(R-PA) Gov. Keystone Phil vs. (R-TX) Sen. Mike Naso
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:45:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  (R-PA) Gov. Keystone Phil vs. (R-TX) Sen. Mike Naso
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins the Republican Nomination?
(R-PA) Gov. Keystone Phil

(R-TX) Sen. Mike Naso

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: (R-PA) Gov. Keystone Phil vs. (R-TX) Sen. Mike Naso  (Read 5011 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2008, 07:18:41 PM »
« edited: May 02, 2008, 12:40:36 AM by Mike for McCain »

I know Phil is always considered the "most likely" winner of a forum GOP Primary...but let me make the case on why if he and I squared off...I don't think he would have the edge.

Phil has no wildlife experience. As far as I know, he doesn't fish or hunt. (maybe small varmets)
Phil has no law enforcement influence/firearm/military experience (no NRA endorsement for him)

...and I am going into the military.

Just another funny tidbit...Phil hasn't even seen "Forrest Gump" for god's sake! I think that I would have the upper hand because I'm not a "city boy". I've shot guns, caught fish, and I think I would be a strong contender if I were ever in that position...because I have middle America appeal.

So...Gov. Phil of PA vs. Sen. Naso of TX (lets say)

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 07:21:49 PM »

Why does your hair look so silly?

And why does it remind me of Bill Clinton?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 09:29:23 PM »

I can say that you are the first person to ever compare me to Bill Clinton.

Honestly...I kind of know Phil better than 90% of people on the forum...and I honestly don't think Phil would have any middle America appeal. He is defintely an elitest city guy, never shot guns, never hunted or fished, and yet so many say "PHIL WOULD WIN THE PRIMARY!"
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 09:41:34 PM »

I can say that you are the first person to ever compare me to Bill Clinton.

Honestly...I kind of know Phil better than 90% of people on the forum...and I honestly don't think Phil would have any middle America appeal. He is defintely an elitest city guy, never shot guns, never hunted or fished, and yet so many say "PHIL WOULD WIN THE PRIMARY!"

But he has that arrogance essential for any GOP nominee. The French-hating helps, too.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 09:48:07 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2008, 09:49:49 PM by President Keystone Phil »

Well, I wouldn't have noticed this if it wasn't already nominated in the Comedy Goldmine.

First of all, thank you so much, Naso, for using one of my worst photos on record from a year and a half ago with my longer hair. Roll Eyes

Secondly, I am certainly a "city guy" but by no means am I an elitist and just because I haven't hunted or fired a gun doesn't mean that I am out of touch. It also doesn't mean that I won't eventually do those things at some point in time. And, yes, I haven't seen Forrest Gump. I was movie deprived as a child and I still am. I don't think that would turn off many voters though.

By the way, Naso, you say I have no law enforcement or military experience. Ok, well neither do you. And don't say, "Oh, but I will!" because this scenario can't just be a Naso Fantasy.

Finally, you complain about assumptions yet do the same here. Where the hell did you get the idea that I've never fished? I live across the street from a creek and used to go down there to fish with one of my good friends all the time during the summer.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 10:43:54 PM »

I think the pictures would give Phil the primary alone. LOL
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 10:48:39 PM »

Did you see the picture of Naso with the gun? He's obviously a defender of freedom who demands your vote.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 11:13:20 PM »

Well, I wouldn't have noticed this if it wasn't already nominated in the Comedy Goldmine.

First of all, thank you so much, Naso, for using one of my worst photos on record from a year and a half ago with my longer hair. Roll Eyes

Secondly, I am certainly a "city guy" but by no means am I an elitist and just because I haven't hunted or fired a gun doesn't mean that I am out of touch. It also doesn't mean that I won't eventually do those things at some point in time. And, yes, I haven't seen Forrest Gump. I was movie deprived as a child and I still am. I don't think that would turn off many voters though.

By the way, Naso, you say I have no law enforcement or military experience. Ok, well neither do you. And don't say, "Oh, but I will!" because this scenario can't just be a Naso Fantasy.

Finally, you complain about assumptions yet do the same here. Where the hell did you get the idea that I've never fished? I live across the street from a creek and used to go down there to fish with one of my good friends all the time during the summer.

I just hate the way you insult middle America. You say whenever you think of Ohio, you think "trashy". How can you NOT be an elitist?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 11:28:43 AM »

I just hate the way you insult middle America. You say whenever you think of Ohio, you think "trashy". How can you NOT be an elitist?

Plenty of people hate Ohio. Have you seen the website gobacktoohio.com? I hate seeing Ohioans coming down to Charleston every summer and ruin our heavenly way of life.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 11:34:56 AM »

Maybe this race could split the conservative vote and allow for a moderate nominee like Rep. Moose (R-PA) Smiley
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 11:39:28 AM »

Plus...don't forget Naso-Cat...he's 100% behind Mike...

Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 12:44:10 PM »

Maybe this race could split the conservative vote and allow for a moderate nominee like Rep. Moose (R-PA) Smiley

What about mayor Johnson? (R-TN)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 01:13:20 PM »

Mike,

My great question to you is why would you want the Republican Presidential Nomination in the first place? State and local politics is so much better than the national give away called the presidential race. However, being vice-president is still my long political dream. Smiley

As for the question, I would still say Keystone Phil would win the nomination. If Phil can excel as a conservative Republican in Philadelphia, I would not just support the man, I would give him money!

I have never been one to be easily sold to the pro-gun, pro-millitary crowd in the GOP. I for one view those who are not hunters but defend the second amendment as bigger defenders of gun rights as those who are regular hunters. After all, such people care so much about the right to own guns that, even though they never use one, they will strongly defend it as a constitutional, and not just a personal, right.

Serving in the military is a Greta thing. I myself am taking courses to become a military chaplain, but I hardly view it as a prerequisite to running for office. I hope to become a classroom American history teacher in at-risk schools, thowing myself into the "front lines" in American education. I view that as I view serving in the military: Putting one's personal comfort and safety behind the future of the nation.

So in short, I still view Phil as the man of this forum with the best chance at being President of the United States, however, I think he's too smart to actually seek that high office.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 03:06:54 PM »

The one who doesn't constantly put pictures of himself in threads.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 05:25:17 PM »

The one who doesn't constantly put pictures of himself in threads.

THEY DISAPPEARED!!!111
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 05:27:10 PM »

No way does John Edward get the nomination. Phil wins in a walk.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 05:47:20 PM »

John Edwards? Are you insane?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 06:04:41 PM »

Naso, I don't insult middle America. As I've told you before, I have some serious filth not too far from where I am. I don't know what it is but I just think of Ohio as being not as beautiful as some other areas.  Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 06:56:34 PM »

To Naso's defense, he's no liberal, smooth talking, pretty southern boy with tons of charm.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 11:16:46 PM »

This is a difficult question. I highly doubt either of you will ever even come close to such offices, but I suppose that is beside the point.

Naso is a goof ball, but Phil has some pretty severe problems with his temper tantrums. Just imagine the Dean Scream (except quite a bit worse, really) on a daily basis. I can't see someone like that winning, so I'll have to go with Naso in this scenario.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 12:15:57 AM »

Phil has some pretty severe problems with his temper tantrums. Just imagine the Dean Scream (except quite a bit worse, really) on a daily basis.

And this is my problem with simple forum based opinions. I don't have "Dean Scream" moments that are "quite a bit worse" on a "daily basis."

Oh, wait...did my wording seem like I was having a tantrum? I'm sorry. Here's my commentary without a tantrum:

And this is my problem with simple forum based opinions. I don't have "Dean Scream" moments that are "quite a bit worse" on a "daily basis."

See the difference?
jesmo

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 01:24:45 AM »

Naso, why did you post one of Phil's uglier pictures? You did that purposely! Most of his pics show that he is a hottie!
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 11:18:50 PM »

Phil has some pretty severe problems with his temper tantrums. Just imagine the Dean Scream (except quite a bit worse, really) on a daily basis.

Oh, wait...did my wording seem like I was having a tantrum? I'm sorry. Here's my commentary without a tantrum:

See the difference?

Yes. The second time it was clearly typed more delicately. You have beautiful fingers, by the way. They must not have seen much work. Hmm. You really are an effete elitist aren't you? Now I'm voting for Naso. He types with his two index fingers and grunts every time he presses the return key, like a real man.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 01:37:09 AM »

To Naso's defense, he's no liberal, smooth talking, pretty southern boy with tons of charm.

As I have said before, in that black top Naso looks like him.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008, 05:20:13 PM »

OH CANADA! My new home and native land.. SING IT! For sanity purposes only I'd vote for Phil if I had to.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies