OR: Survey USA: Obama's OR Lead Steady at 3% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:22:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  OR: Survey USA: Obama's OR Lead Steady at 3% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OR: Survey USA: Obama's OR Lead Steady at 3%  (Read 1598 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 06, 2008, 10:36:09 PM »

The cross-tabs on this poll look weird.... overly high male sample, excessively high Republican sample, too many college grads, and too many people from metro Portland....

Metro Portland is defined as being huge by SUSA.  It includes Fossil somehow.  2/3 is about right.

Otherwise, yes, weird results.  Coming up with a majority-male sample in Oregon, outside of a GOP primary, is a feat.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 09:38:10 AM »

The cross-tabs on this poll look weird.... overly high male sample, excessively high Republican sample, too many college grads, and too many people from metro Portland....

This seems like an outlier to me, unless additional polling substantiates these numbers.

Actually, the big partisan fault is low independents. The 2004 exit was 34I-34R-32D. Realistically, the Republican numbers are very unlikely to be up on 2004, so 37R is obviously wrong, but 41D is probably high, too. (This is, of course, assuming that Oregon hasn't experienced a massive increase in partisanship in the interim, but I find that... unlikely.)

SUSA tends to lowball independents, for whatever reason
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies