2008 California Population Estimates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:07:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2008 California Population Estimates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 California Population Estimates  (Read 7115 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: May 01, 2008, 11:10:30 PM »

• San Francisco has attained its highestb population on record with a population of 824,525 as of January 1, 2008. This continues the significant upward trend in growth that began in 2006. The city grew by 1.5 percent this past year.

That is quite an upward trend, given that the Census (I know, apples and oranges) put the 2006 number at 744,000, down from 777,000 in 2000. Anyone know how often California appears to use a little extra sunshine in its numbers?
[/quote]

The last few years have been very good to San Francisco. Also lots of new construction going on in the city so I am not too surprised. I was a little surprised by Dublin though. It is the city right next to me and although they are building lots of new homes and condos, i did not think it would be one of the fastest growing. Thats good, building Mcnerney more of a liberal base.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies