NC: Survey USA: Clinton ahead of McCain by 6%, but Obama is down by 8 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:06:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NC: Survey USA: Clinton ahead of McCain by 6%, but Obama is down by 8 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC: Survey USA: Clinton ahead of McCain by 6%, but Obama is down by 8  (Read 2956 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: May 20, 2008, 06:57:32 PM »

It is really starting to infuriate me the extent to which Obama supporters would support Clinton as the Democratic nominee; yet hers wouldn't support him in equal measure. I see this as tantamount to securing Clinton the nomination by 'blackmail'

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 07:42:53 PM »

It is really starting to infuriate me the extent to which Obama supporters would support Clinton as the Democratic nominee; yet hers wouldn't support him in equal measure. I see this as tantamount to securing Clinton the nomination by 'blackmail'

Dave

Obama supporters are teh black. Teh black always votes Dem. White women on the other hand, are a swing demographic. They always vote the winner. They are like white Catholics, independents, Hispanics, seniors... oh wait, we had this discussion back in February didn't we?

Obama would be the winner of Clinton-inclined demographics supported him to the extent to which his would support her

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 10:13:25 PM »

Of course. It's a given that if I support one candidate in a primary I must support all other candidates in that primary for the general election. Or, at least, if 80% of my preferred candidate's opponent's supporters I must support that opponent for the general election with 80% of myself.

Or, Dave, do you think all the millions of Clinton voters in America should get together and decide which of them are allowed to not vote Obama in the general, so they can match the percentage of Obama supporters saying they would vote Clinton in the general?

My point is that neither Clinton nor Obama supporters - given where the two candidates stand on the issues - should be any more or any less likely to defect to McCain

That's all. Just the thought of either Democrat losing to McCain out of spite or worse (i.e. sexism in relation to Clinton or racism in relation to Obama) on the part of the other's supporters saddens me and polling suggests that, right now, Clinton supporters are more likely to undermine Obama than his would Clinton

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'd have a hard job doing that considering I'm not infatuated with Obama at all, let alone absurdly

You just get back to supporting McCain. I'll be supporting the nominee of the party with whom I identify

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 10:21:03 PM »

I see this as tantamount to securing Clinton the nomination by 'blackmail'

Didn't you mean "securing the nomination by black male" Tongue

Why do you think a working white woman would cast her ballot for a random state legislator from Chicago whose primary accomplishments are "being a community organizer" and defeating perhaps their only chance to see a woman President in their lifetimes?

You expect Republicans to unify behind McCain; I'd like to see Democrats unify behind Obama or Clinton. It matters not in the least to me whether Clinton is a woman or Obama is a black man

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 03:56:44 PM »

You've been head-over-heels in love with Obama rather than Clinton, despite there being no difference between them

Yes, I support Obama enthusiastically. That does not mean to say that I wouldn't support Clinton should she be the Democrat nominee; and yes, I am at significant variance with the Democrats on certain issues but not enough to support McCain. I'm not a conservative

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies