SurveyUSA 14-State Poll Release (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:16:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  SurveyUSA 14-State Poll Release (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SurveyUSA 14-State Poll Release  (Read 7587 times)
elcorazon

« on: April 17, 2008, 02:45:34 PM »

while these numbers are not great for obama, I don't see them as all that surprising.  Hillary does better in Oh, Mo and NM (slightly surprising) (36 EV's)
Obama better in Iowa, Minn, Oregon, Wisconsin, Virginia (49 EV's)

In Kentucky Hillary looks competitive, but I don't believe it.
IN Mass, McCain looks competitive vs. obama, but I question that as well.
NY, Kansas, Alabama, California ain't changing sides regardless, so they're moot.
elcorazon

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 03:27:05 PM »

Young people in Kentucky must really hate Obama.  Clinton also does better among African-Americans, so I don't know what happened there.

Also, why can't Obama seem to do well in Massachusetts?  This still baffles me.
one word:  racism
elcorazon

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 03:40:14 PM »

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY CANDIDATE THEN YOU A RACIST SIR, A GODDAMN DIRTY RACIST!!!!!!!11

Seriously though, while simple racism is a factor in some areas, other things are always at work. If Barack Obama was as white as his mother and called Dave Jones he'd still be polling badly relative to Clinton in the places where that's happening now.

Were this polls done after the bitter thing [question mark]
this is such rubbish.  There is an ingrained skepticism of black folks in some areas, including the Boston area, which is actually not nearly as liberal as it's perceived to be.

Hard to explain the wide gap between obama/mccain and clinton/mccain in mass, as opposed to places like Oregon, Washington, MInnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, where the gap is the other direction (not huge black populations in those states).  I can understand Hillary outperforming barack by a few points in Cal, NY, NM, Ohio, but the wide gap is Massachusetts is highly suspect.  Hopefully in the fall, the "liberals" will show up and elect Obama.
elcorazon

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 03:51:01 PM »

man, you people have your heads in the sand.  I understand some people don't agree with obama.  I understand some people prefer mccain, or hillary or just don't like the guy.  I'm talking about an area that has been strongly democratic for a LONG time, which has gone to a dem nearly without fail for a really long time.  They elect hardcore liberals.  They define the word liberal to a lot of middle America.  They also have a history of racism.  

And now you have a black guy running who is quite popular among liberals across the country.  Fine, he can lose the primary to Hillary, that's alright.  But for so many hillary supporters to be supporting mccain in the fall in Massachusetts, I have a hard time explaining it any other way.

what's your best guess?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies