Do many Democrats refuse to live in suburbs?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:06:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do many Democrats refuse to live in suburbs?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Do many Democrats refuse to live in suburbs?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Do many Democrats refuse to live in suburbs?  (Read 5282 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2008, 08:31:40 PM »

interesting thread. looks like these guys are divided on suburbs.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=555619

So you think "racist" are all pro-suburb?
Holy crap, that forum. It makes me hate my race even more.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2008, 09:10:49 PM »

No. A lot of the Democrats are so poor that they have to live in the ghetto and can't afford to live in safe, clean suburb.
haha I love how you try to pretty much try to attack Democrats for being poor when in BRTD's post he talks about how the more Democratic region of the city is wealthier than the suburb.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2008, 10:46:44 PM »

No. A lot of the Democrats are so poor that they have to live in the ghetto and can't afford to live in safe, clean suburb.
haha I love how you try to pretty much try to attack Democrats for being poor when in BRTD's post he talks about how the more Democratic region of the city is wealthier than the suburb.

Yes, the Twin Cities metropolitan area certainly has just one suburb.  Uh huh.  The suburbs are just as monolithic as the cities themselves.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2008, 12:53:58 AM »

Yes, the Twin Cities metropolitan area certainly has just one suburb.  Uh huh.  The suburbs are just as monolithic as the cities themselves.

Median income in the Kenwood neighborhood >>> median income in Sherburne county.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2008, 01:11:59 AM »

Median income in the Kenwood neighborhood >>> median income in Sherburne county.

It would probably help if I clicked to see which post he was referring to, yes Wink

Do you know what precincts Kenwood is, though?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2008, 01:12:50 AM »

I looked it up but forgot it now, could look it up again later. But it was something around 75% for Kerry, obviously even higher for Obama.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2008, 05:26:44 AM »

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2008, 05:38:24 AM »

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2008, 10:08:29 AM »

ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2008, 10:19:11 AM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2011, 01:09:39 AM »

I suppose now is a good time to point out that precincts in the Baltimore area become immediately more Republican as soon as you cross the city limits. You have >80% Obama precincts sitting next to McCain precincts with similar racial demographics. Check it out. There is clearly something going on here.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2011, 01:19:35 AM »

i live in Dallas and even here we have democratic suburbs. Lancaster, Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill are all heavily democratic. Grand Prairie, Irving, Mesquite are swing. Carrollton, Richardson, Garland, Coppell are all lean to solid republican.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2011, 01:27:08 AM »

i live in Dallas and even here we have democratic suburbs. Lancaster, Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill are all heavily democratic. Grand Prairie, Irving, Mesquite are swing. Carrollton, Richardson, Garland, Coppell are all lean to solid republican.

Lancaster = 37% white, majority black
Duncanville = 64% white, almost 25% black
DeSoto = 49% white, 46% black
Cedar Hill = 57% white, 34% black

So all that means really is you have some minority population spillover.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2011, 01:37:28 AM »

I suppose now is a good time to point out that precincts in the Baltimore area become immediately more Republican as soon as you cross the city limits. You have >80% Obama precincts sitting next to McCain precincts with similar racial demographics. Check it out. There is clearly something going on here.

Are you talking about the precincts in in eastern Baltimore near 95 and just to the south of Hering Run Park??

Have some very odd turnout in some of those precincts.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2011, 01:41:48 AM »
« Edited: January 22, 2011, 02:06:59 AM by cinyc »

And the median family size in those precincts is what?

Torie gave you the correct answer 2 years ago - schools.  On average, married parents with children are more Republican-leaning than single parents or single folks.  They are more likely to move to suburbs with good schools.  Parents who remain in a city with crappier schools tend to be either poorer and more Democratic-leaning, rich enough to send their kids to private school and more Democratic-leaning or parents of pre-schoolers.

Edited to add:  Smash255 also asked a good question.  To which precincts are you referring?  I don't know much about the political demography of Baltimore, but some areas, even if white, probably are more Jewish/Catholic/whatever ethnic group/more college-like or closer to hospitals than areas just across the county line.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2011, 03:40:25 AM »

Looking a bit further into it if I was correct in the area I was talking about, as I said a few precincts in the area have turnout and population that simply don't match, I did find one precinct where the turnout numbers match up with population (26-16)  The Armistead Gardens section of Baltimore  It was 82% white and went 98% for Obama.  Nothing stands out ethnicity or age wise that would make it so strongly for Obama, ethnicity seems to be mostly German and Irish.  Age is evenly spread out though leans a bit older (35% over 65).  However, the area does seem to be quite poor.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2011, 03:57:54 AM »

lolBRTD
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2011, 08:26:50 PM »

Looking a bit further into it if I was correct in the area I was talking about, as I said a few precincts in the area have turnout and population that simply don't match, I did find one precinct where the turnout numbers match up with population (26-16)  The Armistead Gardens section of Baltimore  It was 82% white and went 98% for Obama.  Nothing stands out ethnicity or age wise that would make it so strongly for Obama, ethnicity seems to be mostly German and Irish.  Age is evenly spread out though leans a bit older (35% over 65).  However, the area does seem to be quite poor.

The partisanship data for Baltimore on Dave's Redistricting is badly messed up for whatever reason. He has some black-majority precincts voting narrowly for Obama, or even for McCain. It just needs to be fixed. (The Maryland data outside of Baltimore City seems to be fine.)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »

Oh my God! Another BRTD poll mentioning the suburbs! I don't know why he feels that whether someone lives in the suburbs is an issue , but this is getting ridiculous.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2011, 06:00:04 PM »

The partisanship data for Baltimore on Dave's Redistricting is badly messed up for whatever reason. He has some black-majority precincts voting narrowly for Obama, or even for McCain. It just needs to be fixed. (The Maryland data outside of Baltimore City seems to be fine.)

In at least one of the McCain black majority districts, the turnout numbers are extremely low, so to start I was thinking either screw up in the data or perhaps a jail or something.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2011, 06:09:20 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2011, 06:17:54 PM by phknrocket1k »

No. Plenty of Democrats live in suburbs.

Fairfax, Loudon and the rest of NoVA
Broward, Palm Beach, Non-Cuban parts of Miami-Dade County outside of Miami
St. Louis County
SE Penn ex. Philadelphia
Northern New Jersey
Clark (Las Vegas)
The Bay Area ex. San Francisco, Oakland, etc. is still fairly Democratic.
Most parts of LA County not in the City of Los Angeles itself
Portland Suburbia
Seattle Suburbia

Granted the GOP %'s are elevated when compared to the city core.

It does seem to be the greatest polarization in the urban/suburban voting patterns occurs in Midwestern states. Milwaukee, Chicago ex. 2008/2012, Minneapolis-St. Paul.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2011, 06:50:48 PM »

No. Plenty of Democrats live in suburbs.

Fairfax, Loudon and the rest of NoVA
Broward, Palm Beach, Non-Cuban parts of Miami-Dade County outside of Miami
St. Louis County
SE Penn ex. Philadelphia
Northern New Jersey
Clark (Las Vegas)
The Bay Area ex. San Francisco, Oakland, etc. is still fairly Democratic.
Most parts of LA County not in the City of Los Angeles itself
Portland Suburbia
Seattle Suburbia

Granted the GOP %'s are elevated when compared to the city core.

It does seem to be the greatest polarization in the urban/suburban voting patterns occurs in Midwestern states. Milwaukee, Chicago ex. 2008/2012, Minneapolis-St. Paul.

Prince George's, Montgomery Maryland
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2011, 08:12:45 PM »

Judge for yourself. (Which isn't necessarily to say that I judge that your expectations will be disproven; I honestly don't know what constitutes "very polarized" Tongue)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies