Which metro areas will Obama carry the suburbs of? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:08:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Which metro areas will Obama carry the suburbs of? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which metro areas will Obama carry the suburbs of?  (Read 28259 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: June 05, 2008, 07:33:13 PM »

Working class suburbs in LA will vote for Obama. How is the San fernando valley classified because it will vote for Obama too.

The San Fernando Valley is part of the city of LA. The number of GOP towns in LA county is getting shockingly thin (so many old GOP standbys of my relative  youth, like South Pasadena, Glendale, Arcadia, Whittier, Long Beach, the beach cities,  are gone, gone, gone, sob!), but if you define LA suburbs as including Orange County, and Riverside and San Bernadino Counties, then the GOP is in the hunt to carry it overall.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 07:56:03 PM »

The home state bounce might be enough to push Obama over the top, but I think Bush carried every county in the Chicago metro other than Cook, though I'm not sure how the Cook County suburbs voted.

Kerry won the Cook County suburbs:

Kerry 594,928 (58.9%)
Bush 407,867 (40.4%)
Other 6,942 (0.7%)

Bush's margin in the collar counties was only a little over 100,000, about half than what he needed, and less than he'll likely need in 2008.

The demise of the Republican in the Chicago suburbs over the past 15 years or so has just been shocking. If someone has predicted 15 years ago what in fact happened, I would have thought they were some Dem hack on crack.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 09:18:03 PM »

He'll win the Bay Area ones, LA County LA suburbs.

Bush was slaughtered in both, so I think your opinion here is well, incontrovertible. Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies