Non-Mormons in Utah (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:25:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Non-Mormons in Utah (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Non-Mormons in Utah  (Read 18862 times)
Brambila
Brambilla

« on: August 28, 2004, 09:58:08 PM »

Naw, I dont think they're a cult. They're definately a religion, at least now.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 05:56:37 PM »

With all due respect to mormons, I don't believe their religion is a "traditional Christian religion". I don't believe they are your typical Protestant sect. They obviously sprang out of Puritanism, which explains their moral lives, and their religious beliefs are a mixture of Christianity and Freemasonry. I consider them Christians, as I don't believe that Christians are constricted to those who follow the trinity exactly, but those who believe that Christ is God, which Mormons believe. Jehovah's Wittnesses now, are a completely different story. They are clearly not Christian, and have very, very, very awkward beliefs, and a VERY strict moral code, that's actually quite strange.

Now why do I say there's a connection between Mormonism and Freemasonry? Joseph Smith was a freemason (and a puritan), and it's likely that it influenced the religion. Afterall, freemasonry has some symbolic beliefs of egyptian Gods, and mythological places, etc.

A lot of people misinterpret Mormon beliefs on becoming God- I believe that their philosophy is the following: Only perfect people can become Gods. However, that can be interpreted in a different way, that rather, God is perfect, and nobody else is. If you were to be perfect, you would be God. Which is reasonable. In Catholicism, for instance, God is LITERALLY all goodness. Now, Catholics obviously believe that Mary was concieved without original sin, and John the Baptist was born without original sin, so we disagree that if you're perfect you become a God, but it's certainly close to logical. Wink

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies