China razes Mosque ...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:39:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  China razes Mosque ...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: China razes Mosque ...  (Read 6539 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2008, 01:55:19 PM »

Ok, fine.  Not ALL authoritarians are bad.  All authoritarian governments are bad.

But again, in what way can a corporation be authoritarian against their customers?
Who spoke of customers?
Although there are myriad petty ways, of course, if you have sufficient market power which, admittedly, is quite a lot of market power. That wasn't my point though. I'm entirely interested in the internal workings of large companies here - since your description of China supposed to prove its communism sounded nothing like a communist country but a lot like a description of big business.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2008, 03:06:55 PM »

But how are people harmed if a company is run like a dictatorship?  Who cares how Ford runs it's internals, unless, of course you work for Ford, but I'm pretty most of their employee's are there voluntarily.

(and I'm not arguing that China is Communist, I'm arguing it's NOT Capitalist.  The Chinese will argue that they are Communist though.)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2008, 04:40:28 PM »

But how are people harmed if a company is run like a dictatorship?  Who cares how Ford runs it's internals, unless, of course you work for Ford, but I'm pretty most of their employee's are there voluntarily.

Perhaps those who drove the Ford Pinto disagree.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2008, 05:13:59 PM »

Are you serious?
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2008, 08:26:49 PM »

Lewis -- Do you have any (workable) alternatives to corporations existing or not?(Communism was tried and proved to fail)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2008, 04:33:45 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2008, 06:07:39 AM by tsionebreicruoc »

Lewis -- Do you have any (workable) alternatives to corporations existing or not?(Communism was tried and proved to fail)

Well, I think here's an interesting point. Now, there are just corporations, and so they can be authoritarian.

The way in which I find that corporations can be authoritarian is that the job policy is in their hands. They choose who work and where, and according to such or such country, they choose for which price. The work is the base of a human society, if you largely control the work, don't you largely control how work a society? Even if there are a lot of different companies in different countries, they all work on the same model, the current one, which give them a large power on a human society by work, and globalization increases that a lot: "Shut up or I go to China". And once in China: "That's fine, everybody shut up here". You wanna work? Shut up.

So, maybe we can't say corporations are authoritarian, but the current economic model which gives so much power to corporations is authoritarian to workers.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies