The current map is not surprising.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:18:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  The current map is not surprising.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The current map is not surprising.  (Read 5486 times)
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 01:08:59 AM »

NC is not a toss up state.  I feel once Obama can lead in one poll in NC then I would agree that it is a toss up. 

One poll is enough to make it a tossup? wow

A Rassmussen Obama +5 at this point would make me believe the state is a toss-up considering the demographics of the state. 
user60521
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -7.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008, 06:50:40 AM »

I was really hoping that the map would change this election, and early on it looked as though it would.  Obama or Clinton looked like they'd carry a few unusual states.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 09:01:05 AM »

264-261-13
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008, 09:02:14 AM »

based on:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/Pres/Maps/Aug20.html

°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008, 09:03:26 AM »

4 years ago:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2004/Pres/Maps/Aug20.html
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2008, 09:16:29 AM »

I was really hoping that the map would change this election, and early on it looked as though it would.  Obama or Clinton looked like they'd carry a few unusual states.

Democratic primary voters can be dumb as nails. It almost makes me ashamed to belong to this party.

In 2004, the number 1 reason given by Kerry primary voters was that he was more electable. It's clear that those people were looking at his military resume, the fact that he won Iowa with a narrow plurality, and thought he seemed reasonable compared to Dean. They never even considered his home state or residence or possible voting record. Meanwhile there were many here who were pulling for Edwards (who was a very different candidate back then), but he essentially had no chance after coming in second in Iowa.

In 2008, the Dem voters allowed themselves to be convinced by the media prior to February 5 that the only important demographic was independents, and that Obama could compete among independents whereas Hillary could not. The fact that he was black and thus might have a problem with residual racism apparently slipped the media's mind. Their coverage of Obama was similar to their coverage of Bush in the run-up to the 2003 Iraq war: the god who could do no wrong. And many of the same people who were most skeptical of the media's cheerleading for the war in 2002 and 2003 were the first to jump onto the Obama bandwagon.

But let's not run into post mortems yet. I'm barely scratching the surface of the things I have to say (as is former President Clinton), but I am reserving my judgment.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies