War between Iran and Israel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:14:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  War between Iran and Israel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: War between Iran and Israel  (Read 5446 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 02:52:58 PM »

Afghanistan and Iraq are merely launching platforms for attacks against Iran. Why do you think the US wants bases in Iraq? Certainly not for the scenery, weather or to protect the tourist industry.

well, one can only hope, because using Iraq as a launching pad was always my goal for invading Iraq:

I supported this current invasion into Iraq because I thought it was a stepping stone into Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Iran.  I never would have supported it knowing Iraq was the first and last stop on the tour.

and

If I were Pres, I would have played hit and run all through the middle east...in the followinig order:

1) Iraq
2) Iran
3) Syria

I wouldn't have tried to establish Democracy, I simply would have destroyed all their armies.

---

I vote "No", not in the way Bush did it, and not with Bush's intentions of trying to establish Democracy in Iraq.  I simply would have knocked their jocks in the dirt and let them pick up the pieces.

...and I supported the invasion of Iraq in 2002, months before it happened, because I believed the stories I was reading about Bush's intentions:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You sir are a true fascist.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2008, 02:54:24 PM »

He's a theocrat not a fascist.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »

I know convinced due to today's spike Israel is responsible for high gas prices, yet we keep supporting these bastards
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 04:38:48 PM »

I know convinced due to today's spike Israel is responsible for high gas prices, yet we keep supporting these bastards

something tells me you three have a lot in common
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2008, 04:42:21 PM »

something tells me you three have a lot in common

Yeah we put the interests of America before Israel.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 04:54:35 PM »

The US destroyed and occupied Iran before - 1954 through the end of the Shah's regime.  The Iranians threw off those shackles to declare independence and fight back against the Empire.  My point is that even if fascist and theocrats like jmfcst have their way, people keep fighting for their lives and dignity, and that history shows us that as brutal, ruthless, and powerful the Empire is, resistance is possible.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2008, 08:16:31 PM »

The US destroyed and occupied Iran before - 1954 through the end of the Shah's regime.  The Iranians threw off those shackles to declare independence and fight back against the Empire.  My point is that even if fascist and theocrats like jmfcst have their way, people keep fighting for their lives and dignity, and that history shows us that as brutal, ruthless, and powerful the Empire is, resistance is possible.

Bulls**t.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2008, 09:03:32 PM »

Could Israel and Iran have a "war" with each other? I mean they're pretty far apart, they couldn't exactly invade one another. I think their war would consist of fighter jets and missile attacks.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2008, 11:38:14 PM »

God I hope you're not kidding.  If you're kidding it's nowhere near as funny as it is if you are serious.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2008, 11:48:46 PM »

It's not all about oil like the lefts been saying for years?

Of course it is. Why else would America target Iran?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2008, 12:45:14 AM »

To kick start Armageddon?  Because the Jews told us to?  Imperialsim?  Bush has a hard on for war?  The defense industry is tricking us?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2008, 03:40:11 AM »

Bulls**t.

Are you unfamiliar with the history of US intervention in Iran?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2008, 06:42:14 AM »

Bulls**t.

Okay, I don't agree with opebo's rhetoric, but I have to question what you're calling 'Bulls**t' here. It is true that the USA sponsored a coup in Iran in 1954 to reinstate the Shah and end the rule of Mossadegh (or Mossadiq, however you prefer to spell it) who was tilting more toward the Soviet Union and had expelled British and American oil workers from Iran. I wouldn't go so far as to call 1979 a push for 'independence' from the 'Empire' but it is true that the Shah's power had been reinstated less by the grace of God than by the grace of the USA.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2008, 10:23:03 AM »

My point is that even if fascist and theocrats like jmfcst have their way, people keep fighting for their lives and dignity, and that history shows us that as brutal, ruthless, and powerful the Empire is, resistance is possible.

Resistance is possible...

Which one?

Russia...?
China...?
Al-qaeda...?

Are these ones the resistances you promote against something brutal and ruthless?

Let us be serious, power always means "brutal and ruthless", the opposite is the exception. Principles, rules, are just here or to give an orientation to the brutality of the power or to attenuate it...
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2008, 11:35:31 AM »

Bulls**t.

Okay, I don't agree with opebo's rhetoric, but I have to question what you're calling 'Bulls**t' here. It is true that the USA sponsored a coup in Iran in 1954 to reinstate the Shah and end the rule of Mossadegh (or Mossadiq, however you prefer to spell it) who was tilting more toward the Soviet Union and had expelled British and American oil workers from Iran. I wouldn't go so far as to call 1979 a push for 'independence' from the 'Empire' but it is true that the Shah's power had been reinstated less by the grace of God than by the grace of the USA.

It is mostly his rhetoric, such as saying the US destroyed and occupied Iran.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2008, 03:15:19 PM »

To kick start Armageddon?  Because the Jews told us to?  Imperialsim?  Bush has a hard on for war?  The defense industry is tricking us?

Neocon fascists. Also the defense industry does need government help from time to time but I would think Iraq accomplished that. And no it is not the Jews fault.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2008, 04:20:22 PM »

My point is that even if fascist and theocrats like jmfcst have their way, people keep fighting for their lives and dignity, and that history shows us that as brutal, ruthless, and powerful the Empire is, resistance is possible.

Which one?

Russia...?
China...?
Al-qaeda...?

Are these ones the resistances you promote against something brutal and ruthless?

None of the above.  I was thinking of Iranians who brought about a successful revolution in 1979, ending their country's subjection to the Empire.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2008, 06:01:49 PM »

Oil.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2008, 08:07:09 PM »

Oil.
sbane thinks it's neo-cons/fascists, I guess you both could be right.  What's his name still thinks it's the Jews, but to be fair, he thinks that about a lot of different things.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2008, 04:12:56 PM »

Which one?

Russia...?
China...?
Al-qaeda...?

None of the above.  I was thinking of Iranians who brought about a successful revolution in 1979, ending their country's subjection to the Empire.

And so, you, you like everything what is done against "the Empire", am I right?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2008, 04:22:55 PM »

Oil.

Let's imagine US target Iran, win, and make a friend state of it. Wouldn't a war with it have just put the world economy down (to speak politely), because of the price of oil which would reach the sky (by rockets!)? US would have won Iranian oil but would have lost world economy. Is that a stupid reflexion? If ever no one would have it or would care about it at White House we can expect for a hard future to come...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2008, 05:35:54 PM »

The US isn't worried about Iranian oil, but Iranian nukes.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies