Hillary booed at WV speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:32:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Hillary booed at WV speech
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Hillary booed at WV speech  (Read 15260 times)
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 10:50:16 AM »

I hope the booing gives Hillary more fire to keep moving on.

I agree; this is clearly a sign that Democrats want her to move on.

Since when does the loud minority speak for the rest of the country? Hillary keeps winning, it's clear the country wants her to move on.

Oh, most definitely.  A rapidly increasing number of people, in fact, want her to move on.

It seems that states that don't have a 33% black population want her to continue on with the race.

You mean like Oregon, South Dakota and Montana?

They've voted already? Care to let me know the results of these contests?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 10:53:48 AM »

Since when does the loud minority speak for the rest of the country? Hillary keeps winning, it's clear the country wants her to move on.

Oh, most definitely.  A rapidly increasing number of people, in fact, want her to move on.

It seems that states that don't have a 33% black population want her to continue on with the race.

You mean like Oregon, South Dakota and Montana?

They've voted already? Care to let me know the results of these contests?

They haven't voted but they clearly aren't going to vote for her. Just go look at the polls.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 10:56:14 AM »

I love it how Clinton supporters have adopted a blatantly racial "the black vote doesn't count" line.  Excuse me, Chris, but there was something called the Voting Rights Act of 1965 that made sure that every American has an equal vote.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 10:59:05 AM »

Someone with a red avatar dismissing the effect of a unified minority vote is pretty funny.

Let me remind you that John Kerry lost the white vote by seventeen points.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 11:01:00 AM »

Someone with a red avatar dismissing the effect of a unified minority vote is pretty funny.

And he lost the election.

Is that what we are hoping for from Obama?

What indication has he given that he can court the white vote in non caucus, non-safe Democratic states, non-latte liberal states?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 11:01:25 AM »

I agree again.  But don't forget, it's not only the states that don't have a 33% black population that want her to carry on, of course.  It's also the states that have primaries instead of caucuses, aren't safely Republican, aren't Illinois, has elected a female governor or congresswoman in the past, aren't "insignificant" (according to the Clinton campaign's definition), and aren't full of college-educated liberals or independents or young people.  Which only leaves Michigan and Florida, I believe, which of course are truly the only states that matter.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 11:02:08 AM »

What indication has he given that he can court the white vote in non caucus, non-safe Democratic states, non-latte liberal states?

Wisconsin?  Or does that not count?
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 11:04:42 AM »

Wisconsin was at the height of Obamamania before he got vetted and he was getting universally positive coverage from the media. Wrightgate and Bitter-gate erupted since then. His grasp on the Republican and independent vote is all but gone, both of which powered him to his win in Wisconsin. I highly doubt he wins Wisconsin now.

SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2008, 11:08:44 AM »

I love Democrats. They are so open to tolerance, Democracy and freedom to speech and such, yet when you disagree with them, you get ridiculed, booed, heckled, etc .. what a joke of a party. I guess loons need somewhere to go and they formed the Democrat party.

I've always leaned democrat because I agree with them more on the issues.  But this is sounding more and more accurate every day.  Especially since I have been called a racist repeatedly because I won't vote for Obama.  Then they wonder why so many of us are adamantly crossing over to vote for McCain...  like I really want to put in power a party that is calling me racist just because of who I vote for.  It makes you wonder what policies these political activists will lobby for if they get all their people in power.
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 11:11:32 AM »

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/campaignmatters/318585/a_change_is_gonna_come

Excerpt from Obama's speech YESTERDAY:

"Obama spoke of dignity and work and the America he loves. He spoke of the America that isn't about game playing or slicing and dicing and name calling or spin and division and distraction"

I'm sure Obama will follow up with these name-callers as he's trying to change politics as usual.

Clearly, candidates are responsible for policing every person who might be supporting them and forcing people into line. You're really amazing at grasping at straws to hate Obama for.

Wah Wah - Obama cries that the Republicans are mean, when his supporters are by far the most vicious racist people I've ever seen act out in a political campaign.  Anyone who voted for Hillary who doesn't vote for Obama is a Racist or is at least "Bitter" to black people, as not one but now 4 people on this very board have said.  What a joke, no wonder Democrats lose elections every 4 years even when the Republicans totally screw up.  You guys do NOTHING to help your party every time you open your mouth.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 11:12:23 AM »

Wisconsin was at the height of Obamamania before he got vetted and he was getting universally positive coverage from the media. Wrightgate and Bitter-gate erupted since then. His grasp on the Republican and independent vote is all but gone, both of which powered him to his win in Wisconsin. I highly doubt he wins Wisconsin now.

Right, right.  So Wisconsin doesn't count either.

My my, the list of significant states is wearing thin.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 11:12:56 AM »

Wow it's amazing that this forum gets flooded with Hillary hacks right AFTER she loses big and becomes truly and undeniably unviable.
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 11:14:42 AM »

Wow it's amazing that this forum gets flooded with Hillary hacks right AFTER she loses big and becomes truly and undeniably unviable.

I'd say the bigger hacks are the ones calling Hillary supporters racist if they dare support McCain, then trumpet that Obama gets 95% margins of black voters.  The Voting Rights Act works both ways.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2008, 11:15:38 AM »

And he lost the election.

Is that what we are hoping for from Obama?

That's a perfectly valid argument for his general election viability, not his having not really won the primaries.  "It doesn't count because black people voted for him" is not, and that's the one I was responding to.

If the Democratic Party wanted its primary to be representative of swing voters, it should have limited it to independents.

I'd say the bigger hacks are the ones calling Hillary supporters racist if they dare support McCain, then trumpet that Obama gets 95% margins of black voters.  The Voting Rights Act works both ways.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever Tongue
jesmo

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2008, 11:19:14 AM »

yo Shrillary hacks, we lost. Get over it. WV and KY are not enough. Obama won, we lost. We are losers, get over it!

Just be prepared for 2012 if Hillary re-launches her campaign, and any other lower level elections for 2008. SHE LOST; get over it please.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2008, 11:20:16 AM »

But I'm not reading that here....or did I miss it?
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2008, 11:24:07 AM »

Are you serious?  There have literally been 4 people on this board, one in this thread who said that people who voted for Clinton and are now voting for McCain are "Racist" or "Bitter" towards black people.
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2008, 11:26:47 AM »

here you go:

sbane
View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Hillary booed at WV speech
« Reply #10 on: Today at 10:27:01 am »    
Reply with quote Ignore
Quote from: agcatter on Today at 10:09:39 am

"A Hillary supporter voting for Mccain in the fall seems like racism to me because their ideologies do not mix at all. I am not saying they are but it seems like that way to me because their is no logical reason to vote for Mccain if you believe in Hillary and what she stands for. Now a lot of that right now is bitterness and I understand that but hopefully that will wear off after 6 months of general election fun. I think a small segment of the population(concentrated in appalachia and the south) that voted for Hillary will vote for Mccain in the fall and a lot of them will be doing it to vote against the black guy. Some of these appalachian and blue collar areas where Obama will do bad I would not characterize as racist, rather than BITTER at black people. They feel Black people get coddled while they get screwed. I guess I understand where they come from but hopefully they can get over it by november."
   Report to moderator 
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2008, 11:41:51 AM »

Are you serious?  There have literally been 4 people on this board, one in this thread who said that people who voted for Clinton and are now voting for McCain are "Racist" or "Bitter" towards black people.

Can you explain to me why a liberal who voted for Clinton and believes in everything she says would vote for Mccain? What policies do these two share any resemblance on, which is also not shared by Obama. Obama and Clinton have the same damn policies which is the reason why we had the most stupid primaries ever. No issues were discussed, just personalities. I for one would vote for Clinton in a heartbeat if she were the chosen nominee, so they why wont Clinton supporters vote for Obama?  All I was saying was that a minority of people will vote for Mccain just to vote against the black guy. If you disagree with me there you need to go back and reread your US history book.
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2008, 11:48:11 AM »

Can you explain to me why a liberal who voted for Clinton and believes in everything she says would vote for Mccain? What policies do these two share any resemblance on, which is also not shared by Obama. Obama and Clinton have the same damn policies which is the reason why we had the most stupid primaries ever. No issues were discussed, just personalities. I for one would vote for Clinton in a heartbeat if she were the chosen nominee, so they why wont Clinton supporters vote for Obama?  All I was saying was that a minority of people will vote for Mccain just to vote against the black guy. If you disagree with me there you need to go back and reread your US history book.

Why explain, it's obvious that I'm racist because I'm supporting McCain?  BTW - who says everyone that voted for Clinton is a liberal?  I consider myself moderate.  I typically vote Democrat because they have tended to be the more moderate party over the last few years.  I'll give you one big issue where Clinton looks closer to McCain - Taxes.  Obama has said in the past he would raise taxes on people making over $150,000 a year.  Clinton puts the number higher, anywhere from $200,000 to $250,000 or so.  For those of us that live in a high cost of living city that is a very important distinction.  If you truly support Obama, why would you make these outrageous claims?  The character of supporters can really impact a candidate's campaign.    All of the Obama supporters crying racism are already causing a backlash, see here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080416084947AAPtddu

Believe it or not, people don't like to be called racist and take such charges very seriously.  Maybe playing racial politics in the Democratic Primary will help you but this is going to be horrendous for your candidate in the Fall when you guys start calling people racist.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2008, 11:56:35 AM »

Ok, I didnt see it and I don't agree with it.  If BRTD was one of them, then knock it down to 3 people. Thanks
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2008, 12:13:56 PM »

Ok, I didnt see it and I don't agree with it.  If BRTD was one of them, then knock it down to 3 people. Thanks

Not sure who this BRTD person is that everyone is referring to, but even still.  Doesn't it disturb you that 3 people on this board alone are calling anyone who disagrees with them a racist?  I thought this whole movement was supposed to bring change to Washington.  This doesn't seem like good change.  I realize this sounds like Republican talking points but it's hard not to agree with Republicans on this.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2008, 12:16:45 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2008, 12:19:01 PM by Alcon »

Not sure who this BRTD person is that everyone is referring to, but even still.  Doesn't it disturb you that 3 people on this board alone are calling anyone who disagrees with them a racist?

Usually I'm only disturbed by surprising things.  It's annoying.

I thought this whole movement was supposed to bring change to Washington.  This doesn't seem like good change.  I realize this sounds like Republican talking points but it's hard not to agree with Republicans on this.

You mean to tell me that you are shocked, just shocked, that there are jackasses who support Obama?  And, because jackasses support Obama, clearly jackasses are representative of the real Obama, and thus all that "change" stuff is bunk?

The "change" stuff is bunk because it's good-natured rhetoric, or hyperbole.  The "change" stuff isn't bunk because some guy on the Internet who supports Obama was mean to you or called you a racist.  That's just rationalized "I hate the guy, and the more I look at people around him, the more I'm sure I'm right" stuff.  You're too smart for that.

The Atlantic once had a funny half-political article about how, when they estimate that there are 20,000 geese in Chicago, people will scramble to find a way to convince themselves that this is a reasonable number.  Chicago is near water, and has parks -- lotsa geese.  They will very rarely stop and think, "hey, shouldn't the geese be in Florida this time of year?"  It's the same kind of regress.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2008, 12:20:36 PM »

Meanwhile, in Bizarro World, where Hillary Clinton looks set to clinch the nomination over an ailing Barack Obama:

Believe it or not, people don't like to be called sexist and take such charges very seriously.  Maybe playing gender politics in the Democratic Primary will help you but this is going to be horrendous for your candidate in the Fall when you guys start calling people sexist.
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2008, 12:23:02 PM »

Not sure who this BRTD person is that everyone is referring to, but even still.  Doesn't it disturb you that 3 people on this board alone are calling anyone who disagrees with them a racist?

Usually I'm only disturbed by surprising things.  It's annoying.

I thought this whole movement was supposed to bring change to Washington.  This doesn't seem like good change.  I realize this sounds like Republican talking points but it's hard not to agree with Republicans on this.

You mean to tell me that you are shocked, just shocked, that there are jackasses who support Obama?  And, because jackasses support Obama, clearly jackasses are representative of the real Obama, and thus all that "change" stuff is bunk?

The "change" stuff is bunk because it's good-natured rhetoric, or hyperbole.  The "change" stuff isn't bunk because some guy on the Internet who supports Obama was mean to you or called you a racist.  That's just rationalized "I hate the guy, I hate everyone around him" stuff.  You're too smart for that.

No, I am shocked that the people who call others Racist are becoming less of a vocal minority and more in the mainstream of his support.  I remember a few months ago the Obama rallies were uplifting and people clapped to pay respect to Clinton and Edwards.  Now they've started booing Clinton and I've heard several speeches where Obama supporters at the rally shouted obscenities when Clinton was mentioned.  Yeah the campaign has become more heated but the Supporters fainting at rallies and obsessively calling anyone who disagrees with them a Racist are a major turn off.  Maybe you've always been on the liberal side of issues and haven't really had to deal with this.  That's the case for me in the past, but when you're repeatedly called a Racist for not supporting Obama it really makes you think that all the Republicans that have complained for years about the Al Sharpton's and Jesse Jackson's of the World, might have been on to something.  The Obama movement has definitely single-handedly caused me to shift my political alignment *somewhat.*  Oh and I fully expect to receive a string of messages from some Obama supporters saying "Good Riddance, Racist" pretty soon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies