Update on how sanctuary city works
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 05:47:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Update on how sanctuary city works
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Update on how sanctuary city works  (Read 2087 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 05:55:40 AM »

Sbane,

You really need to check reality.

The truth is that business (particularly big businesses) pay realitively little of the tax burden, particularly after the numerous tax breaks,exemptions and subsidies they receive.

A few years ago my city used to have two top notch trauma centers.  One had to close down because of the cost of treating illegal aliens, which was not reimbursed!

Now it takes longer to transport critically injured/ill patients for treatment, and some die as a result.

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 06:11:49 AM »

Sbane,

You really need to check reality.

The truth is that business (particularly big businesses) pay realitively little of the tax burden, particularly after the numerous tax breaks,exemptions and subsidies they receive.

A few years ago my city used to have two top notch trauma centers.  One had to close down because of the cost of treating illegal aliens, which was not reimbursed!

Now it takes longer to transport critically injured/ill patients for treatment, and some die as a result.

Yeah I am not denying that businesses find thousands of ways to cheat the system which is why we need more regulation (oh noes IRS). But honestly though taxing businesses a lot just leads to many of them moving out of the country and the ones who stay sell goods at a higher price. They never absorb the costs, never. Also I admit that it is a little unfair that Arizona is used as a highway of sorts by these immigrants who are actually going to other places to work. It used to be California but now it is your state. See to the overall country I think the benefits of these immigrants outweigh the negatives but I will admit that the costs and benefits are not distributed evenly. Thus we end up in a situation where your hospital is running out of money while some fatcat farmers sip wine in SF while hundreds of below minimum wage workers pick fruit on their farm. Oh and of course the farmers still need their subsidies. HAHA biggest scam ever huh?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2008, 01:26:16 PM »

Reminder: Population growth hurts the environment so logically liberals/greens should oppose immigration.
lol I care more about humans than the environment by a long shot so try again.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2008, 11:30:26 AM »

Ok, then do you want US wages/labor conditions to drop down to latin american levels or worse? India and China have BIG populations and much worse wages/labor conditions than the US/western europe.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies