let's break this down.

DEMS: LOLOLs @ MCL4ME He picked someone as inexperienced as Obama (who is running for President) to be his VP (to be President-in-training aka that person that doesn't do much unless something happens to the President, and if something did they'd already have a lot more experience just by being VP for a while... Are ya'll betting that something is gonna happen to McCain? Who is playing the "politics of fear" card now?).

I like to look at it this way. Lets say we have two football teams. Team #1 has a very experienced and seasoned QB who has played in the pros for 15 years and is an all pro as their starter and a backup who is a rookie.

Team #2 has a QB with one year of experience and a backup with 16 years of playing experience.

So if I'm the defensive coordinator for team #2 I can't go after the QBs of team #1 with a strategy to take advantage of inexperience when  their starter has so much experience.

If I'm the defensive coordinator for team #1 you bet I can take advantage of a guy who has only played for one year.

These two are similar in that the VP or backup does not even do anything much unless something happens to the starter. So in conclusion, McCain can still attack Obama campaign with inexperience.

Maybe I'm just deluded but I can't see how you can call running for the Presidency with little experience and running for the VP with little experience as the same or even remotely similar things.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies