Why is homosexuality "bad" to some people?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:00:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Why is homosexuality "bad" to some people?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Poll
Question: What homosexual action in homosexual relationships makes homosexuality "bad" or "wrong"?
The Actual Buttsex

The Annoyingness of the seeming obsession with Fashion, Interior Design, Performing Arts and general girlieness

If there's two men, then where's the vagina?

Simple. If people are gay, how will we be able to raise a large army or workforce?

The arbitrary will of God

Some Alternative Theory (which you will explain)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Why is homosexuality "bad" to some people?  (Read 22296 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 05:24:09 PM »

It's the plumbing thing, no doubt in my mind, that fuels the phobe.

Yet many people 'plumb' (yes, that way) their own wife.

True, but well, I stand by what I wrote. No one claimed the human mind is seamlessly logical.

You're both right.

It's a simple double-standard.  Sodomy is perfectly acceptible to 95% of anti-Gay people, as long as it's committed with one's spouse. 

Its also very much the 'new' thing to try to have the wife/girlfriend find the guy's prostate. Very few people will admit it, but you often get the missus let it slip.

Mrs. Wilma Fingerdoo is in complete agreement.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2008, 05:31:24 PM »

It's the plumbing thing, no doubt in my mind, that fuels the phobe.

Yet many people 'plumb' (yes, that way) their own wife.

True, but well, I stand by what I wrote. No one claimed the human mind is seamlessly logical.

You're both right.

It's a simple double-standard.  Sodomy is perfectly acceptible to 95% of anti-Gay people, as long as it's committed with one's spouse. 

Its also very much the 'new' thing to try to have the wife/girlfriend find the guy's prostate. Very few people will admit it, but you often get the missus let it slip.

Mrs. Wilma Fingerdoo is in complete agreement.
But be careful... Mrs. Hu Flung Pu can get a little carried away sometimes.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2008, 05:34:11 PM »

This is funny you guys are saying stuff that is really true but you seem to be repeating eachother. he he.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2008, 01:08:25 PM »

Well, I am not asking you what you believe or whether you think its bad to be gay. All I am asking is what you think the source of homophobia is.

They say it's God's will and have convinced themselves they truly believe it.  But it's number one, actually. 

Look, I am very open and take a live and let live approach to people and their sexuality.  But the thought of two dudes french kissing makes me nauseous.  Is that homophobia?  No way.  It's heterosexuality.  And it's probably how a lot of gay men view the thought of a man and a woman french kissing.

Of course, if it's two hot women french kissing...all bets are off.  That's just a thing of beauty.
I wonder why that's so. I heard that women don't like watching gay men, which catches me as kind of odd. I wonder why it's God's will.  Is the universe God's toybox or dice table?

Homosexuality is frowned upon for the same reason that group sex or onanism was once frowned upon.  It's simply not productive.

So, you probably put down that "if there's two men, then where's the vagina?" or "Simple".
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 02:23:37 PM »

I think the original poster just wanted to start a thread with the word "buttsex" in it.  ;-)
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2008, 06:16:39 PM »

hmmm may be ye never know.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 08:23:18 PM »

I think the original poster just wanted to start a thread with the word "buttsex" in it.  ;-)
Buttsex is the most over rated of all sex.

mmm

You're right, it is fun to type buttsex.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2008, 09:51:31 PM »

How would you know?

No...wait...there's no answer that isn't going to gross somebody out here.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 09:57:56 PM »

At the Green Mill restaurant, they have what is called a "butt steak"

I couldn't order that with a straight face...

"Yeah, I'll take the butt steak.. could you put a little maitre 'd butter on that please?"
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 10:03:24 PM »

I think the most common reason is cause of religion. Someone's religion most certainly affects his personal preferences.

But to say that religion is the only reason, I think is incorrect. There have to be many reasons out there. I was raised being taught that homosexuality was "bad" by people who believed what they taught. When I grew older that stuff didn't change me. The thought of falling in love with a guy or having sex with a guy doesn't make me sick. Those things really don't bother me. Now people who are put-off by that, that doesn't bother me either. It's just the way they are.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2008, 03:04:41 AM »

How would you know?

No...wait...there's no answer that isn't going to gross somebody out here.
I can only imagine how bad it would be to be a catcher, but I was specifically referring to pitching as being over rated.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2008, 06:23:20 PM »

I can't understand why people think it is bad. People just need to get over it. I used to think is was kind of gross, but it's a person's heart you're dealing with.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2008, 01:20:38 AM »

I can't understand why people think it is bad. People just need to get over it. I used to think is was kind of gross, but it's a person's heart you're dealing with.

That's how it worked for me, though I was really disgusted with the "gay" thing as a teenager.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2008, 01:21:47 AM »

WRITE-IN: Josh22.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2008, 01:56:53 AM »

No...well that...but something else... I talked to my brother about this topic while we were looking at a fake ad for an energy drink for homosexuals.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2008, 08:27:29 PM »

1, 2, and 5 mixed, I'd say - certain sex acts and 'ghey' culture are affronts to what is considered 'masculine' by most men (and have an 'ick' factor), and religion is something a lot of people take very, very seriously.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 02:20:47 AM »

Concerning male homosexuality:

Homophobia is used so loosely. Instead of being used for what it actually means, it has become a derogatory term used for those who don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle.

Homosexual attraction is disordered. What is normal and natural is for a man to be attracted to women and vice-versa, which is obviously intrinsically linked with procreation. The sexual revolution of the 60s attempted to legitimize homosexual behavior as simply a different lifestyle. Perhaps groups were hostile with male homosexuals, because they dealt with them as they were in the past historically-- straight men who were sexually promiscuous. They neglected to deal with it as it was at that time-- authentically homosexaully-oriented men, due to problems in the childhood. Ask any homosexual man-- generally speaking, they do not have great relationships with their fathers. This is the cause of the problem.

Many of you will likely say, "the APA disagrees". Yes, of course. I have learned not to trust most of what the APA says. Up until the early 70s, what I said above was the opinion of the APA. During one conference, the entire views of the APA changed. Why? The board was replaced by homosexual or homosexual-friendly psychologists. It was essentially hijacked. Most of the data used to justify homosexuality was hogwash. None of the studies were done properly. It was, and has become, a huge mess.

Homosexuality is a huge problem, as the entire lifestyle is unhealthy physically, psychologically, and spiritually. Homosexual men are more likely to have a promiscuous lifestyle, die earlier in life, and to have severe psychological problems. It's time that the APA takes a look at reality and find a solution for this problem. These people need help, and instead of helping, the APA is making it worse. More men-- often very young-- will die, and live very unsatisfying lives.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 02:45:54 AM »

The original question is not of very great interest to me, as one would never have any personal time if one started to try to explain the workings of the minds of the stupid in the herd.  But suffice to to say that they all think alike because they cannot do otherwise.

Regarding the most interesting question in this thread flamers are the only kind of homosexual I like, if you know what I mean.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 12:41:08 PM »

Many of you will likely say, "the APA disagrees". Yes, of course. I have learned not to trust most of what the APA says. Up until the early 70s, what I said above was the opinion of the APA. During one conference, the entire views of the APA changed. Why? The board was replaced by homosexual or homosexual-friendly psychologists. It was essentially hijacked. Most of the data used to justify homosexuality was hogwash. None of the studies were done properly. It was, and has become, a huge mess.

Right, it's all a conspiracy. It happened instantly and with nobody having presented any studies prior to that point in which homosexuals did not display pathological problems. It's all part of the insideous GAY AGENDA!

Homosexuality is a huge problem, as the entire lifestyle is unhealthy physically, psychologically, and spiritually. Homosexual men are more likely to have a promiscuous lifestyle, die earlier in life, and to have severe psychological problems. It's time that the APA takes a look at reality and find a solution for this problem. These people need help, and instead of helping, the APA is making it worse. More men-- often very young-- will die, and live very unsatisfying lives.

Could you explain to me why then most of the homosexuals I've met are physically healthy, emotionally happy and stable, in rather stable relationships, and quite satisfied with their lives? Hell, as far as physically healthy goes a lot of the ones I've seen tend to look healthier on average than the straight ones I've met - less problems with obesity and whatnot.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2008, 12:42:26 PM »

Homophobia is used so loosely. Instead of being used for what it actually means, it has become a derogatory term used for those who don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle.

Homosexual attraction is disordered. What is normal and natural is for a man to be attracted to women and vice-versa, which is obviously intrinsically linked with procreation. The sexual revolution of the 60s attempted to legitimize homosexual behavior as simply a different lifestyle. Perhaps groups were hostile with male homosexuals, because they dealt with them as they were in the past historically-- straight men who were sexually promiscuous. They neglected to deal with it as it was at that time-- authentically homosexaully-oriented men, due to problems in the childhood. Ask any homosexual man-- generally speaking, they do not have great relationships with their fathers. This is the cause of the problem.

^^^^^^

Bullsh-t.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2008, 12:44:38 PM »

Oh. Brambila's back and hasn't changed...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2008, 12:48:48 PM »

Option three, of course.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2008, 03:07:15 PM »

I imagine that if any homosexuals are unsatisfied with their lives, it's because they have been living in fear of gay-bashers.

Also, if we are to assume that it's a lifestyle & nothing more (no gay person I have ever met would agree with that), it's no more of a problem than drinking alcohol. In both cases, a person is making a choice that can adversely affect his/her life. It's that person's body; s/he can do whatever s/he wants with it provided that s/he isn't harming anyone else. In that respect, homosexuality is less of a threat to society than alcohol.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2008, 04:14:39 PM »

I imagine that if any homosexuals are unsatisfied with their lives, it's because they have been living in fear of gay-bashers.

Also, if we are to assume that it's a lifestyle & nothing more (no gay person I have ever met would agree with that), it's no more of a problem than drinking alcohol. In both cases, a person is making a choice that can adversely affect his/her life. It's that person's body; s/he can do whatever s/he wants with it provided that s/he isn't harming anyone else. In that respect, homosexuality is less of a threat to society than alcohol.

By drinking Alcohol you are hurting your body each time you do it. How is that and being gay the same? How are you hurting yourself?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2008, 04:20:08 PM »

By drinking Alcohol you are hurting your body each time you do it. How is that and being gay the same? How are you hurting yourself?

I was responding to Brambila's suggestion that homosexuality is self-destructive. I just didn't feel like quoting the whole diatribe to make two points about it. Not to mention that the direction of the topic had changed to respond to Brambila. I'll insert the quote though, just to avoid any future confusion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies