What percentage of the vote will Obama lose because of the following "issues"?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:03:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  What percentage of the vote will Obama lose because of the following "issues"?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What percentage of the vote will Obama lose because of the following "issues"?  (Read 4781 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 10, 2008, 11:46:33 PM »

-Him refusing public funding.
-His old campaign logo looking too much like the Presidential seal.
-Giving his acceptance speech in a stadium.
-Those "bitter" comments made 4 months ago (and almost 9 months before the election.)
-The DNC FL/MI crisis that even Hillary accepted the resolution on and no one outside of Hillary is 44 cares about anymore.

Based on the attention on this forum on would be led to believe these are the top issues of the election.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 11:49:05 PM »

He will lose:

1) 0.003%
2) 0.00000001%
3) -0.1%
4) 0.08%
5) 0.0003%
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 11:50:31 PM »

-Those "bitter" comments made 4 months ago (and almost 9 months before the election.)

So McCain's "100 years in Iraq" comments won't be an issue, right?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 11:52:04 PM »

So McCain's "100 years in Iraq" comments won't be an issue, right?

Those are kind of easy to keep bringing up through ads and whatnot (much like Kerry's "I voted for the $87 billion before I voted against it."). McCain would look rather petty to do so in this case.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 11:52:45 PM »

I forgot to mention what percentage in Ohio and Colorado are going to vote against Obama out of disgust at his arrogance for campaigning in North Dakota and Alaska.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 11:54:50 PM »

I forgot to mention what percentage in Ohio and Colorado are going to vote against Obama out of disgust at his arrogance for campaigning in North Dakota and Alaska.

J.J.?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 11:55:08 PM »

Not when it can gain him votes with skeptical blue collar voters (especially those in the area that Obama focused on when he made these comments).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 11:55:32 PM »

0.3% and 0.08%, respectively.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 11:57:59 PM »

People who cite these events as reasons they aren't voting for Obama wouldn't vote for him under any circumstances.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 11:58:17 PM »

J.J.?

More Duke.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 12:01:31 AM »

Not when it can gain him votes with skeptical blue collar voters (especially those in the area that Obama focused on when he made these comments).

That had such a huge effect on the PA primary after all. Considering that Hillary won by what you claimed earlier was the absolutely minimum she could win PA by (someone made a comment about how she might get a win by 9 points and you replied "She's winning PA by at least 9.")

Man that post just me feel good reminding me of how we deleted that stupid whore and your beloved goddess who you claimed I was going to have to support with such certainty. Ah, awesome!
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 12:03:45 AM »

That had such a huge effect on the PA primary after all. Considering that Hillary won by what you claimed earlier was the absolutely minimum she could win PA by (someone made a comment about how she might get a win by 9 points and you replied "She's winning PA by at least 9.")

Man that post just me feel good reminding me of how we deleted that stupid whore and your beloved goddess who you claimed I was going to have to support with such certainty. Ah, awesome!

That's kind of a dickish thing to say.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 12:06:10 AM »

Much like any comment Phil made about Democrats having to support Hillary circa 2007.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 12:18:34 AM »

His decline of public financing was really spun by the media due to a lack of stories. It only hurts him because he was sort of hypocritical (according to the media) by stating earlier he would take public financing. I know he never promised to commit to public financing, but he said that he would if McCain did and I think some people may have a less thrilled opinion of Obama.

"Bittergate" probably won't hurt Obama anymore so than it already has. He has lost several voters now because of it, but I don't think they will necessarily vote for McCain either. The people who would have taken offense to the comment probably would never have voted for Obama to begin with.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 12:18:49 AM »

Is that surprising to you?

Anyway, BRTD, it only takes a few thousand of those people to stay home or switch their vote to swing 21 electoral votes my guy's way. Just remember that. And keep up that arrogant attitude, too!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 12:21:20 AM »

Is that surprising to you?

Anyway, BRTD, it only takes a few thousand of those people to stay home or switch their vote to swing 21 electoral votes my guy's way. Just remember that. And keep up that arrogant attitude, too!

See my point about Hillary's 9 point margin of victory.

(And according to polls it's going to be more than a "few" thousand.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 12:23:53 AM »

(And according to polls it's going to be more than a "few" thousand.)

Damn! I hope McCain can make up that margin before next week's election!

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 12:25:11 AM »

OK, now respond to the point about Hillary's 9-point margin of victory.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 12:26:04 AM »

Oh, who cares?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 12:28:48 AM »

Uh, what am I responding to? My prediction that it would be at least a nine point victory? OMG I WAS WRONG!!!11 Now go whack off to that, Zachy. I know you didn't get much action tonight.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 12:37:25 AM »

Uh, what am I responding to? My prediction that it would be at least a nine point victory? OMG I WAS WRONG!!!11 Now go whack off to that, Zachy. I know you didn't get much action tonight.

No you weren't wrong actually. My point being then that Obama did the absolute maximum he could do in PA.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 12:44:36 AM »

No you weren't wrong actually. My point being then that Obama did the absolute maximum he could do in PA.

And that's not that great when it's still almost a double digit loss.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 01:07:48 AM »

Which is moot at this point because Obama is the nominee.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 10:53:43 AM »

But not a moot point when that's still a wide enough margin to include plenty of people that absolutely won't vote for Obama and can have a great impact in a swing state.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 11:51:08 PM »

But not a moot point when that's still a wide enough margin to include plenty of people that absolutely won't vote for Obama and can have a great impact in a swing state.

And it's not showing up in polls. (Watch Phil resort to the Bradley Effect excuse again.)
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies