Hillary booed at WV speech (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:59:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Hillary booed at WV speech (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary booed at WV speech  (Read 15261 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: May 08, 2008, 10:35:05 AM »

I hope the booing gives Hillary more fire to keep moving on.

I agree; this is clearly a sign that Democrats want her to move on.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 10:44:23 AM »

I hope the booing gives Hillary more fire to keep moving on.

I agree; this is clearly a sign that Democrats want her to move on.

Since when does the loud minority speak for the rest of the country? Hillary keeps winning, it's clear the country wants her to move on.

Oh, most definitely.  A rapidly increasing number of people, in fact, want her to move on.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:01:25 AM »

It seems that states that don't have a 33% black population want her to continue on with the race.

I agree again.  But don't forget, it's not only the states that don't have a 33% black population that want her to carry on, of course.  It's also the states that have primaries instead of caucuses, aren't safely Republican, aren't Illinois, has elected a female governor or congresswoman in the past, aren't "insignificant" (according to the Clinton campaign's definition), and aren't full of college-educated liberals or independents or young people.  Which only leaves Michigan and Florida, I believe, which of course are truly the only states that matter.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 11:02:08 AM »

What indication has he given that he can court the white vote in non caucus, non-safe Democratic states, non-latte liberal states?

Wisconsin?  Or does that not count?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 11:12:23 AM »

What indication has he given that he can court the white vote in non caucus, non-safe Democratic states, non-latte liberal states?

Wisconsin?  Or does that not count?

Wisconsin was at the height of Obamamania before he got vetted and he was getting universally positive coverage from the media. Wrightgate and Bitter-gate erupted since then. His grasp on the Republican and independent vote is all but gone, both of which powered him to his win in Wisconsin. I highly doubt he wins Wisconsin now.

Right, right.  So Wisconsin doesn't count either.

My my, the list of significant states is wearing thin.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 12:20:36 PM »

Meanwhile, in Bizarro World, where Hillary Clinton looks set to clinch the nomination over an ailing Barack Obama:

Believe it or not, people don't like to be called sexist and take such charges very seriously.  Maybe playing gender politics in the Democratic Primary will help you but this is going to be horrendous for your candidate in the Fall when you guys start calling people sexist.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 12:33:43 PM »

Meanwhile, in Bizarro World, where Hillary Clinton looks set to clinch the nomination over an ailing Barack Obama:

Believe it or not, people don't like to be called sexist and take such charges very seriously.  Maybe playing gender politics in the Democratic Primary will help you but this is going to be horrendous for your candidate in the Fall when you guys start calling people sexist.

If this was real, you'd have an excellent point.  But it's not.  Thanks.

I just enjoy pointing out other people's candid double standards, while poking fun at partisans at the same time.  You may continue.  Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 03:28:16 PM »

Disliking a politician because of their supporters is a bad reason to dislike a politician.

Oh I don't know about that.  Ron Paul used to appeal to me a little... until I began to encounter his creepy cabal of supporters, on the internet mostly (where else?).  Sure, that's not fair on Paul, but it was still a factor for me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies