Non-Mormons in Utah (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:55:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Non-Mormons in Utah (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Non-Mormons in Utah  (Read 18848 times)
cwelsch

« on: August 29, 2004, 05:46:43 AM »

Christianity used to be a cult in Rome when a bunch of cults were going around.  The empire was sorta on the decline, people turned to cults, Christianity was one of them.  Now that they're so big it's easy for Christians to do the same thing Romans did to them.
cwelsch

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 05:49:30 PM »

I believe there's something in the Bible near the end that says nobody can add to it, which would discount the Book of Mormon and the Koran/Qu'ran.
cwelsch

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 11:43:14 PM »

God.  Leave the Mormons alone.  Almost all the ones I've met or seen are super-nice, intelligent, giving people, as well as studious and kind.  What do you care if they thought god was a purple lollipop and Heaven is a small diner outside Albuquerque?  They're mostly very nice folks, and you don't have to live like them.  If they go to Hell that's their beef, not yours.

Their beliefs don't hurt you.
cwelsch

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 12:13:16 AM »

You're getting into insults and being personal about it.  If you have serious doctrinal questions to debate, then leave the insult stuff out of it.  Don't call them a cult or insinuate they are murderers and stuff.  Just focus on the doctrine if that's you interest.

But it strikes me an awful lot as just trying to drag down a group of people for being too different from your group of people.  Which I should expect from a neo-Confederate with a picture of Wallace in his sig, but still.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies