Will the US attack Iran soon ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:24:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Will the US attack Iran soon ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will the US attack Iran soon ?  (Read 5507 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: June 11, 2008, 03:21:15 PM »

I doubt that we will attack Iran anytime soon.  Of course, if Israel does declare war on Iran, then we need to join them immediatley

Oh that's a great idea. Not that we have any more important interests to worry about.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 04:49:45 AM »

No.  I wouldn't rule out Israel attempting to knock out Iran's nukes, though. 

If they do that, it may lead to war, which means the US will get involved (hopefully).

Why hopefully? If Iran's mythical nukes are guaranteed to be nonexistent, it's no threat.

True, but if the US gets involved, then we can put a permanent end to the Iranian threat.

which as of now doesn't exist. So it's kind of hard to put an end to it.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 06:18:46 PM »

No.  I wouldn't rule out Israel attempting to knock out Iran's nukes, though. 

If they do that, it may lead to war, which means the US will get involved (hopefully).

Why hopefully? If Iran's mythical nukes are guaranteed to be nonexistent, it's no threat.

True, but if the US gets involved, then we can put a permanent end to the Iranian threat.

which as of now doesn't exist. So it's kind of hard to put an end to it.

I do think Iran poses a threat, and we can end it.

Alternatively, we could avoid more wars by not promising Israel unconditional support. Basically gives them a free pass, thinking they can do anything they want.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 05:14:55 AM »

Alternatively, we could avoid more wars by not promising Israel unconditional support. Basically gives them a free pass, thinking they can do anything they want.

Although I agree with what your saying Franzl, the United States will never turn her back upon their best friend Israel. Why would the United States want to give up their 19 billion dollar per year investment in military aide sent to Israel?

Of course, and it's absolutely unrealistic to think we would. I was just arguing about the principle behind it.

And I agree with sbane, naturally. I would fully support defending Israel if they are attacked by Iran, or anyone else for that matter.

But Ben's orgasmic support of any war Israel might like to start is, frankly, dangerous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies