Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:42:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle  (Read 850266 times)
frihetsivrare
Volksliberalist

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -7.13

« on: August 20, 2008, 11:22:00 PM »

This isn´t surprising, but I voted for only one winner, Doug Ericksen for State House.  I was very impressed with how the Constitution Party did, 3.35%, 6.45% and 6.73%. 

This may have already been stated, but in Legislative district 7 every candidate prefers the Republican Party or GOP Party.  One position had five candidates.  One district in Seattle had all Democratic candidates for one posititon, but one from each major party for the other.
frihetsivrare
Volksliberalist

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 05:26:46 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2010, 05:34:00 PM by frihetsivrare »

I will do the 39th, 40th and 42nd districts, as they are the districts in the area where I live.

39th (most of Skagit, east Whatcom, east Snohomish Counties) : solid Republican in both positions, not worth explaining in detail

40th (south Bellingham, north and west Skagit County, San Juan County)  Position 1: Representative Dave Quall, a Democrat, is retiring this year.  There are 8 candidates running to replace him.  The probable Republican to advance past the primary is Mike Newman.  The Democrats are Tom Pasma and Justin van Dyk.  Doug Revelle is running under the Happiness Party label.  lean Republican
Position 2: Incumbent Jeff Morris will probably face Republican John Swapp in the general election.  Green Party member Howard Pellett is also running in the primary.  Tossup

42nd (Whatcom County not covered by the 40th and 39th)  Position 1: Incumbent representative Doug Eriksen is retiring to run for the Senate.  The Democrats in the primary are Al Jensen and Whatcom County businessman Richard May.  The Republicans are Jason Overstreet and Michael Smith, teacher at the high school I attended.  Farmer Craig Mayberry is running as an Independent.  Tossup
Position 2: Republican Vincent Buys is challenging incumbent Democrat Kelli Linville.  lean Democrat
frihetsivrare
Volksliberalist

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 03:17:48 PM »

I have my ballot as well.

My votes:
U.S. Senate: Clint Didier (R)
U.S. House: John Carmack (R)
42nd LD Senate: Doug Ericksen (R)
42nd LD House Position 1: Richard May (D)
Position 2: Vincent Buys (R)
Whatcom County Council: Tony Larson (Non-partisan)
Supreme Court: Richard Sanders and Stan Rumbaugh (Non-partisan)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies