Jeremiah Wright vs texaslefty vs CARLHAYDEN (Dem Primary)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:15:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Jeremiah Wright vs texaslefty vs CARLHAYDEN (Dem Primary)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Wright

Lefty

Hayden

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: Jeremiah Wright vs texaslefty vs CARLHAYDEN (Dem Primary)  (Read 2336 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 10:06:50 PM »

Well, I do know 90% of the "independents" on this site are really Democrats, but I didn't think Sam Spade and CARL were two of them. I am skeptical of your statement.

Spade lives in Brooklyn. Being a Republican there would mean that showing up for the primary to vote would be a meaningless exercise, and that you are basically dis-enfranchised, since the choice every time as to who is elected will be in the Dem primary (except possibly for US president).

Just as a rule, I like to vote in primaries and have some say so in elections.  If I was in a hyper-GOP area, I would be registered Republican.  In Texas, I could be a switch-hitter Tongue.  I don't like registering as an Independent, even though my voting habits are much more independent than real Independents.  Smiley

Pretty much all Brooklyn contests have been run by the Democratic machine since the beginning of time, so my choices here are pretty limited.

I don't pretend to be moderate or centrist, even though my views end up being that way, with some extreme position here and there.  Nor am I concerned about being Independent or seeming to balance everything by picking some positions on this side and some positions on the other (like you're at a buffet table).  What I am interested in and what I prize most strongly is "independent thinking".  Much more important than a person's place on the ideological spectrum.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 10:09:04 PM »

I used to hate CARLHAYDEN, but have warmed up to him now that he's moved on past hating Mexicans and on to the McCain bashing.

that's no reason to like somebody.  it just represents what is most prominent in the news (and in minds) at a given point in time.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies