Which metro areas will Obama carry the suburbs of? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:11:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Which metro areas will Obama carry the suburbs of? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which metro areas will Obama carry the suburbs of?  (Read 28257 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: January 03, 2009, 12:38:06 PM »

Oh come on, J.J.'s comment was in JUNE, a lot of places were still up in the air, especially suburbs.  I hate this stupid after-the-fact crap, it's so childish.

Take a look at whose making an issue out of it and then ask yourself if you're really surprised. And it's always easily justified! "I was right all along. They never were in play." They love that Monday morning quarterbacking...until they make a bad call.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 12:54:44 PM »

Oh come on, J.J.'s comment was in JUNE, a lot of places were still up in the air, especially suburbs.  I hate this stupid after-the-fact crap, it's so childish.

Take a look at whose making an issue out of it and then ask yourself if you're really surprised. And it's always easily justified! "I was right all along. They never were in play." They love that Monday morning quarterbacking...until they make a bad call.

There was never any reason to believe Obama would lose suburban Philly based on polling (even if McCain was slightly ahead that would still equal a victory for Obama) or the double digit swings in them that would be necessary to win them (Except for Bucks). Even you weren't predicting that when you predicted a McCain victory in the state. Of course J. J.'s logic was probably completely on the whole idea that everyone who voted for Hillary in the primary would vote for McCain, remember how he talked about Obama had a huge problem in MontCo? Even you admitted that was ridiculous and that Obama would win MontCo in a walk.

Early on, many people expected those counties to be fairly close. Plenty of analysts spoke about the Philly suburbs as a swing area. Stop being disingenuous.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 04:02:13 PM »

There was never any reason to believe Obama would lose suburban Philly based on polling (even if McCain was slightly ahead that would still equal a victory for Obama) or the double digit swings in them that would be necessary to win them (Except for Bucks). Even you weren't predicting that when you predicted a McCain victory in the state. Of course J. J.'s logic was probably completely on the whole idea that everyone who voted for Hillary in the primary would vote for McCain, remember how he talked about Obama had a huge problem in MontCo? Even you admitted that was ridiculous and that Obama would win MontCo in a walk.

Early on, many people expected those counties to be fairly close. Plenty of analysts spoke about the Philly suburbs as a swing area. Stop being disingenuous.

And analysts are full of crap. See Dick Morris. I remember even you saying McCain had no chance in MontCo.

Yes, because all analysts are like Dick Morris. No one is as brilliant as you are, BRTD!

Take a look at whose making an issue out of it
Because one, "ah lol, JJ said it here as well" post is "making an issue out of it"?

One? Really?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 04:11:15 PM »

One in this thread, until you (and Alcon before, although under the wrong assumption that Red had bumped the thread.) made an issue out of it. We're talking a throwaway "lol, here too" comment - It takes a hissy to throw a hissy fit over that. (shrugs) (won't be available for further comment as this is really not worth arguing about.)

I count more than one (BRTD, memphis and brittain) comment that basically dismisses any idea of the Philly suburbs being in play as foolish but whatever, friend.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 04:31:41 PM »

But, well, the others involved were even less deserving of your hissy fit.

The only thing worse than a hissy fit is when people assume you're throwing one but, again, whatever.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 12:00:34 AM »

I don't know why Phil is so sensitive here, it's not like he's the one who blew the prediction.

Because you're being ridiculously unfair and you've done it to me before. Get over it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 12:05:02 AM »

Why did even you argue McCain wouldn't win the Philly suburbs then?

...because I didn't think he'd win there. That doesn't mean that I have to harp on it and rub it in J.J.'s face.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't know what I'm supposed to comment on. I said J.J.'s reasoning was weak. Don't know why I have to address it again. Oh, I know why. It's because you like hearing things over and over and over and over...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 12:21:33 AM »

OK fine so you basically agree with me that J. J. is a horrible analyst. You've also admitted this in the past. So why keep up the constant defense of him?

I honestly believe that you have some sort of mental disorder in which you constantly need to hear that you're "right" and that others agree with you. You go as far as to blantantly lie about what people say in order to make it seem like we're in agreement.

No, I didn't say that J.J. is a horrible analyst. I said he was wrong about some things. Stop lying and saying that I've admitted something that I've never admitted.

I defend him because you're a major league douchebag and you feel the need to harp on being "right."

You're a sad, sad person, Zach. Very sad.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 12:26:08 AM »

If picking on J.J. makes you proud of yourself and gives you so much pleasure, you're in desperate need of our prayers.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 12:59:02 AM »

NO ONE cares about your stupid vendettas with EVERY poster about completely reasonable wrong predictions from ridiculous periods of time before the event. 

It's not 'EVERY' poster - it's one poster, J.J, and he's chronically wrong. There comes a point where there is only so much BS you can spew under the facade of being knowledgeable, and J.J has exceeded that breaking point. He deserves to be called out.

And this has been done for months now.

BRTD has an illness. This is beyond obvious. He obsesses over this stuff. He constantly needs to hear how he was right and the people he hates are wrong.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies