OFFICIAL Vice President leaks, tips, and speculation thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 11:57:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  OFFICIAL Vice President leaks, tips, and speculation thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
Author Topic: OFFICIAL Vice President leaks, tips, and speculation thread  (Read 30305 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: August 22, 2008, 08:32:50 PM »

I can't believe this is still under wraps.
If its Biden, they can cut it out now, its over. Really.

What's up with your hate of Biden? As long as he doesn't make a gaffe till November, he is an excellent choice who helps Obama with older democrats.
I do hate him though.

Why?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #426 on: August 22, 2008, 08:33:47 PM »

Still though, the fact that there hasn't been some huge break is incredible.

I don't know; to a large extent the success of the Obama campaign has come from its skill at media manipulation and so on. In it's own way it's impressive though.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #427 on: August 22, 2008, 08:35:08 PM »

What's up with your hate of Biden? As long as he doesn't make a gaffe till November, he is an excellent choice who helps Obama with older democrats.
I do hate him though.

Why?
I dont trust him to not gaffe......on the trail or in international work. I dont think he brings anything really, so Id be more mad at Obama than Biden.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #428 on: August 22, 2008, 08:35:44 PM »

I do hate him though.

Why?
I dont trust him to not gaffe......on the trail or in international work. I dont think he brings anything really, so Id be more mad at Obama than Biden.

You'd rather have Bayh?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #429 on: August 22, 2008, 08:36:38 PM »

Still though, the fact that there hasn't been some huge break is incredible.

I don't know; to a large extent the success of the Obama campaign has come from its skill at media manipulation and so on. In it's own way it's impressive though.

Well, Biden is at 75% on InTrade.

I do hate him though.

Why?

You'd rather have Bayh?

I wonder if all of this talk about Bayh was just to have Biden look really good in comparison.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #430 on: August 22, 2008, 08:38:12 PM »

That's an interwebs gambling thing, isn't it? Do people who work on campaigns often bet on it?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #431 on: August 22, 2008, 08:38:43 PM »

I do hate him though.

Why?

You'd rather have Bayh?
By quite a bit, he looks and acts more professional and is more centrist, and at least Indiana might matter, PA and DE were most likely in the bag already.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #432 on: August 22, 2008, 08:41:21 PM »

I do hate him though.

Why?

And what do Bayh or Kaine bring? Bayh will certainly not swing Indiana enough to bring it to Obama's column and Kaine will reinforce the inexperienced tag on Obama. Kaine could help secure VA but could end up losing some other critical states for us. I think Hillary would be the best choice to win the election but she would be a poor VP. Way too much conflict with Bill and Hill running around the white house.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #433 on: August 22, 2008, 08:42:22 PM »

I do hate him though.

Why?

You'd rather have Bayh?
By quite a bit, he looks and acts more professional and is more centrist, and at least Indiana might matter, PA and DE were most likely in the bag already.

PA isn't, yet.  In a word, Ridge.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #434 on: August 22, 2008, 08:42:48 PM »

I do hate him though.

Why?

And what do Bayh or Kaine bring? Bayh will certainly not swing Indiana enough to bring it to Obama's column and Kaine will reinforce the inexperienced tag on Obama. Kaine could help secure VA but could end up losing some other critical states for us. I think Hillary would be the best choice to win the election but she would be a poor VP. Way too much conflict with Bill and Hill running around the white house.
I never really wanted Kaine for that exact reason. Bayh has a nationwide appeal really, brings youth and experience with a centrist message.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #435 on: August 22, 2008, 08:43:06 PM »

CNN "Breaking News"--- Obama will announce the VP via text message tomorrow.

This has pretty much been what the consensus has been on this thread for a few hours, but at least it's "official" now.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #436 on: August 22, 2008, 08:44:38 PM »

I do hate him though.

Why?

I never really wanted Kaine for that exact reason. Bayh has a nationwide appeal really, brings youth and experience with a centrist message.

Bayh wouldn't be a bad pick except he's kinda boring. Other than that he would be the shot of Americana Obama needs. I just think Biden can provide that as well.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #437 on: August 22, 2008, 08:45:16 PM »

I do hate him though.

Why?

Bayh wouldn't be a bad pick except he's kinda boring. Other than that he would be the shot of Americana Obama needs. I just think Biden can provide that as well.
I dunno....theres just something about him....
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #438 on: August 22, 2008, 08:48:08 PM »

Biden's biggest weakness is that he is kind of like John Kerry. He has a fantastic resume, but he's also just another DC, blue state Democratic Senator.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #439 on: August 22, 2008, 08:48:19 PM »

I do hate him though.

Why?

And that's why you "hate" him?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #440 on: August 22, 2008, 08:49:52 PM »

Fox News resports that Virginia Governor Tim Kaine will not be Obama's Vice Presidential candidate. My bet is on Biden at this point to get it since that is the case. Bayh is still in the running though
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #441 on: August 22, 2008, 08:50:14 PM »

If indeed the plane from Chicago to Wilmington was for Biden - then it's SO SO stupid to wait until morning to announce it.

Why build the suspense.... then drop a great big clunking clue.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #442 on: August 22, 2008, 08:51:18 PM »

VP Annoucement = Epic Fail (and I think that term itself is an epic fail)

If its anyone but Biden 99% of the country will be shocked
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #443 on: August 22, 2008, 08:53:27 PM »

Of course this could be done to throw us all off so he can pick someone like Jack Reed or Chet Edwards.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #444 on: August 22, 2008, 08:54:18 PM »

Of course this could be done to throw us all off so he can pick someone like Jack Reed or Chet Edwards.

Yeah, it's going to be rather anti-climatic if he picks Biden after all of this. On the other hand, if it's Gore, he could drag it out for another couple of days.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #445 on: August 22, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »

And watch the disapointment should that happen...
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #446 on: August 22, 2008, 08:56:20 PM »

I do hate him though.

Why?

And that's why you "hate" him?
As a VP pick? Yes. He can chill in the senate forever for all I care.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #447 on: August 22, 2008, 08:58:33 PM »

I think that no matter who gets picked someone will be disappointed especially the very committed Hillary people.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #448 on: August 22, 2008, 09:03:18 PM »

I think that no matter who gets picked someone will be disappointed especially the very committed Hillary people.

Well the very committed Hillary people are already disappointed; they'll just use it as another excuse.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #449 on: August 22, 2008, 09:08:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12710.html
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies