Rasmussen: McCain with double digit lead in GA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:02:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen: McCain with double digit lead in GA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: McCain with double digit lead in GA  (Read 1618 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 21, 2008, 11:51:13 AM »

McCain: 48
Obama: 39

With Leaners:

McCain: 53
Obama 42

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/georgia/election_2008_georgia_presidential_election
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 11:53:33 AM »

No big shocker here, move to the next polls...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 11:59:28 AM »

Obama has already dumped 1.1 million last month into Georgia. I hope he continues to do so!
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 11:59:59 AM »

Lets wait until Obama starts to run ads there.  Nevermind, he's been doing that for a month.

Yeah, move on to some meaninful states.  However, if the Obama folks want to continue dropping money in there, I'm all for it.  South Caro;ina, Mississippi, Louisiana......

Parts of the South always seem to be up for grabs for Democrats in the summer.  I't the Democrats' summer New Jersey.
elcorazon

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 12:01:10 PM »

OMG Obama is so dumb.  Why does he think he can win these states?  So naive and stupid hahahahahaha.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 12:06:13 PM »

Like I said, spend away.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 12:07:56 PM »

Polls are beginning to make a little more sense...McCain far ahead in Arkansas, Georgia, Alaska...while Obama is far ahead in Maine, California, ect.
elcorazon

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 12:12:59 PM »

its etc. not ect. half the board seems to make that error.  please don't do it again.  thanks.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 12:28:54 PM »

At least Obama is going on the offensive. Even if he doesn't realistically increase his chances in Georgia, he helps the congressional races.

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 12:33:39 PM »

At least Obama is going on the offensive. Even if he doesn't realistically increase his chances in Georgia, he helps the congressional races.

There will be one competitive congressional race in GA this year.  How much do you think it's worth?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 01:06:00 PM »

the obamaphiles didnrealize that unlike the primary in georgia, white people will actually be voting in the general.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 01:08:18 PM »

the obamaphiles didnrealize that unlike the primary in georgia, white people will actually be voting in the general.

I've always wondered what it would be like to live in my own feces.. how's that going for you?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 01:19:37 PM »

I've always wondered what it would be like to live in my own feces.. how's that going for you?
UR SO FUNNY!!!!!11

seriously. 
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 01:28:25 PM »

UR SO FUNNY!!!!!11

seriously. 

So, the only reason why you voted for Clinton was because she was white? I mean, you do seem obsessed with race.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 01:32:17 PM »

Seriously, though, in what effin' planet does Obama dumping money into Georgia make sense?

Consider:

(1) Obama won't carry the damn state regardless of what he spends here.
(2) McCain won't be dumping huge sums of cash in Georgia to defend it.
(3) Obama sure as hell won't have coattails in any key federal race.
(4) Even if Obama does flip the state to blue, there is no conceivable way that this will be the state that pushes him over the 270 EV finish line.

Is he really so confident that he's shooting for 360–420 electoral votes?

No sense.  No sense at all.  It's the same retarded Bush 2000 overextension all over again.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 01:33:46 PM »

UR SO FUNNY!!!!!11

seriously. 

So, the only reason why you voted for Clinton was because she was white? I mean, you do seem obsessed with race.
no.

you cant deny that one reason why the opamaphiles thought/think georgia is in play is because of his large primary victory in the state.  obviously a big reason why he won the state is because over half of the voters were black.

i feel pretty certain that white georgians will go fairly heavily for the republican (as they did in 2004)
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »

UR SO FUNNY!!!!!11

seriously. 

no.

you cant deny that one reason why the opamaphiles thought/think georgia is in play is because of his large primary victory in the state.  obviously a big reason why he won the state is because over half of the voters were black.

i feel pretty certain that white georgians will go fairly heavily for the republican (as they did in 2004)

Obama won 43% of whites in the primary, including big wins in the under 45 crowd. The only southern state that he did better among whites was Virginia. Yeah, he dominated among blacks, but he did better among whites here than most other places
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 01:46:58 PM »

UR SO FUNNY!!!!!11

seriously. 

no.

Well it's a little more complicated than that. He received 55% in South Carolina, 55% in Alabama, 57% in Louisiana and 61% in Mississippi, but 66% in Georgia. Atlanta is by far the largest city in all of those states, and much of the conservatism there is driven by evangelicals, whom Obama is attempting to win over. If Obama can make the Atlanta suburbs competitive, he can make the state competitive. Not that it's a good RoI, but I am just trying my best to understand what possible rationale there could be behind the spending.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 01:49:06 PM »

At first, I thought that the Obama spend in GA might be an attempt to see if he can make any movement among suburban evangelicals.  It's a big investment for that, but it's probably the best state to give that a test.  But when you consider he can also do that in Virginia, and he's still spending for some reason, that sort of falls apart.

If Obama includes Georgia again in his next spending drop, I've officially decided that he's off his rocker.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 01:53:15 PM »

At first, I thought that the Obama spend in GA might be an attempt to see if he can make any movement among suburban evangelicals.

Prayer might work better among that crowd.

GA whites tend to be more bourgeoisie than whites in the other states - problem is most of those whites weren't voting in the Dem primary.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 01:54:30 PM »

There is no rationale to dumping a million in Georgia. This is why I can't donate to him - he'll spend it foolishly
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 05:37:56 PM »

I have to agree that if Obama is thinking about targeting suburban evangelicals; Ohio, Virginia and NC would be good places to start. I hope he gets the message and stops spending on GA NOW.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies