WA: Survey USA: Yet another Washington poll shows Obama comfortably ahead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:40:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WA: Survey USA: Yet another Washington poll shows Obama comfortably ahead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA: Survey USA: Yet another Washington poll shows Obama comfortably ahead  (Read 1009 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 17, 2008, 01:02:10 AM »
« edited: July 17, 2008, 01:13:03 AM by Alcon »

I don't think Obama will have much in the way of coattails on the race for Governor here--- both candidates are well-known statewide, and although Gregoire has been up in 3/4 the past polls by 7-8 points West Coast elections tend to be almost as much about the candidate as the party, and it is not inconceivable that this could be another cliffhanger come election night.

It's not inconceivable.  But I don't really see anything working in Rossi's favor, other than anger held over from the 2004 election.  Gregoire is a competent bureaucrat, the GOP is in the doldrums, Rossi's transportation plan wasn't received as well as expected.   He's also kind of annoying his Eastern Washington base (not totally enthused with him even in 2004) by concentrating his focus on the Lake Washington area.  I doubt it will lose him a lot of votes or anything, but he probably needs bigger margins there than in 2004 (he underperformed Bush)

He's running into any Washington State Republican's problem -- you have lick the feet of the Seattle suburbs, and the Seattle suburbs don't seem to be interested.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies