Canadians would vote for Obama by a 4-1 margin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:35:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Canadians would vote for Obama by a 4-1 margin
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadians would vote for Obama by a 4-1 margin  (Read 1653 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:46:01 PM »

Obama: 56%
McCain: 15%

The results were similar among different age groups, genders, income categories, and in every province.

Even in the province where Obama was least popular - Alberta - respondents favoured the Democrat by a 28-point margin over McCain.

The same survey also suggests 65 per cent of Canadians consider the current occupant of the White House, George W. Bush, one of the worst presidents ever - if not the absolute worst.

The survey of 1,000 Canadians was conducted May 15-18 and is considered accurate to within 3.1 percentage points, 19 times in 20.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hLVIuMaMuMCQS_xAvGgg_4ImckvA
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 01:56:34 PM »

It's amazing how much more conservative America is compared to every other industrialized country in the world.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 01:59:08 PM »

It's amazing how much more successful America is compared to every other industrialized country in the world.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 02:07:01 PM »

It's amazing how much more successful America is compared to every other industrialized country in the world.

It depends upon what you're measuring. The middle class is much better off in most other industrialized countries.
jesmo

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 02:12:19 PM »

It's amazing how much more conservative America is compared to every other industrialized country in the world.

Because America is correct on the issues. Main political policy change I would make in the United States is a single payer, universal health care system. Other then that, it is perfectly fine politically.

Now personal habits in the US are absolutely disgusting.

And it is no suprise Canada would vote so overwhelmingly for Obama, they are ignorant.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 02:13:22 PM »

The fact that Kerry led by like 10 points once in a poll of Alberta tells you that there's more than ideology going on here.

(Hint: Alberta is not equally as liberal as California)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 02:14:13 PM »

You are an amazing person, Joe.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 02:24:40 PM »

It's a good thing the opinions of Canadians count in American elections, then, eh?

Eh?

Eh?
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 02:35:02 PM »

Oh crap.  Looks like McCain will have to write off Canada.  How many electoral votes does Canada have anyway?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 02:39:13 PM »

How many electoral votes does Canada have anyway?

51.  Quit being lazy and look these things up yourself.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 02:56:36 AM »

It depends upon what you're measuring. The middle class is much better off in most other industrialized countries.

Correct.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 03:55:13 AM »

So that's why Obama thought there were 57 states....  I wonder which provinces he's leaving out.
Iosif is a COTHO
Mango
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 06:32:28 AM »

I know it's always fun to mock other countries, but I hope most of you do realize that it might actually be beneficial to the U.S to elect a president that the rest of the world actually likes?
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 07:53:03 AM »

Yeah, that's what drives me - what do the Canadians think.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 08:23:57 AM »

I know it's always fun to mock other countries, but I hope most of you do realize that it might actually be beneficial to the U.S to elect a president that the rest of the world actually likes?

I do not know about this forum but 90% of Americans are too self-absorbed in their own country to even realize that.Yet we still act as if the president is the leader of the free world. But of course we do not give a sh**t what the rest of the free world thinks.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 10:32:41 AM »

People in other countries have a skewed perspective on U.S. politics, so it is hard to take their opinions into account.  The same phenomenon occurs in the U.S., where Tony Blair is still a national hero to many Republicans, myself included.  We don't consider their domestic stances when examining political leaders in other countries - we make emotional judgements.

The Republican "brand name", as the term is being thrown around now, is rather poor even in countries that have elected leaders that are more right-wing than ours are.  Admittedly, our own leaders have fed into that with some of our anti-UN, anti-International rhetoric.

I always get a chuckle when UK Conservatives on this board adopt the red avatar...I refused to be judged negatively by members of the Party of Anne Widdecombe.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies