Have you ever flew First Class or Business Class on a commercial jet before?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 11:43:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever flew First Class or Business Class on a commercial jet before?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Have you?
International First Class

Business Class (the Middle Class on a 3-class plane)

Nope

I never can afford/never been to even get on the plane!

Commercial Flight?  that. I am a wealthy aristrocrat(businessman, senior professional,entertainer,politician) and can fly alone. I also can afford to eat 30 meals, but keep my girlish figure through the vomitorium.

Domestic First Class

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Have you ever flew First Class or Business Class on a commercial jet before?  (Read 8019 times)
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2008, 07:34:52 PM »

That he's rich and out of touch as his denying that newark/detroit are poor shows.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »

That he's rich and out of touch as his denying that newark/detroit are poor shows.

No he never said Newark/Detroit were not poor. He was saying that the poverty in Dhaka is way more intense than in American slums. I mean American slums actually have buildings, running water and toilets. Cannot say that about many slums around the world.
Conan
conan

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2008, 06:26:07 PM »

No he never said Newark/Detroit were not poor. He was saying that the poverty in Dhaka is way more intense than in American slums. I mean American slums actually have buildings, running water and toilets. Cannot say that about many slums around the world.
Not all of them do. Also, see below.

I don't want to read 3 pages of stuff. What are we talking about now?

How Newark, New Jersey isn't actually poor.
Well that's just one thing trying to find out if an area is poor by reading census statistics will not tell you. No one cares about Dhaka. Everyone is so rich and happy in America! The gold plated fountains of Newark run with Cristal and everyone drives there Bentley to their jobs at Goldman Sachs. Yes, while you prob can't find diversity in wealth in Dhaka, which is irrelevent, that does not mean Newark doesn't contain poverty. You should spend less time visiting dumps around the world, and try visiting downtrodden areas at home.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2009, 10:22:10 PM »

Once -I think that may have been a 747 flight from Tokyo to Seattle.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2009, 10:50:30 PM »

Yes, a few times.  My dad travels far too much for business so sometimes he's been a part of the "Platinum Elite" rewards thing in Northwest, which means that sometimes he got free upgrades for him and a family member.  Unfortunately he's only "Gold Elite" this year, so now there's only an upgrade for him and no one else Sad

...SO I SNEER AT YOU COMMUNIST SOUTHWEST FLIERS AND YOUR COMMUNIST WAYS. PETTY PEASANTS.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2009, 05:48:08 AM »

No, and I doubt I ever will. The equation is ridiculous. You pay $2000 extra for a moderately more comfortable experience for 14 hours, or you have $2000 with which to extend your travel by a fortnight to a month.

Seriously, if you don't fly economy class, you're a spoiled douche who has his priorities wrong.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2009, 11:04:26 AM »

Yes, a few times.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2009, 11:13:46 AM »

I fly quite a bit as it is.....and the cost does add up. I wouldn't be able to go back and forth between the U.S. and Germany twice a year if I weren't willing to fly economy.

That said, I don't see the point in flying anything but economy (well....depends how much money you have, I guess......I might too if I were a millionaire Smiley), but the cost isn't really worth it.

An economy ticket from Frankfurt to St. Louis can cost anywhere between €450 and €650 in most cases.

Business could be €2000 or so....and First Class would be at least €5000 or €6000.

Seriously, what's the point?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2009, 12:04:07 PM »

No, and I doubt I ever will. The equation is ridiculous. You pay $2000 extra for a moderately more comfortable experience for 14 hours, or you have $2000 with which to extend your travel by a fortnight to a month.

Seriously, if you don't fly economy class, you're a spoiled douche who has his priorities wrong.

Hughento, you have to keep in mind that $2,000 to many rich people is like the coins in your pocket are to you - essentially nothing.

An economy ticket from Frankfurt to St. Louis can cost anywhere between €450 and €650 in most cases.

You fly to St. Louis?  Bizarre.  I bet not many Europeans do that.  What the hell's in St Louis?  Well I guess it makes Germany look pretty damned good when you get back.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2009, 12:21:09 PM »

No. Huge waste of money. Although I do recall being bumped up into first class once as a kid, but that hardly counts given that we paid for coach seats.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2009, 12:21:47 PM »

You fly to St. Louis?  Bizarre.  I bet not many Europeans do that.  What the hell's in St Louis?  Well I guess it makes Germany look pretty damned good when you get back.

I'm only half-European, opebo. My mother, grandpa, uncle, and other family live in the area Smiley

And that second assumption is incorrect Wink
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2009, 12:50:04 PM »

Franzl, when are you next visiting the United States?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2009, 12:51:18 PM »

And that second assumption is incorrect Wink

Wow, in that case Germany must suck.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2009, 12:52:54 PM »

probably this summer for several weeks.

Boy do I love Midwestern summers Smiley
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2009, 12:56:31 PM »

I love Midwestern Summers also. Hot and humid is how I like it!

I can hook you up with Liquor if you need this summer. haha
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2009, 12:58:14 PM »

And no, I have never flown first class. I do not believe in that.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2009, 12:58:42 PM »

That's not a bad idea Wink

Yeah I really do miss those 90 degree humid days.....you don't really get them too often here.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2009, 01:01:35 PM »

That's not a bad idea Wink

Yeah I really do miss those 90 degree humid days.....you don't really get them too often here.

Yeah, just come to my store.. just bring someone with you who looks well over 21.

I will be the white guy who yells at everyone...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2009, 05:45:51 PM »

No, but I've flown several times very comfortably in economy.

I've ridden first class in trains.. which pretty much means nothing in Europe and a lot more in the U.S.

On Amtrak, first class was our own train car for the family with beds, bathroom/shower, and meal service.

And train food doesn't suck nearly as bad.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2009, 06:30:03 PM »

I flew business class on United Airlines from Washington DC to London over the summer. On the way back though I had to fly in economy because United demanded $5,000 for a business class seat and it was quite anuncomfortable ride. I should have flown British Airways, BMI or Aer Lingus instead.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2009, 08:19:17 PM »

I flew business class on Air France Montreal Dorval to Paris CDG a number of times, mostly due to the fact that my mom still has connections with some of her former travel employees in Montreal. One of which works for Air France. I haven't been upgraded recently, mainly since that said person moved to a office job.

I haven't flown recently, though my dad often gets upgrades to business on Riyadh-Paris legs since he has a high ranking in the fidelity program and the business class is often empty on that flight. Not that business on Riyadh-Paris is anything special, it's business class on a Airbus 319 so it's basically economy class with double legroom. In August, when he came to meet me in Paris, he was in business class but he threw up and crapped a lot on the flight since he had eaten disgusting restaurant food before leaving in Riyadh.

Air France business and first class is miles, miles better than economy junk class, though even that has improved slightly.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2009, 09:38:14 PM »

Business on a Northwest Singapore -> Hong Kong -> SFO route...on a flight that long on an American carrier, it was worth it.

Once was able to upgrade to business for the neighborhood of $10 on a San Diego -> Seattle flight.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies