Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:40:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle  (Read 850161 times)
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« on: December 02, 2021, 09:51:44 AM »

Only one week to go until the Sawant Recall election.

One the ground here in D3, the Sawant people have been out in force all over the Capitol Hill core.  My Recall Sawant yard sign has been stolen, I put up another one, it got stolen again, I put up another one, it got stolen again, so now I'm on my 4th one, and I bet by the time I finish writing this, it will have been stolen.

Put up a camera and record the car license plate number. 
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 01:07:26 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2021, 01:11:47 PM by StateBoiler »

Only one week to go until the Sawant Recall election.

One the ground here in D3, the Sawant people have been out in force all over the Capitol Hill core.  My Recall Sawant yard sign has been stolen, I put up another one, it got stolen again, I put up another one, it got stolen again, so now I'm on my 4th one, and I bet by the time I finish writing this, it will have been stolen.

Put up a camera and record the car license plate number.

I legitimately looked into this but the Recall campaign said people have already sent them these kinds of videos and they can't do anything with them so there's no point.

Sure, but you can just publicize and kill any career in politics that person wanted to have. If it's a guy working for Sawant's party, it's a bonus for you considering you don't like them.

Lie in wait, have your phone on, guy comes up, start recording. "Hi, you're trespassing my yard. What are you doing removing my sign from it? What's your name? Oh that's a nice Hyundai you have there. I see your license plate number is AK1964." Then put it on social media. Cheesy
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 01:42:59 PM »

The Stranger's headline is funny.

"We Don't F#cking Know what's going to Happen, but it wasn't a Blowout"
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 10:10:04 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2021, 11:50:52 PM by StateBoiler »

So reading up on the grassroots voting centers setup ad hoc all around where a person can help you print your ballot that second and submit - alongside Byron Brown's stamps distributed for write-in, pretty innovative political idea - but how do you enforce the state's ban on electioneering at voting centers in such a place?

Seattle Times update tonight:

The effort to recall Seattle City Councilmember Kshama Sawant lost significant ground in Wednesday’s ballot count, with 50.3% of voters agreeing to remove her from office, compared to 53% of the votes counted on Tuesday.

With Wednesday’s count, Sawant has narrowed the difference to only 246 votes, out of the 39,274 counted so far. She received 62% of the votes counted on Wednesday.

King County Elections Chief of Staff Kendall Hodson said Wednesday the county estimates there are about 1,200 ballots left to be counted on Thursday and an additional 656 ballots with signature challenges that could be resolved and added to the count as late as Dec. 16, putting the overall turnout at just over 53%.

So to overturn the 246 vote deficit from just the 1200, would require Sawant winning about 60% of them.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 08:27:01 AM »

If the city really wanted to screw her, make municipal elections carry ballot labels.

Also wouldn't surprise me they redistrict and hurts her.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies