Hillary booed at WV speech (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:16:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Hillary booed at WV speech (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary booed at WV speech  (Read 15462 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: May 08, 2008, 10:59:05 AM »

Someone with a red avatar dismissing the effect of a unified minority vote is pretty funny.

Let me remind you that John Kerry lost the white vote by seventeen points.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 11:15:38 AM »

Someone with a red avatar dismissing the effect of a unified minority vote is pretty funny.

Let me remind you that John Kerry lost the white vote by seventeen points.

And he lost the election.

Is that what we are hoping for from Obama?

What indication has he given that he can court the white vote in non caucus, non-safe Democratic states, non-latte liberal states?

That's a perfectly valid argument for his general election viability, not his having not really won the primaries.  "It doesn't count because black people voted for him" is not, and that's the one I was responding to.

If the Democratic Party wanted its primary to be representative of swing voters, it should have limited it to independents.

I'd say the bigger hacks are the ones calling Hillary supporters racist if they dare support McCain, then trumpet that Obama gets 95% margins of black voters.  The Voting Rights Act works both ways.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever Tongue
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 12:16:45 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2008, 12:19:01 PM by Alcon »

Not sure who this BRTD person is that everyone is referring to, but even still.  Doesn't it disturb you that 3 people on this board alone are calling anyone who disagrees with them a racist?

Usually I'm only disturbed by surprising things.  It's annoying.

I thought this whole movement was supposed to bring change to Washington.  This doesn't seem like good change.  I realize this sounds like Republican talking points but it's hard not to agree with Republicans on this.

You mean to tell me that you are shocked, just shocked, that there are jackasses who support Obama?  And, because jackasses support Obama, clearly jackasses are representative of the real Obama, and thus all that "change" stuff is bunk?

The "change" stuff is bunk because it's good-natured rhetoric, or hyperbole.  The "change" stuff isn't bunk because some guy on the Internet who supports Obama was mean to you or called you a racist.  That's just rationalized "I hate the guy, and the more I look at people around him, the more I'm sure I'm right" stuff.  You're too smart for that.

The Atlantic once had a funny half-political article about how, when they estimate that there are 20,000 geese in Chicago, people will scramble to find a way to convince themselves that this is a reasonable number.  Chicago is near water, and has parks -- lotsa geese.  They will very rarely stop and think, "hey, shouldn't the geese be in Florida this time of year?"  It's the same kind of regress.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies