KY: Survey USA: McCain up by 18 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:28:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  KY: Survey USA: McCain up by 18 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY: Survey USA: McCain up by 18  (Read 1327 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: August 12, 2008, 01:15:43 PM »

Looks OK. Obama will have a tough time getting a better result than Kerry ...

At least he'll probably do better than he did in the primary. I suspect he'll also do better in Western Kentucky than Eastern. Where this really helps McCain is not so much Kentucky's 8 EVs, but the similarities between Kentucky and portions of nearby states, including Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 07:20:40 PM »

How the hell did Bill Clinton win Kentucky twice?

He was a white Southern good ole' boy who ran as a moderate Democrat with quiet times.

Isn't it sad that people really care about that?

The only two Democrats elected in the last 30 years were two Southern Governors who ran as moderates.

So? Isn't it still pathetic that you have to be a good ole boy to win as a Democrat in Kentucky? Doesn't that say quite a bit about the voters there?

I don't understand your point?

My point is that I think it could be quite possible that a politician with exactly the same politics from....let's say, California or New York...wouldn't have won Kentucky.

So I'm saying it's pretty embarrassing that that matters so much to Kentucky voters.

I don't think that is the reason. Arizona isn't anywhere near Kentucky...yet McCain will win Kentucky.
*slaps head*
You are missing the whole point Naso...

Hey, I was tracking an election while your momma was wiping your tush! I get your point, I just think it is more about the politics rather than location.

He is saying that a Democratic politician with the exact same politics would need to be perceived as a 'good ole boy' from the south to do well in Kentucky, even if he had the exact same politics and was running against the exact same Republican as someone from a northern state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies