MS Sen - Rasmussen: Wicker expands lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 11:23:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  MS Sen - Rasmussen: Wicker expands lead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MS Sen - Rasmussen: Wicker expands lead  (Read 2749 times)
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 05:20:29 PM »

Musgrove's name ID is 100%? I don't think so. What about all the new voters Obama's campaign has been registering. Many are in the 18-24 age group. These voters may not have formed a view of Musgrove, who has been out of office for five years.

That's a rather astute analogy. Musgrove, like Ford, has personal baggage. Musgrove, like Corker, must introduce himself to the over 2/3 of the state's electorate. Unlike Corker, Wicker will not have an (R) at the end of his name.
Well no obviously it's not 100%, but the vast majority of voters have heard of Musgrove and remember him being governor.  Also, Wicker is the one who has to introduce himself to the state, not Musgrove.  Musgrove simply has to not let Wicker's attacks bog him down (I already hear attack ads on the radio often).

Also, the lack of an (R) next to Wicker's name is going to hurt him, not help him, barring Obama winning the election with 60%+ of the PV, and enough EV's to win Mississippi by several % points.
Wicker's name rec. is rising, which is directly correlated with his soaring poll numbers.  The party ID issue is still a huge unknown. Let's wait a few months to see how it plays out. I suspect it won't be as one-sided as you may think.
Badlands17
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -5.04

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 08:45:39 PM »

MS-B will likely be the closest result this cycle, but if I had to choose, I'd guess Wicker will take the win. No telling if a repeat of MS-1 will happen though.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2008, 08:28:50 PM »

Why are so many people around here under the impression that Musgrove is going to win this race? I think he'll do well, but I can't see him winning it. I just noticed on the site prediction maps that Mississippi is almost red.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 09:26:07 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2008, 11:38:42 PM by MarkWarner08 »

Why are so many people around here under the impression that Musgrove is going to win this race? I think he'll do well, but I can't see him winning it. I just noticed on the site prediction maps that Mississippi is almost red.
Sam Spade, aka "Mr. Caution," has stressed numerous times that trusting electoral predictions  made in summer is foolhardy. I give Wicker a slight, but solid advantage over Musgrove.

Edit: My first post made no sense.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies