Hillary booed at WV speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:54:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Hillary booed at WV speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Hillary booed at WV speech  (Read 15243 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2008, 11:54:46 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/08/us/politics/08clinton.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Wow. In WV too.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 12:06:41 AM »

It is a university town in the West Virginia panhandle, the most likely place for this to occur. But completely unnecessary. I think this reflects poorly on the university students. If they do not want to hear her speak they do not have to go. I think it is ironic that one sign read "end the dynasty" when the Clintons are no dynasty, multi-generationally speaking, and likely will never be one. It is also ironic given the smooth ride the current President, who comes from a real dynasty, was given on his path to the White House in 2000.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 12:28:02 AM »

It is also ironic given the smooth ride the current President, who comes from a real dynasty, was given on his path to the White House in 2000.

I recall plenty of jokes about "daddy's little President".
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 12:31:16 AM »

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/campaignmatters/318585/a_change_is_gonna_come

Excerpt from Obama's speech YESTERDAY:

"Obama spoke of dignity and work and the America he loves. He spoke of the America that isn't about game playing or slicing and dicing and name calling or spin and division and distraction"

I'm sure Obama will follow up with these name-callers as he's trying to change politics as usual.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 06:03:35 AM »

Jefferson county should be (relatively at least) quite good for Obama.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 07:56:35 AM »

brtd, you wont be so giddy on tuesday.

go ahead and pull out the 'west virginians are racist' line.  because we all know the only reason a white would dare vote against someone as great as obama is racism.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 08:56:44 AM »

go ahead and pull out the 'west virginians are racist' line.  because we all know the only reason a white would dare vote against someone as great as obama is racism.

So can you explain to me why you hate Obama so much? I can understand that you prefer Hillary but you do realize they have the exact same policy positions. Isnt that what should count? Also I cannot stand when Hillary supporters say they will vote for Mccain. I understand not voting or writing in Hillary's name but why would you support an unending war in Iraq and a very possible one in Iran. Mccain has already made it clear he doesnt give a sh*t about the economy. Maybe you think Hillary would be better than Obama, but would Mccain be better than Obama at handling the economy?
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 09:09:39 AM »

Let em boo.  Hillary will do no worse than 65% next Tuesday.

I always find it amusing that lefty college students are all for academic freedom - unless it's from someone they don't like or agree with.

Most Obama supporters don't say this but there are a disturbing few on this board and among his general supporters in his his campaign who scream racism whenever someone is critical of Senator Obama.  That's not going to go down well in the fall and if that kind of talk gets too loud expect a white backlash.  Not something he needs with a huge demographic he is already weak with.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 09:10:41 AM »

It is a university town in the West Virginia panhandle, the most likely place for this to occur. But completely unnecessary. I think this reflects poorly on the university students. If they do not want to hear her speak they do not have to go. I think it is ironic that one sign read "end the dynasty" when the Clintons are no dynasty, multi-generationally speaking, and likely will never be one. It is also ironic given the smooth ride the current President, who comes from a real dynasty, was given on his path to the White House in 2000.

I agree with you in part--Hillary Clinton is no George W. Bush, although of course there is something of a dynastic approach going on with people voting for her "remembering the good times of the '90s"--but I have to disagree about your assessment of the future. Chelsea Clinton has been behaving so well for so long that she has to be keeping her options open for elected office in the future. I don't doubt her parents raised to keep a long view of events and to behave like a politician. She's a lot like Libby Pataki.

The Bush daughters, meanwhile, don't appear to be building toward elected politics, and God bless them because they deserve some normality in their lives.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 09:11:56 AM »

Most Obama supporters don't say this but there are a disturbing few on this board and among his general supporters in his his campaign who scream racism whenever someone is critical of Senator Obama. 

Really? Any time someone is critical of Obama, they'll "scream racism"? Which posters did you have in mind?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 09:27:01 AM »

Most Obama supporters don't say this but there are a disturbing few on this board and among his general supporters in his his campaign who scream racism whenever someone is critical of Senator Obama.  That's not going to go down well in the fall and if that kind of talk gets too loud expect a white backlash.  Not something he needs with a huge demographic he is already weak with.

A Hillary supporter voting for Mccain in the fall seems like racism to me because their ideologies do not mix at all. I am not saying they are but it seems like that way to me because their is no logical reason to vote for Mccain if you believe in Hillary and what she stands for. Now a lot of that right now is bitterness and I understand that but hopefully that will wear off after 6 months of general election fun. I think a small segment of the population(concentrated in appalachia and the south) that voted for Hillary will vote for Mccain in the fall and a lot of them will be doing it to vote against the black guy. Some of these appalachian and blue collar areas where Obama will do bad I would not characterize as racist, rather than BITTER at black people. They feel Black people get coddled while they get screwed. I guess I understand where they come from but hopefully they can get over it by november.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 10:15:29 AM »

I specifically said a "few" posters.  Please don't try to argue with a straight face that there  hasn't been some of that on this board.  I read the board  every day.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 10:28:37 AM »

I hope the booing gives Hillary more fire to keep moving on.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »

I love Democrats. They are so open to tolerance, Democracy and freedom to speech and such, yet when you disagree with them, you get ridiculed, booed, heckled, etc .. what a joke of a party. I guess loons need somewhere to go and they formed the Democrat party.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 10:33:08 AM »

I love Democrats. They are so open to tolerance, Democracy and freedom to speech and such, yet when you disagree with them, you get ridiculed, booed, heckled, etc .. what a joke of a party. I guess loons need somewhere to go and they formed the Democrat party.

And a Republican has never booed a  Republican politician before? Get over yourself... while this incident was quite rude, it happens on both sides. It's simply a fact of life.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 10:35:05 AM »

I agree; this is clearly a sign that Democrats want her to move on.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 10:35:46 AM »

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/campaignmatters/318585/a_change_is_gonna_come

Excerpt from Obama's speech YESTERDAY:

"Obama spoke of dignity and work and the America he loves. He spoke of the America that isn't about game playing or slicing and dicing and name calling or spin and division and distraction"

I'm sure Obama will follow up with these name-callers as he's trying to change politics as usual.

Clearly, candidates are responsible for policing every person who might be supporting them and forcing people into line. You're really amazing at grasping at straws to hate Obama for.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 10:36:59 AM »

I always find it amusing that lefty college students are all for academic freedom - unless it's from someone they don't like or agree with.

Nice stereotyping...I suppose that's why I've gone out of my way to see John Ashcroft, Newt Gingrich (twice), and other prominent Republicans?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 10:40:29 AM »

Nice stereotyping...I suppose that's why I've gone out of my way to see John Ashcroft, Newt Gingrich (twice), and other prominent Republicans?

Congratulations. I went to see Ron Paul, Elizabeth Edwards, Barack Obama, and Zell Miller speak. That doesn't mean the majority of these so called lefty college students are the same way you are. Most of them do not want their views challenged, or they get really defensive.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 10:40:50 AM »

Since when does the loud minority speak for the rest of the country? Hillary keeps winning, it's clear the country wants her to move on.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 10:41:46 AM »

You think I care that much? It's not like WV is going to deny Obama the nomination.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 10:44:23 AM »

Since when does the loud minority speak for the rest of the country? Hillary keeps winning, it's clear the country wants her to move on.

Oh, most definitely.  A rapidly increasing number of people, in fact, want her to move on.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 10:46:18 AM »

Oh, most definitely.  A rapidly increasing number of people, in fact, want her to move on.

It seems that states that don't have a 33% black population want her to continue on with the race.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 10:48:56 AM »

It seems that states that don't have a 33% black population want her to continue on with the race.

You mean like Oregon, South Dakota and Montana?
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 10:49:04 AM »

Well King, you are to be commended then.  Unfortunately, not all lefties on campus are so inclined.  Ann Coulter, John Bolten, and the organizer of the minutemen are examples right off the top of my head who have had their speeches cut short or postponed all together due to disruptions or threats of disruptions.  That's an unfortunate fact.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies