MSNBC: Ted Kennedy has a brain tumor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 04:06:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MSNBC: Ted Kennedy has a brain tumor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: MSNBC: Ted Kennedy has a brain tumor  (Read 6826 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 03:38:31 PM »

This day is for him.  Godspeed, Ted.  If you guys are right and there is an afterlife, I hope that when you finally transfer over, you and Bobby and Jack go out, party, and paint Heaven red.

Of course, he's not dead yet, and I hope he has a great last year in the Senate.  He's a wonderful old man, and lived long enough to put that Chappaquidick nonsense and place himself squarely as one of our greatest statesmen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHc-ExClqw

The dream will never die.
well, he put it better than I would have.

Quite true. Ted Kennedy is the last man left who can truly be associated with 1964, the greatest victory the American left will ever win.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 03:43:27 PM »

This day is for him.  Godspeed, Ted.  If you guys are right and there is an afterlife, I hope that when you finally transfer over, you and Bobby and Jack go out, party, and paint Heaven red.

Of course, he's not dead yet, and I hope he has a great last year in the Senate.  He's a wonderful old man, and lived long enough to put that Chappaquidick nonsense and place himself squarely as one of our greatest statesmen.

Quite true. Ted Kennedy is the last man left who can truly be associated with 1964, the greatest victory the American left will ever win.

1936?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 03:47:59 PM »

1936?

Not even close.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 03:48:37 PM »

1936?

Not even close.

How do you figure?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 04:01:56 PM »

1936?

Not even close.

How do you figure?

Take a look at the results for South Carolina. Tell me those were leftist votes.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 04:19:36 PM »

I can honestly say that, for the first time in my life, I feel bad for him.  That's an awful way to go.

^^^
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 04:42:59 PM »

I just saw Byrd on tv talking about Kennedy...and im pretty sure im crying like a little girl. So sad Sad
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2008, 05:30:40 PM »

I certainly wish for the best possible outcome for Sen. Kennedy. He and his family have done so much for their state and country, yet sadly have dealt with a great deal of tragedy.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 06:54:55 PM »

Terrible
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 07:07:19 PM »

Of course, he's not dead yet, and I hope he has a great last year in the Senate.  He's a wonderful old man, and lived long enough to put that Chappaquidick nonsense and place himself squarely as one of our greatest statesmen.
Well I certainly do not wish a speedy death on him, that statement is absurd.  He does not get a pass on (just for Joe Republic) manslaughter simply because he has lived long and been in the senate.  Just like Byrd does not get a pass for being in the KKK.  When Charlie Manson is on his deathbed are you going to tell me it is great he was able to put that Sharon Tate non-sense behind him and place himself as squarely as one of our greatest Americans?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 07:10:15 PM »

Well I certainly do not wish a speedy death on him, that statement is absurd.  He does not get a pass on (just for Joe Republic) manslaughter simply because he has lived long and been in the senate.  Just like Byrd does not get a pass for being in the KKK.  When Charlie Manson is on his deathbed are you going to tell me it is great he was able to put that Sharon Tate non-sense behind him and place himself as squarely as one of our greatest Americans?

There is a tremendous difference.  Both Byrd and Kennedy have done great things;how dare you compare two great American statesman to a murderder?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008, 07:16:26 PM »

Yet more proof that daddy should stick a padlock on his drinks cabinet
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2008, 07:17:54 PM »

There is a tremendous difference.  Both Byrd and Kennedy have done great things;how dare you compare two great American statesman to a murderder?
Ok, better example, Tookie Williams.  Just because Tookie wrote a children's book does not mean that he did not deserve to be executed.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2008, 07:18:56 PM »

Ok, better example, Tookie Williams.  Just because Tookie wrote a children's book does not mean that he did not deserve to be executed.

No, still a huge difference.  Kennedy and Byrd are two of the greatest statesman of the last 50 years.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2008, 07:20:28 PM »

No, still a huge difference.  Kennedy and Byrd are two of the greatest statesman of the last 50 years.
That is what we called an opinion, I personally think that Ted Kennedy is a drunken manslaughterer and Robert Byrd is a racist Klansmen
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2008, 07:20:55 PM »

That is what we called an opinion, I personally think that Ted Kennedy is a drunken manslaughterer and Robert Byrd is a racist Klansmen

And I respectfully disagree.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2008, 07:21:38 PM »

As do I so I fail to see your point
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2008, 07:22:44 PM »

No point, just thought I'd say that.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2008, 07:23:24 PM »

Nothing quite so sad as twelve year old drunks. Terrible. I blame the parents.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2008, 07:24:52 PM »

Amazing argument, have you met Gporter?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2008, 07:27:58 PM »

My name is Al, not "have you met Gporter?".
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »

Damn you are just the next Johnny Carson
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2008, 07:33:49 PM »

Damn you are just the next Johnny Carson

I'm actually having trouble understanding you. Is English your first language? It isn't my Taid's first language and he sometimes says words in a slightly strange order, so I'm wondering if this is true of you as well.

Or, maybe, the alcohol's just gone to your little head. Who knows.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2008, 07:38:30 PM »

For those who think it is inappropriate to be critical of Ted Kennedy:

I know it's not classy to speak ill of the recently deceased, but this really couldn't have happenned to a more terrible person.

Check out the following link; it pretty much sums up what this person stood for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Falwell#Controversial_remarks
I couldn't resist sketching this.

And the cake taker:
Wikipedia says that "He is reported to have died from complications arising from a severe bowel obstruction." It does not suprise me that he dies from being too full of sh*t.

I could go on but I think the point has been made.
Whole thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=57220.0

Similar things following the deaths of Henry Hyde and others
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2008, 07:40:12 PM »

For those who think it is inappropriate to be critical of Ted Kennedy:

I know it's not classy to speak ill of the recently deceased, but this really couldn't have happenned to a more terrible person.

Check out the following link; it pretty much sums up what this person stood for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Falwell#Controversial_remarks
I couldn't resist sketching this.

And the cake taker:
Wikipedia says that "He is reported to have died from complications arising from a severe bowel obstruction." It does not suprise me that he dies from being too full of sh*t.

I could go on but I think the point has been made.
Whole thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=57220.0

Similar things following the deaths of Henry Hyde and others

And they should not have been said.  You can be critical of the man, but have some respect.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies