NC: Other Source: McCain ahead by 3%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:29:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NC: Other Source: McCain ahead by 3%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC: Other Source: McCain ahead by 3%  (Read 926 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 21, 2008, 09:27:10 AM »

New Poll: North Carolina President by Other Source on 2008-07-17

Summary: D: 40%, R: 43%, U: 15%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 09:59:52 AM »

The challenge is clearly for Obama to cross the "acceptability threshold" if he is to have a chance of winning any Southern state. Only if he does that will undecideds perhaps swing in his favor

Dave
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 10:16:50 AM »

The challenge is clearly for Obama to cross the "acceptability threshold" if he is to have a chance of winning any Southern state. Only if he does that will undecideds perhaps swing in his favor

Dave

Ok, so how will he choose to change the pigmentation of his skin, I might ask?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 10:31:05 AM »

Dave

You play the racism thing out way bigger then it is.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 10:42:15 AM »

Dave

Josh, turn off your computer and venture away from the Raleigh/Durham area for a while.  kthanxbai.

I live in Greensboro, well McLeansville with is right out side the city limits. I know that racism is still around, but it isn't has wide spread has people like to play it out to be.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 10:59:26 AM »

Dave

Josh, turn off your computer and venture away from the Raleigh/Durham area for a while.  kthanxbai.

I live in Greensboro, well McLeansville with is right out side the city limits. I know that racism is still around, but it isn't has wide spread has people like to play it out to be.

I'm sure queer hatred isn't as widespread as people like to play it out to be either.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 11:01:53 AM »

I suspect those voters, who aren't voting for Obama because he's black, are pretty much decided. Not exactly a great big dirty secret waiting to come out now, is it?

Dave
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 11:03:22 AM »

I suspect those voters, who aren't voting for Obama because he's black, are pretty much decided. Not exactly a great big dirty secret waiting to come out now, is it?

Dave

History says pretty clearly that in NC those voters are found most strongly within the "U" part of the entry into the polling database.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 11:06:22 AM »

Dave

History says pretty clearly that in NC those voters are found most strongly within the "U" part of the entry into the polling database.

I kinda agree with Dave, the ones that hate blacks aren't unsure who to vote for right now. They know they are not going to vote for Obama, and most of them wouldn't vote Democratic in the first places so it isn't like we are losing anything.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 11:08:16 AM »

Dave

I'm sure queer hatred isn't as widespread as people like to play it out to be either.

Not in the Greensboro area, UNC-G 60% of the guys that go to that school are gay. Greensboro is a big college cities, but I would have to say out side of the big cities gays are hated.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 11:17:48 AM »

Dave

Not in the Greensboro area, UNC-G 60% of the guys that go to that school are gay. Greensboro is a big college cities, but I would have to say out side of the big cities gays are hated.

hey im a graduate of uncg...and what do you know...im straight!
elcorazon

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 11:20:47 AM »

Dave

not that there's anything wrong with that.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 11:22:06 AM »

Dave

But that was 40 years ago Wink, no but uncg hasn't always been that way, my aunt she went there and she said when she went it was totaly different.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 11:58:04 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2008, 12:01:45 PM by Governor Duke, Dirty South »

I'm beginning to think all the UNC schools are full of gays. UNC-Chapel Hill is horrible for straight male Republicans.

But those elderly whites, many who live in my granddads small town outside of Winston Salem, are undecided-undecided between staying home or voting for McCain. These are the remaining old south blue dogs. The large majority of those 15% will swing McCain's way with history as our guide. If Obama was going to win in NC, he needs to be leading now, and he hasn't led one time. If he was smart, be wouldn't waste his time and money there, but I hope he's foolish.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies