Department of Forum Affairs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 06:58:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Forum Affairs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Author Topic: Department of Forum Affairs  (Read 71883 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2008, 04:59:14 PM »

When is the Lt.Governor Election in the SE?

End of the month.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2008, 05:07:10 PM »

Earl-

In doing research for the Trondheim case, I reread the text in the Constitution pertaining to absentee voting:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Doesn't it seem kinda like absentee voting has turned into early voting? I'm not sure all of the votes cast in absentee voting would stand up to Constitutional muster.

Just sharing.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2008, 05:39:01 PM »

Earl-

In doing research for the Trondheim case, I reread the text in the Constitution pertaining to absentee voting:

Doesn't it seem kinda like absentee voting has turned into early voting? I'm not sure all of the votes cast in absentee voting would stand up to Constitutional muster.

Just sharing.

I'm just doing what is done by precedent.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2008, 05:41:03 PM »

Earl-

Just sharing.

I'm just doing what is done by precedent.

I understand. I don't mean it as criticism against you.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2008, 12:49:32 PM »

Doesn't it seem kinda like absentee voting has turned into early voting?
Yeah. Not that I particularly mind, though. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2008, 01:00:44 PM »

Well, it would be held too close to the general election to be legal. The weekend it was going to be held on was the last possible weekend it could be held.
?

If you're thinking of what I'm thinking of (I 4 5 again... "if a vacancy shall occur when there is a person due to assume that office within two weeks, then no special election shall be necessary", that refers to the date the vacancy arises, not the date the by-election is held. And it refers to the swearing-in date, not the date of the general election. It's basically just another way of saying (under the old district rules) "if a guy resigns upon the election of his successor, his successor may take office early".

I've no idea whether the ten days begin anew after the injunction was lifted, in which case the by-election should be next weekend, or whether the time before the injunction also counts, in which case there was no legal date due to problems with the injunction coming in and going out on different days of the week. Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2008, 12:19:54 PM »

Do we all have to re-register as Regional Protection Party (RPP) or can the SoFA just make the change in the voter roll?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2008, 01:04:23 PM »

Do we all have to re-register as Regional Protection Party (RPP) or can the SoFA just make the change in the voter roll?

I believe y'all have to re-register, unless you can find legislation that suggests otherwise.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2008, 01:13:11 PM »

I believe y'all have to re-register, unless you can find legislation that suggests otherwise.

Like I've said, SoFA Q did it automatically.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2008, 01:19:34 PM »

Well, I re-registered & I sent Duke & SPC PMs telling them to do the same, so it's not too much of a problem.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2008, 07:40:55 AM »

Well, it would be held too close to the general election to be legal. The weekend it was going to be held on was the last possible weekend it could be held.
?

If you're thinking of what I'm thinking of (I 4 5 again... "if a vacancy shall occur when there is a person due to assume that office within two weeks, then no special election shall be necessary", that refers to the date the vacancy arises, not the date the by-election is held. And it refers to the swearing-in date, not the date of the general election. It's basically just another way of saying (under the old district rules) "if a guy resigns upon the election of his successor, his successor may take office early".

I've no idea whether the ten days begin anew after the injunction was lifted, in which case the by-election should be next weekend, or whether the time before the injunction also counts, in which case there was no legal date due to problems with the injunction coming in and going out on different days of the week. Smiley

SoFA?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2008, 11:39:14 AM »

?

SoFA?

Oh, shoot I missed that post. Well, I really see holding the election as being pointless at this point with another election only a little while away.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2008, 11:44:29 AM »

What are the election dates and when is the candidacy declaration deadline?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2008, 02:48:28 PM »

?

SoFA?

Oh, shoot I missed that post. Well, I really see holding the election as being pointless at this point with another election only a little while away.
Ah, but that's true but irrelevant. (Although having a full Senate is nice, so it's not that pointless really.)

I won't sue though. Although if someone else wants to they should feel free to. Grin
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2008, 10:44:56 AM »

The election begins August 21st. The deadline is today.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2008, 11:38:10 AM »

The election begins August 21st. The deadline is today.

Thanks.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2008, 01:20:27 PM »

Well, I re-registered & I sent Duke & SPC PMs telling them to do the same, so it's not too much of a problem.

In hindsight, it should probably be done automatically. SPC has been missing for a few days, & Duke hasn't re-registered yet. Now that we qualify as a major party, we should have an accurate record of who's actually in the party.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2008, 04:00:55 PM »

Doesn't it seem kinda like absentee voting has turned into early voting?
Yeah. Not that I particularly mind, though. Smiley

It has, and we need to stop this.  I know I voted absentee, and I'm actually here during the election, but there was a good possibility that I wasn't going to be available today, and I know I won't for much of this weekend.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2008, 06:19:49 PM »

Midterm Senate election certification of results

Total valid votes: 66
Quota: 12

First round
DWTL      10
Al      9
CultureKing   9
Xahar      8
Jas      7
Sensei      6
ColinW   6
AndrewCT   5
HappyWarrior   5
Benconstine   1 --> eliminated

Second round
DWTL      11
Al      9
CultureKing   9
Xahar      8
Jas      7
Sensei      6
ColinW   6
AndrewCT   5    (2nd preferences: 4)
HappyWarrior   5   (2nd preferences: 1) --> eliminated

Third round
DWTL      12 --> ELECTED
Al      9
CultureKing   9
Xahar      9
Sensei      8
Jas      7
ColinW   6
AndrewCT   5 --> eliminated
Exhausted   1

Fourth round
DWTL      12 --> ELECTED
Al      10
CultureKing   9
Xahar      9
Sensei      9
Jas      8
ColinW   8   --> eliminated based on prior count
Exhausted   1

Fifth round
DWTL      12 --> ELECTED
Jas      12 --> ELECTED 
Al      11 --> ELECTED w/o quota
Sensei      11 --> ELECTED w/o quota
CultureKing   9    ELECTED w/o quota based on position in 2nd round
Xahar      9   eliminated
Exhausted   2

Rejected ballots:
dc_cutie (intentions not clear)

In addition, MAS117s ballot was made unclear beyond the 2nd preference, and counted as exhausted.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2008, 09:09:40 PM »

The above results will remain provisional for the time being. Apparently there is an investigation into voter fraud that needs to be done.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2008, 09:13:38 PM »

The above results will remain provisional for the time being. Apparently there is an investigation into voter fraud that needs to be done.

Sounds juicy. Wink Do you need an assistant detective?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2008, 09:14:46 PM »

Huh  I didn't even know there was voter fraud in Atlasia.  Was someone like disenfranchised or something?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2008, 11:02:41 PM »

Sounds juicy. Wink Do you need an assistant detective?

The matter was referred to the Attorney General for investigation, and I requested that the SoFA hold off on officially certifying the results until the matter is resolved (which likely won't take long).
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2008, 01:58:28 AM »

^ The suspense is killing me!
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2008, 09:09:12 PM »

fyi yall, the circumstances are beyond my control.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies