Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:23:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252
Author Topic: Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle  (Read 847893 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6150 on: May 21, 2022, 01:10:22 AM »

Filing deadline passed today. Some tidbits:

1) Patty Murray's (irrelevant) opponents include both a "Trump Republican" and a "JFK Republican" (lol).

2) Mark Miloscia jumped into the SoS race. I think there's a good chance he and Wagoner split the vote, and we end up with a D vs. I race.

3) Three members/associates of the "Election Integrity Party" filed in LD 32, plus at least two more in other LDs. Members of the "MAGA Republican" and "America First (R)" parties also appear.  Some more imaginative party names include "The Elven Way Party" in LD 5 and the "Congress Sucks Party" in WA-10.

4) I will not have a primary opponent.
Seattle
United States

« Reply #6151 on: May 23, 2022, 04:07:41 PM »

Best of luck with your campaign! If only your type of candidates could run in places like LD-2, LD-12, LD-25, LD-26, LD-31, and LD-39.... LD-44 is very likely too far of an uphill climb for an R to win in a post-Roe environment. But who knows.

Interesting factoid. All 3 legislators from LD-44 are Black - only the second time that has occurred in WA. Plus the district is just 3.7% Black - 63% white.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6152 on: June 16, 2022, 12:52:41 AM »

Approval Voting is coming to Washington

Dear god, approval voting is nothing but gobbledygook confusion. Who in their right minds thinks this is a good idea?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6153 on: June 16, 2022, 01:03:58 AM »

Best of luck with your campaign! If only your type of candidates could run in places like LD-2, LD-12, LD-25, LD-26, LD-31, and LD-39.... LD-44 is very likely too far of an uphill climb for an R to win in a post-Roe environment. But who knows.

Interesting factoid. All 3 legislators from LD-44 are Black - only the second time that has occurred in WA. Plus the district is just 3.7% Black - 63% white.

I'm pretty confident the WA results for 2022 will result in Dems controlling both chambers but with relatively embarrassing majorities given the topline politics of the state.

The main issue for the GOP is that in both chambers, their path through victory runs through Biden + 20ish suburban seats, many of which have D incumbents. None of these districts have had shifts particuarly good for the GOP, and don't have as much turnout dropoff potential to favour the GOP.

I will say though Republicans performance in the Washington legislature has been historically relatively strong considering, but this has waned more in recent cycles.

Likely D for both chambers, though virtually no chance of winning a supermajority this year.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6154 on: June 16, 2022, 01:09:17 AM »

Dear god, approval voting is nothing but gobbledygook confusion. Who in their right minds thinks this is a good idea?

Politicians will become even more of robotic cowards.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #6155 on: June 16, 2022, 03:56:31 PM »

Approval isn't awful, it actually has some advantages over  RCV in single winner elections. I do prefer RCV to it. STAR also is a really nice hybrid of the two but its pretty fringe and hard to explain.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6156 on: June 17, 2022, 10:36:17 AM »

Approval isn't awful, it actually has some advantages over  RCV in single winner elections. I do prefer RCV to it. STAR also is a really nice hybrid of the two but its pretty fringe and hard to explain.
Approval voting is literally the worst idea of all time, and the fact some techbro loser is sponsoring it makes it a given.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6157 on: June 18, 2022, 12:23:14 PM »

Will Kreidler resign or will he stubbornly push through? I'm leaning toward the latter.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6158 on: June 18, 2022, 06:49:48 PM »

Will Kreidler resign or will he stubbornly push through? I'm leaning toward the latter.

Such a shame Washington didn't vote for Kreidler's opponent last time round:

I am an autistic savant who has extensive knowledge and the many of the abilities of the President Reagan and President Jefferson Presidencies that I will incorporate into running the O.I.C. externally like the Reagan Administration and Internally (within WA) as the Jefferson Administration. I am the only candidate who has incorporated Specific Roles for Mr. Kriedler and Mr. Welti in the Office of Insurance Commissioner. I will be the External Insurance Commissioner for 60% of the time. Mr. Kriedler and Mr. Welti would each be External Insurance Commissioner for 20% of the time if I am elected Insurance Commissioner. I would fill the roles of Ronald, Nancy and Nixon, and Mr. Kriedler would be assigned the role of Carter and Mr. Welti would be Gerald Ford.

As for Internally, I have found 168 Honorable Insurance Agents all of whom are more qualified then myself to each serve in 1 hour increments as Internal Insurance Commissioners of Washington state. That is how the Jeffersonian movement to Counterbalance and stabilize the Affordable Care Act.

Additionally, I am fully willing and prepared to work with the either the Trump or Biden Administration.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6159 on: June 19, 2022, 11:29:57 AM »

I am an autistic savant who has extensive knowledge and the many of the abilities of the President Reagan and President Jefferson Presidencies that I will incorporate into running the O.I.C. externally like the Reagan Administration and Internally (within WA) as the Jefferson Administration. I am the only candidate who has incorporated Specific Roles for Mr. Kriedler and Mr. Welti in the Office of Insurance Commissioner. I will be the External Insurance Commissioner for 60% of the time. Mr. Kriedler and Mr. Welti would each be External Insurance Commissioner for 20% of the time if I am elected Insurance Commissioner. I would fill the roles of Ronald, Nancy and Nixon, and Mr. Kriedler would be assigned the role of Carter and Mr. Welti would be Gerald Ford.

As for Internally, I have found 168 Honorable Insurance Agents all of whom are more qualified then myself to each serve in 1 hour increments as Internal Insurance Commissioners of Washington state. That is how the Jeffersonian movement to Counterbalance and stabilize the Affordable Care Act.

Additionally, I am fully willing and prepared to work with the either the Trump or Biden Administration.

It's incredibly difficult to recruit candidates to run for Insurance Commissioner, meaning you get hilarious people like Patel stepping up. Insurance companies are banned from contributing to candidates for the office and until recently no one else has cared that much about it. Plus the office is and has been a mess for a while.
Seattle
United States

« Reply #6160 on: June 20, 2022, 03:13:07 PM »

Can he be impeached? Sounds like support is there on both sides of the aisle.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #6161 on: June 20, 2022, 06:23:30 PM »

Olakwandi is that you?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6162 on: July 16, 2022, 12:48:32 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2022, 09:18:32 AM by RI »

Some highlights (or "high"lights) from the voters' guide:

https://voter.votewa.gov/genericvoterguide.aspx?e=876&c=99#/candidates/101451/1546564 (the whole thing, really)

Community Service
lifelong member of the department of Based

Education
Not much

My First Candidates Statement? My Last Words Spoken To The Unjust Tyrants. Your Exigencies Have No Place Before The People. Born and raised in the lowest echelon of Our society, it is a mysterious question for Us. Where does one get the experience needed to Faithfully Execute The Public Trust according to the highest principles of The Declaration Of Independence? Solon Grotius Leibniz Burlamaqui Fontanelle? I propose that We The People use the best of all they offered, and put that to work.

I am, by definition, a Patriot (a word that appears unfamiliar to progressives).

Statement
Trump, America First, USA; Trump, America First, USA; Trump, America First, USA

I speak to all descent people right to stop Dem-Nazi-Fascist-Mob-Bandito now! Stop Dem-Nazi-Fascist-Mob-Bandito revolt regime!

Statement
I am a 21st century Renaissance woman and Alchemist Artist. I have been a Hip Hop Activist for over 25 years. Working across Both sides of the aisle. Positive Transformation in this state requires bridge building and a willingness to listen. I firmly believe in Election integrity, my ancestors fought for it. But before we can get there this State needs to do some self reflecting, and only an Artistic Renaissance can Resurrect this Region. Help it Rise into it's full Phoenix potential.King County's name sake, (Dr. Martin Luther King jr.) is a powerful ancestor, guiding the region away from the dream, and into the  Reality of the need for us all to reflect on the Content of our Character. I'm running to hold the people accountable. Most  Politicians aren't familiar with that concept. If you are a parent, Accountability reigns supreme. I embrace the principles of my ancestors and the Hip Hop Declaration of Peace. I Blaze a trail for the next generation of Artist Activists in honor of my son and my students. I vow to ask myself daily, What would Frederick Douglass Do?

Elected Experience
None, which is an attribute.

Statement
F*** Qanon. F*** Vladimir Putin.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6163 on: August 02, 2022, 10:31:46 AM »

It's primary day. Lots of interesting races. I'm watching the SoS race, WA-03 and WA-04, a bunch of King and SnoCo LD races, and several others. Predictions?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #6164 on: August 02, 2022, 10:39:21 AM »

It's primary day. Lots of interesting races. I'm watching the SoS race, WA-03 and WA-04, a bunch of King and SnoCo LD races, and several others. Predictions?

I predict that you will win !

Good luck Dr. RI
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6165 on: August 02, 2022, 10:47:15 AM »

Dr. RI will probably be the next elected atlas member.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6166 on: August 02, 2022, 11:38:07 AM »

Best of luck in your race!

I’m sticking by my prediction that JHB and Peréz will make the top two in WA-03. I’m guessing Newhouse will get a spot in the top two in WA-04, though I’m not as sure whether Culp or White will get the other spot. The race in my legislative district could be interesting in November, since Gross and Valdez are all but guaranteed to make the top two today.
Seattle
United States

« Reply #6167 on: August 02, 2022, 02:46:14 PM »

This is the first year I can remember that I'll be returning my ballot on election day. Oops! It's been a busy few weeks and given my evening plans it'll be a race to get my ballot to a drop box by 8.

I'll be looking at results for LD-26 (senate), LD-42 (all positions), LD-10 (Dave Paul), and LD-44 (atlasian).

I'm in agreement that WA-3 will be JHB/Perez and Newhouse is fine.

As for the 46th, I like Valdez, but will be voting for Gross + Hadeel Jeanne, even though she's withdrawn from the race (I think she's still on the ballot?). Unsure for Pos 2.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #6168 on: August 02, 2022, 03:25:43 PM »

Dr. RI will probably be the next elected atlas member.
Let’s all hope he doesn’t commit vehicular manslaughter.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6169 on: August 02, 2022, 03:30:04 PM »

for the primaries here, there's still an election in November even if a candidate gets over 50%, correct?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6170 on: August 02, 2022, 03:36:56 PM »

for the primaries here, there's still an election in November even if a candidate gets over 50%, correct?

Yes, the top two go on the general no matter what.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #6171 on: August 02, 2022, 11:37:52 PM »

Is there a reason Democrats left so many seats unopposed in somewhat competitive districts like 12 and 15? Obviously this isn't an easy year for Democrats, but to put up NOBODY? That just seems like a poor judgment. Especially District 15 when Latinos are leaving the party in droves... at least put someone up to run!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6172 on: August 03, 2022, 12:26:13 AM »

Is there a reason Democrats left so many seats unopposed in somewhat competitive districts like 12 and 15? Obviously this isn't an easy year for Democrats, but to put up NOBODY? That just seems like a poor judgment. Especially District 15 when Latinos are leaving the party in droves... at least put someone up to run!
The Dems never not be in Disarray
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6173 on: August 03, 2022, 09:12:12 AM »

Dr. RI, what office are you running for?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6174 on: August 03, 2022, 10:00:23 AM »
« Edited: August 03, 2022, 10:18:44 AM by RI »

Dr. RI, what office are you running for?

State House. Given that Republicans across WA were demolished yesterday, I think I did respectably, but it's highly unlikely I win at this point. Late returns should give me a bump, but I'll probably trail by ~10 (in a Biden +22 district, albeit a high swingy one) when all is said and done.

There were some stunning results yesterday. Carmen Goers, a black Republican endorsed by the Seattle Times and backed by HROC, came in fifth(!) in LD 47, even trailing two other Republicans.

I also suspect people are writing Kent and Culp's obituaries prematurely.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies